• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Meier

Can't believe they didn't give that penalty. Yikes. Particularly unlucky with the keeper completely out of his goal.

Meier

I see Spain had 82% of possession and took 29 shots but only managed to get 4 on goal. Ugh, so obnoxious. Finland just be on top of the world with their 1 SOG going in.

Fry

598844_512349052157348_938581598_n.jpg

Is this accurate? Goddamn.

Mexico is the national team who plays the most games throughout the year.... and they play vs garbage teams multiple times... of course he is gonna break the record... Hugo Sanchez today would shit on Chicharito easily.

Oh come on. It's not like he didn't score vs Argentina, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Brazil, etc... too. His scoring record for Mexico is really good. And so was Hugo's. Hugo scored like once every 2 games. He should have had more, but Mexico was banned for a while.

No one is saying Chicha > Hugo. Everybody knows Hugo is the superior player.

Oh come on. It's not like he didn't score vs Argentina, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Brazil, etc... too. His scoring record for Mexico is really good. And so was Hugo's. Hugo scored like once every 2 games. He should have had more, but Mexico was banned for a while.

No one is saying Chicha > Hugo. Everybody knows Hugo is the superior player.

Hugo was big in Real Madrid but really nonexistant in the national team. Kinda like what a lot of people think of Messi (which I dont agree with).

jtb

Banned
Wikipedia says Ronaldo scored ~400 goals for club and another 62 for country so given the goals tally is wrong... I wouldn't hold out much hope for the assist one.

Not that it really matters. Honestly, the assist is the most meaningless stat in football imo. Doesn't measure anything besides who got the second-to-last touch.

jtb

Banned
He won the world cup twice though.

I know (well, I don't think he played a single minute in 94... so I'm not sure if that counts. One world cup is still ridiculously impressive though), it's just sad more than anything. Missed out on a winner's medal with Milan because he was cup-tied :(

jtb

Banned
Shows 490 at the bottom when you include the cups, etc.

That includes national team games, I think? Assuming we're looking at the same table.

edit: game called off? on one hand, obviously USA better equipped for the snow but on the other... already got fucked out of one penalty decision. It's for the best either way.

edit2: or not....

pulga

Banned
CONCALAFF has really gone crazy over home team advantage today lololol

Whats worse though, our unbearable heat or this fucking blizzard were witnessing?

Top Bottom