• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Lol the gringos doing the polar opposite of what we did, theyre gonna freeze the ticos to death.

Northern Ireland outdid them both. They summoned a snowstorm and then refused to play knowing that Russia would dominate them in the snow.

Edit: Higuain can't stop scoring!

Blablurn

Seriously guys ._. I might drink but im not going drunk again. Fuck. I feel done. My gf is making breakfast right now. I have to thank her.

Timurid

Damn. Not what I was expecting.

Sorry to hear that, dude, and it's understandable why you'd want to stay away.

Sorry to hear that Timmy.

Sorry about your loss Tim :(

Timuuuu, sorry to hear about the loss :( Hope you'll get much better soon.

I'll root for PSG in the first leg against Barca for you
if Zlatan is not suspended.

:( Thanks guys It's been tough, but i'm getting by. PSG will win. PSG beat them before and will again.

When I lost my cat Lionel suddenly a few months back I felt lost for the first few days. Lots of crying and loneliness. I still miss him but I just try to remember the fun memories. :/

We are here if you want to talk man

Edit: every time I type neogaf into my browser I see the thread I made when trying to get advice. He got ill suddenly and I went to the vet and GAF for help. Hurts looking at that thread :(

My dog was a little Bichon Frise. My family got her when I was 5 and she has been around for 15 years. I had to put her down. She was pretty much blind in both eyes due to cataracts. The vet said we could do surgery, but it was $1000/$2000 per eye. It was too fucking expensive. Then 3 years later her legs started to give out due to arthritis. On Friday, she couldn't even stand up in the morning and started yelping. I took her to the vet and decided to put her down.

It was strange at the vet because she always get irritable at the vet especially when they put her in a cage, but on Friday she didn't even flinch. It seemed like she just gave up, and that's when I decided to put her to sleep.

I miss her everyday. My little Bella :(

No more dogs for me. If I do get another pet, it'll probably be a reptile.

Messi

I am not sure if you guys remember but about 2 weeks ago I asked for some help on here regarding losing weight. Can Crusher got in contact and gave me some really helpful advice and i've been tracking my weight for a month now. I am not sure if any of your guys even care but here is how I am going:

March 1st : 254 pounds
March 8th : 252 pounds
March 15th : 250 pounds
March 22nd : 249 pounds

I took a before picture that i'll upload when things look a bit more improved.

Since I started I have also learned how to cook a lot of good nice food. Realizing that food is much nicer when you cook it yourself and know that it is good for you. You should know that before this the most I could make was a sandwich or beans on toast.

I feel I should bold this because it means a lot to me, I have not had a Monster energy drink in 22 days. The urges have started to go away and I have stopped feeling like I need it to feel awake. Horrible Horrible stuff. I have only had a can of soda once each week as a cheat but I am cutting that out and replacing the cheat with something I like eating. Fuck soda.

Things are going slowly but well. I have a much more positive outlook on life since I started eating healthily again and running again. This has also coincided with a promotion in work for the first time, a lot more responsibility and people finally having some faith in me to be more than just the bottom rung employee. I have also developed faith in myself and my abilities and getting over the fear of what people might think if I don't know how to do my new work right off the bat. Learning quickly.

Its also given me more confidence. Since I started this again I have been putting myself out there more in work and socially trying to advance myself and this is coming along nicely. I am trying to shed the social anxiety and become a much more confident person. You never know the women for me might be just around the corner and then I might have to abandon the creepy Olivia shrine. :)

--

I typed way more than I meant to but what the hell. We are Arnie and Friends, Right???

arkon

Congrats, man. Sounds like the changes you've implemented are having a huge impact. I need to start doing something similar and shed some weight.

Also, I somehow doubt you would be able to abandon that Olivia shrine :p

Messi

Congrats, man. Sounds like the changes you've implemented are having a huge impact. I need to start doing something similar and shed some weight.

Also, I somehow doubt you would be able to abandon that Olivia shrine :p

I highly doubt it also. But I am kind of seeking my own personal woman :p

xintin

every now and then I think it will be fun to do online team play in FIFA 13. Then I remember every single person that plays Team Play is a selfish cunt that only plays for themselves.

every now and then I think it will be fun to do online team play in FIFA 13. Then I remember every single person that plays Team Play is a selfish cunt that only plays for themselves.

I find it that if there are 4 or 5 of you, and one starts to be selfless, then the others follow suit.

Labadal

I am not sure if you guys remember but about 2 weeks ago I asked for some help on here regarding losing weight. Can Crusher got in contact and gave me some really helpful advice and i've been tracking my weight for a month now. I am not sure if any of your guys even care but here is how I am going:

Since I started I have also learned how to cook a lot of good nice food. Realizing that food is much nicer when you cook it yourself and know that it is good for you. You should know that before this the most I could make was a sandwich or beans on toast.

