• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

City have United, Spurs and Swansea as their next three away games.

They'll drop out of the top 3 after those fixtures.

I dunno, Swansea from today they'll piss over and us is a strange one. Normally I'd be confident against City, home or away but after two lucky wins at their place and the thrashing at WHL last season....they've turned into a troublesome side for us.

Clegg

Sir Alex: "It wasn't a great performance. But where we are today wasn't down to today, it's what we've done in the last six months."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I dunno, Swansea from today they'll piss over and us is a strange one. Normally I'd be confident against City, home or away but after two lucky wins at their place and the thrashing at WHL last season....they've turned into a troublesome side for us.

They only thrashed us last season because Harry trolled Levy with his midfield selection. The last 4 excluding that one have all been very, very close. When we played at the Etihad we had a shitload of injuries and Brad in goal.

Sandro will be missed against them, though.

want the league to be wrapped by that game or the game after.

Then hopefully Fergie gives players like Powell or even Adnan a chance.
I think Powell will get alot of minutes in the league towards the end of the season if the title is done and dusted. Not sure about Adnan, he's only just stepped up to the u21 level. Might be too soon for him especially physically.

I expect Hernandez to get game time lol. Not sure if we can keep him if he plays as little as he does.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
kind of boring in the domestic league side in each country. We have a 13 points lead, ManU a 15 points one, Bayern pretty much are champions already. Serie A is the only one that's remotely close but I see Juve having no problem being champs again.

Hard to top last season's EPL championship race between City and ManU.

They only thrashed us last season because Harry trolled Levy with his midfield selection. The last 4 excluding that one have all been very, very close. When we played at the Etihad we had a shitload of injuries and Brad in goal.

Sandro will be missed against them, though.
Since you guys signed Lloris you talk about Friedel like he's a shit GK. Lloris is better no doubt but Friedel never seemed to be a problem for Spurs from what I know...

Clegg

If we win the league with a few games to spare then we should start Powell for the remaining fixtures.

Maybe stick Adnan on as a sub.

flippedb

Banned
kind of boring in the domestic league side in each country. We have a 13 points lead, ManU a 15 points one, Bayern pretty much are champions already. Serie A is the only one that's remotely close but I see Juve having no problem being champs again.

Hard to top last season's EPL championship race between City and ManU.

Juve and Napoli will lose their last 10 games and Milan will get the Scudetto. Believe.

Kyoufu

Ligue 1 is still the best league for title race.

Premier League has been a joke this season. Complete contrast to last year.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Since you guys signed Lloris you talk about Friedel like he's a shit GK. Lloris is better no doubt but Friedel never seemed to be a problem for Spurs from what I know...

Friedel never leaves his line. That's fine but it no longer suits the way we play. He's still a great shot stopper but we need a sweeper. Opta had a stat a few weeks ago that said he didn't attempt a single ground or aerial 50-50 during his league games this season. Hugo had attempted around 15 and won 100%. That was pre-Anfield.

K1LLER7

I think Powell will get alot of minutes in the league towards the end of the season if the title is done and dusted. Not sure about Adnan, he's only just stepped up to the u21 level. Might be too soon for him especially physically.

I expect Hernandez to get game time lol. Not sure if we can keep him if he plays as little as he does.
Fergie does seem to rate him so he might get him on the bench, give him 20-30 mins.

On Chicha, I want him to stay :(

he should start the FA Cup games.

Fry

ibxMV4xr6KJniC.gif

Friedel never leaves his line. That's fine but it no longer suits the way we play. He's still a great shot stopper but we need a sweeper. Opta had a stat a few weeks ago that said he didn't attempt a single ground or aerial 50-50 during his league games this season. Hugo had attempted around 15 and won 100%. That was pre-Anfield.
Fair enough!

Fergie does seem to rate him so he might get him on the bench, give him 20-30 mins.

On Chicha, I want him to stay :(

he should start the FA Cup games.
Really not sure what we can do with Hernandez. He's such an amazing goalscorer and so valuable...but we can't give him a spot in the first team with Rooney and RVP ahead of him. Welbeck is also so much more versatile and useful. It's tough. I hope he stays but if he wanted to leave I wouldn't blame him. We'd just need to make sure he goes abroad and for a substantial amount.

broony

If Liverpool fans had a chance to get rid of Rodgers without having to pay him off, would you?

Or do you think, given time, he is going to improve you enough to get to the top 4?

I can see you having to replace him in the next year if you want to get back challenging above 6th or 7th.

broony

From an outsider he seems to be getting it wrong with team selection, motivation and with tactics. What do you think he is improving?

Not trying to stir, just it's often impossible to see exactly what is going on with another club without watching them week in week out.

K1LLER7

Fair enough!

Really not sure what we can do with Hernandez. He's such an amazing goalscorer and so valuable...but we can't give him a spot in the first team with Rooney and RVP ahead of him. Welbeck is also so much more versatile and useful. It's tough. I hope he stays but if he wanted to leave I wouldn't blame him. We'd just need to make sure he goes abroad and for a substantial amount.

Maybe a Modric <> Chicha swap.
or
James <> Chicha

unlikely though.

Top Bottom