• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Suen

This team play like shit when Alonso doesn't play
What has Alonso done this season to make this team better (not saying he's made it worse as the team at a whole has been bad)? I wouldn't say this season has been amazing for him and I'm not sure his presence would change things this season. Right now we are nothing more than a pathetic team who keeps having trouble against team that are in the RELEGATION zone. La Coruna, Celta Vigo and Mallorca now, all three have been dangerous opponents. It's like we're bound to perform like shit against the lowest teams in the table. I would honestly not be surprised if we lose this game or almost lose it. But I believe we can still make it. Morata out for Özil should hopefully be a good choice.

Also Mallorca are doing exactly what we do best, making really fast counter-attacks and doing well to score many of them and we seem to have problem coping with that. They make some great headers too, they've been amazing this match so far. Guess their new coach has done some good changes. Respect for their team!

edit: YEEEEEEES FAKE-RONALDOOOOOO!! AMAZING HEADER!!

Don't understand why Peluso has eclipsed Asamoah in Conte's mind. The latter has sort of sucked in 2013, sure, but he's twice the player.

Maybe a Modric <> Chicha swap.
or
James <> Chicha

unlikely though.
Thing with Hernandez is I'm not sure he is really good enough to play for Madrid. No doubt he would score loads of goals but his general footballing level isn't up there. It feels like football has moved on the last 5/6 years and just being a goalscorer isn't enough at the best teams.

Anyhow, I hope we keep him. His goals are invaluable and would be really tough to replace. There are better quality players but few who can score so consistently whilst playing so infrequently.

Suen

Wow Higuain what has happened? Oh wait he got a perfect pass and had an open goal. Anyway if he only did this more frequently...

Clegg

We need 22/27 points to set a record points total.

Will be tough but that'd be awesomeeee.

We have Stoke and West Ham in successive away games.

They'll be hard fixtures.

I'd be delighted with 4 points from those two matches.

Edit: Our league run in isn't that easy. We've some tough away games as well as City and Chelsea at OT.

Noirulus

gif please

modric2.gif

Suen

If only it were the Kaka from 6 years ago, but I ain't even maddddd. Those were some beautiful 5 minutes.
This :( This or if Benz and Higuain were better.

Anyway I'm becoming more and more happy with the Modric purchase. Wasn't impressed last year but he had just arrived. Beena fucking beast since. Still that fucking strike...heavenly one. THANK YOU SPURS!!!

Top Bottom