I feel I should bold this because it means a lot to me, I have not had a Monster energy drink in 22 days. The urges have started to go away and I have stopped feeling like I need it to feel awake. Horrible Horrible stuff. I have only had a can of soda once each week as a cheat but I am cutting that out and replacing the cheat with something I like eating. Fuck soda.

Things are going slowly but well. I have a much more positive outlook on life since I started eating healthily again and running again. This has also coincided with a promotion in work for the first time, a lot more responsibility and people finally having some faith in me to be more than just the bottom rung employee. I have also developed faith in myself and my abilities and getting over the fear of what people might think if I don't know how to do my new work right off the bat. Learning quickly.

Its also given me more confidence. Since I started this again I have been putting myself out there more in work and socially trying to advance myself and this is coming along nicely. I am trying to shed the social anxiety and become a much more confident person. You never know the women for me might be just around the corner and then I might have to abandon the creepy Olivia shrine. :)

--

I typed way more than I meant to but what the hell. We are Arnie and Friends, Right???

You fat ass.

No, I'm joking. I'm trying to lose weight too. I did very well last year. Going down from 102kg to 92kg. Then I had a problem with my shoulder. Even running hurts. Lifting weights is out of the question. I met a physiotherapist last monday and I feel like there is hope again. In 5 minutes he went "Aha, let me look here, and here, and here". Gave me a training schedule with different exercises and it actually helps. I hope to be able to start training again in about 2 months (keeping to the rehab program for now). I have played a couple of football games, but in the last game I fell on my bad shoulder so I'm avoiding football for now. I also eat less than I used to, and I eat less "bad" food. I barely eat chips or candy anymore. I don't drink as much coke or fanta as I used to. I also eat less than I used to, add to that more fibers. When I have to take care of business in the toilet, it's like freaking tiki-taka when it actually clicks.
Keep up the good work. Losing weight was probably one of the most challenging things I have wanted to do because of old habits. But it gets easier. I couldn't even run 500 meters without stopping 1 year ago. I know it's not much, but I can now run 3km at a decent pace without stopping.

Scum

--

Healthy eating, responsibilities at work, exercising and sleeping your way to the top?

fuck-yeah.svg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
By the way, with the two goals vs Honduras today Chicharito has now scored thirty goals in forty-five matches for Mexico, surpassing Hugo Sánchez, Luis García, Luis Flores, and Luis Roberto Alves "Zague" in Mexico's all-time goal-scoring table. Enrique Borja is next at thirty-one.

Messi

Healthy eating, responsibilities at work, exercising and sleeping your way to the top?

Something like that. Working on the sleeping my way to the top. I asked a girl out the other day. Sure she said no but at least I tried. I hadn't asked a girl out in a very very long time before that.

As you were all privvy to a month or two ago. I was too afraid to go into a Nandos because you know...People are inside.

I have a weight problem of some kind. I can't seem to gain any muscle or fat on my wrists.

I have the wrists of a 6 year old boy :(

I have a very powerful right wrist but my left is quite weak

arkon

By the way, with the two goals vs Honduras today Chicharito has now scored thirty goals in forty-five matches for Mexico, surpassing Hugo Sánchez, Luis García, Luis Flores, and Luis Roberto Alves "Zague" in Mexico's all-time goal-scoring table. Enrique Borja is next at thirty-one.

He is surely going to get to the top of the table, barring some major catastrophe.

Something like that. Working on the sleeping my way to the top. I asked a girl out the other day. Sure she said no but at least I tried. I hadn't asked a girl out in a very very long time before that.

As you were all privvy to a month or two ago. I was too afraid to go into a Nandos because you know...People are inside.

I have a very powerful right wrist but my left is quite weak

Alternate your strokes, dude!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What the hell at the pitch in the USA vs Costa Rica game. It looks like a fucking hockey match.
He is surely going to get to the top of the table, barring some major catastrophe.
The table is sadly more evident of Mexico's historic inability to develop good center forwards. Hugo Sánchez should have done better, but for some reason always under-delivered with the National Team.

Mexico is the national team who plays the most games throughout the year.... and they play vs garbage teams multiple times... of course he is gonna break the record... Hugo Sanchez today would shit on Chicharito easily.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
holy shit, why would they pick colorado to host the match. the amount of snow falling is insane, so many states to choose from wtf!

Meier

holy shit, why would they pick colorado to host the match. the amount of snow falling is insane, so many states to choose from wtf!
I'd imagine many of the Costa Rican players have never seen snow let alone played in it. It's rare to snow this late in Colorado but I'm sure they hoped it would when picking Denver as the location of this game.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'd imagine many of the Costa Rican players have never seen snow let alone played in it. It's rare to snow this late in Colorado but I'm sure they hoped it would when picking Denver as the location of this game.

Apparently a lot of the squad plays in Scandavia so it isn't that bad for them.

felialois20

Neo Member

most of the members of the team who play in costa rica had never seen snow...

Top Bottom