• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sappy113

That red wasn't the worst decision in the world. Bit harsh but that's the risk you take when you have your foot near enough above your waist. Nani's the one who ruined this game.

I see plays like that in pretty much every game of football. A long pass somewhere, a player seeking to control it with his feet, so he can do something with it quickly afterwards. I rarely see players sent off for that.

You could quite obviously see Nani follow the ball with his eyes all the way through, so there's absolutely no vicious intent in that situation, which is often the reason for a dismissal.

Tc91

I'm proud of the way our lads have played over the two legs.

Went toe to toe with Madrid.

Same and all will be forgotten when we lift that #20 and then we'll see how many of these people turn out in that thread.

We outplayed Madrid over the 2 legs.

:lol :lol

I love you Will. Unlike Carbonox_Mario you're a real Newcastle fan. <3

6TSshue.jpg

I LOVE IT

/XX/

See guys? Modric's goal was at 21:07 GMT+1, coincidence? No, 'el siete y su casta'...

I didn't know you were a Madrid fan. Hell, I didn't know you were even a football fan. You need to post more in here.
This place is so crazy fast that I have more fun being the spectator in your game. Love you, guys!

And Mr. Reg-chan, my man, we have talked about this matters before, remember? Like in here; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43590448, for example.

arkon

ibvK33D2xTQypZ.gif

I don't think this was a red card. But United can't blame the ref for losing. They didn't even do anything in the entire match.

Own goal, plus Rafael's handball? Do me a favour.

How do you think the own goalcame about? Through United's attacking play.

Brinbe

So close, still fighting till the end. =)

And eh, whatever, it's disappointing but it's only the quarters and we were the better team prior to the decision. Still alive in the FA Cup and the league is there for the taking.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
There's another 2 chances missed, and the United goal came from a lucky deflection. On balance they still cut their own throat.

rodvik

ibvK33D2xTQypZ.gif

I don't think this was a red card. But United can't blame the ref for losing. They didn't even do anything in the entire match.

Own goal, plus Rafael's handball? Do me a favour.

He obviously didnt mean it looking at the replay but in real time it is a very high foot with studs to an opponents chest.

Its borderline the wrong decision but it certainly is not a crazy "lol ref" one.

Clegg

Seriously? You've had the bus parked half this match. The only reason you have a goal right now is because Varane and Ramos had a brain fart.

EDIT: BASED DIEGO LOPEZ
United were doing fine before the red card. They were creating chances and threatening the goal.

The sending off killed the game.

I see plays like that in pretty much every game of football. A long pass somewhere, a player seeking to control it with his feet, so he can do something with it quickly afterwards. I rarely see players sent off for that.

You could quite obviously see Nani follow the ball with his eyes all the way through, so there's absolutely no vicious intent in that situation, which is often the reason for a dismissal.

I also don't believe that Nani did a kung-fu kick with full force on purpose - but he hit another player and then played a dying swan himself. Maybe the red card was harsh but certainly not completly undeserved.

-Eddman-

Great game by Madrid and deserved if they win but man... Rooney warming the bench for no reason, stupid unjustified red card, an own goal by Madrid and Modric of all people scoring the 1-1. Everything in the same games makes you kinda suspicious

Seriously? You've had the bus parked half this match. The only reason you have a goal right now is because Varane and Ramos had a brain fart.

EDIT: BASED DIEGO LOPEZ

Your team always counter attacks the other team and when United do it you say we parked the bus.

:lol

Sage00

Once And Future Member
You're saying that if a team makes MORE chances it means they're worse?
I'm saying the team who scores the most goals is the better team, which is why that's the condition for winning a match. If you don't take those chances then that's not you.

Otherwise why don't we just give the CL trophy to Barca by default each season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom