• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Brinbe

Sums up what being a United supporter is all about.

haha, of course, it's about results, isn't it? Would have loved them to thrash them 1000000000000-0 but it's not even as if we didn't control the game from neutral gear. I'll take the 3 pts from shitty matches like this anyday over thrilling defeats.

Its great. Rotation. The man who makes us a one man team is Shit. 658m of our fans are asleep. Fergie didn't even stand up. We ruined Meus bet.

15 points.

It's so damn great.

There was also a pen that should've been given to Reading as well. Makes it even better. I'm basically using all of the salt in this thread and using it as an insufflate narcotic.

9kmxv.gif

Suen

KNEW THAT FUCKING COWARD ARBELOA KICKING IT TO THE CORNER WOULD COST US!

FUCK YOU ARBELOA FUCK YOU
and some people wonder why I see him as poison in the team. He always creates unnecessary and dangerous situations and it costs us. On top of it he's not all that great so he has no way to make up for it. Sell the cunt back to Liverpool, he's more suited there with cunts like Suarez.

Also Morata look weird with his shaved head.

Gambit

yep, but I think replacing Robben with Ribery will do wonders for us. Neuer, Dante, Boateng, Schweini and Gomez already looked good / better today.

that's true. He makes the game broader and more flexible than Robben.
But I do think the team has to be careful not to lose the tension.

Zabojnik

Juventus starting XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Padoin, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Peluso, Vucinic, Giovinco

480682_636971699663396_1129715161_n.png

Not sure what Conte's reasoning is with this XI. Asamoah and Lichtsteiner must be really fucking tired. Whatever. JUVEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Del Piero is such a legend <3

I really hope Juve draws or loses the last 10 matches.

Dream on, dream on. <3

LOL Matavz

GOAT.

Lightning

Banned
Because you ended up cheering for Dortmund. We know what happens when you cheer for teams to win. :p
I was cheering for Dortmund last season too, which much more success.

Swansea 0 - 2 Arsenal. Monreal!!!!!

What the fuck?

Did you actually watch Bayern's entire season to this point? Your post is factually wrong.
I know that. You guys just knocked us out of the CL so I am just having a bit of fun. Lighten up.

Wes

venison crêpe
What channel is Football First shown on Sky? I want to see if I can find a way to watch the match...

Also I'm not sure why people are so keen on Kagawa, yes he scored a hattrick recently but too often he seems to be hiding behind the opposing teams players, making short passes to the sides/backwards or standing idly when United are attacking, not sure what he's supposed to offer them, was he this way in Dortmund? Could have sworn he was more of a playmaker there but I don't follow the German league too closely so I could very well be wrong :/

Yes, that's how he played at Dortmund. The problem is he needs his teammates to move so he can do quick 1-2s with them and to pass him the ball in those tight areas.

fuenf

that's true. He makes the game broader and more flexible than Robben.
But I do think the team has to be careful not to lose the tension.

True but I think the schedule will help us:

02.04.2013 20:45 FC Bayern München - Juventus
10.04.2013 20:45 Juventus - FC Bayern München
16.04.2013 20:30 FC Bayern München - VfL Wolfsburg (DFB Pokal)
23/24.04.2013 20:45 CL Semi
29/30.04.2013 20:45 CL Semi

The basically have an elimination game every week in April. They just need to build some momentum. Who cares about the Buli anymore? :)

Wes

venison crêpe
MotD running order

1.Villa/QPR
2.Everton/ManCity
3.Southampton/Liverpool
4.ManUtd/Reading
5.Swansea/Arsenal
6.Stoke/WestBrom

Can't believe that United game is above Swansea/Arsenal. What a joke!

Wow we could break the record for biggest winning margin. 18 points.

15 already and we'll hammer City are Old Trafford, so we just need to eek one more point out somewhere.

arkon

MotD running order

1.Villa/QPR
2.Everton/ManCity
3.Southampton/Liverpool
4.ManUtd/Reading
5.Swansea/Arsenal
6.Stoke/WestBrom

It should be relegated to the final minute of the show. There were very few highlights.

Wilbur

Banned
Boring match but still had 16 shots. Not like we weren't trying, just off our game. But in a day where City and Liverpool both got embarrassed, I'll take a scrappy win and 15 points anyday.

RVP needs a goal, he's looking desperate. Shinji looking bright when coming on but that's to be expected against the opposition so late. Annoying we always have to resort to Carrick instead of bringing on Powell. Ferdinand and Vidic were great. De Gea dependable and another clean sheet. I'm alright with that.

MotD running order

1.Villa/QPR
2.Everton/ManCity
3.Southampton/Liverpool
4.ManUtd/Reading
5.Swansea/Arsenal
6.Stoke/WestBrom

I don't think the running order is ever supposed to be best to worst.

Gambit

True but I think the schedule will help us:

02.04.2013 20:45 FC Bayern München - Juventus
10.04.2013 20:45 Juventus - FC Bayern München
16.04.2013 20:30 FC Bayern München - VfL Wolfsburg (DFB Pokal)
23/24.04.2013 20:45 CL Semi
29/30.04.2013 20:45 CL Semi

The basically have an elimination game every week in April. They just need to build some momentum. Who cares about the Buli anymore? :)

That's good. They will be forced to keep the attention high.

Oh and I still care about Buli till we destroy Dortmund's record from last season. I still remember Hummels saying "no-one will beat this record anytime soon". I demand retribution.

Wilbur

Banned
Its great. Rotation. The man who makes us a one man team is Shit. 658m of our fans are asleep. Fergie didn't even stand up. We ruined Meus bet.

15 points.

It's so damn great.

Hahahaha

Fuck amazing. Every single one of these. Amazing. Meus, amazing. One man team, amazing. Giggs Anderson Young Welbeck midfield, amazing. Want away striker and one out of form, amazing. Two old men at the back, amazing. A gypsy at left back, amazing. A clanger in goal, amazing.

15 points, amazing

MotD running order

1.Villa/QPR
2.Everton/ManCity
3.Southampton/Liverpool
4.ManUtd/Reading
5.Swansea/Arsenal
6.Stoke/WestBrom

60m fans (only counting UK audience) want to see their favourite team.

Boring match but still had 16 shots. Not like we weren't trying, just off our game. But in a day where City and Liverpool both got embarrassed, I'll take a scrappy win and 15 points anyday.

RVP needs a goal, he's looking desperate. Shinji looking bright when coming on but that's to be expected against the opposition so late. Annoying we always have to resort to Carrick instead of bringing on Powell. Ferdinand and Vidic were great. De Gea dependable and another clean sheet. I'm alright with that.
I'm not that fussed about the crap performance. It happens. We made 8 changes. Our full backs are very important to us and we used our back ups today. CM was also pedestrian and the players have had alot of games lately.

Obv you want to see us playing better but it's not like we played like that with our first team. Got the job done and now we can enjoy all the bitter City fans saying "omg we're losing a team to such a poor team".

pulga

Banned
JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Got one misty eye on the tv, and one stink eye on my laptop.

Oh god they almost scored from a corner again

Clegg

City have United, Spurs and Swansea as their next three away games.

They'll drop out of the top 3 after those fixtures.

Top Bottom