• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

rodvik

Sessegnon is still at Sunderland because it's his level. He is incredibly entertaining to watch and when at his best he is a superb footballer. But he's at his best for a quarter of the season at most.

As for O'Neill, not really too upset he's gone, upset that it's a weird time to do it. Why not after Norwich which was a fucking disgraceful performance? I actually felt a bit better after today's second half, the fight and energy was back...

If it is McClaren - we're going down. I'm not saying I think he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's the type to come in and gee up a group of players who are dead on their feet. First two games - Chelsea away, Mags away. He's going to be under immense pressure from the off as, baring Wigan's form dropping, we'll be in the bottom 3 come Everton at home.

Ambivalent towards O'Neill leaving certainly. Confused as fuck as to why now, though.

That may have been working to finalise the new manager for weeks. If its a swift appointment then you will know he has been dead man walking for a while.

Daily Mail (Cass) reporting that Rio Ferdinand will sign a new contract at United. Good because he has had a good season. Think he's a good footballing influence too.

Surely means we won't be signing Garay or anybody else then. Unless we sell Vidic which I just can't see. He's the club captain, we won't get loads for him and it seems he is still pretty damn good. Hardly done anything wrong since he's come back.

Think we should give Smalling/Jones more chances at CB next year as Rio and Vidic phase out and then see what type/level of CB we need to buy after Brazil 2014.

Wilbur

Banned
Daily Mail (Cass) reporting that Rio Ferdinand will sign a new contract at United. Good because he has had a good season. Think he's a good footballing influence too.

Surely means we won't be signing Garay or anybody else then. Unless we sell Vidic which I just can't see. He's the club captain, we won't get loads for him and it seems he is still pretty damn good. Hardly done anything wrong since he's come back.

Think we should give Smalling/Jones more chances at CB next year as Rio and Vidic phase out and then see what type/level of CB we need to buy after Brazil 2014.

Yeah, ideal situation for me is Rio and Vidic stay. They both clearly haven't lost much if anything at all, and Evans/Smalling look ready to step up whenever.

use a rooney avatar you tosser

but he's going to psg

Clegg

He played out wide in a few of those games I think. But yes he has played CM and done well. Especially against Chelsea in the League Cup when he was brilliant.

Of course they will be much better judges than I am, just get the feeling he might not quite have the game for CM. Either way I'm excited by him, think he's shown really good glimpses for us. Just hope he gets a good loan next season or you can easily end up wasting a year.

We could possibly see more of Powell for United if Scholes retires. Fletch won't be the same player because of his illness and Giggs won't play every game. That just leaves us with Clev, Carrick and possibly Ando (who could also be sold in the summer). We'd probably sign a new CM if Ando was let go but there'd still be more opportunities for Powell.

And talking of wasting a year; poor Henriquez has had no luck at Wigan. I'm really disappointed by that. We're probably going to loan him out again next season too. I don't want to see him not reaching his potential because he didn't get enough games.

<3 willie

iblnnntl5tTtjP.png

Lightning

Banned
Sessegnon is still at Sunderland because it's his level. He is incredibly entertaining to watch and when at his best he is a superb footballer. But he's at his best for a quarter of the season at most.

As for O'Neill, not really too upset he's gone, upset that it's a weird time to do it. Why not after Norwich which was a fucking disgraceful performance? I actually felt a bit better after today's second half, the fight and energy was back...

If it is McClaren - we're going down. I'm not saying I think he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's the type to come in and gee up a group of players who are dead on their feet. First two games - Chelsea away, Mags away. He's going to be under immense pressure from the off as, baring Wigan's form dropping, we'll be in the bottom 3 come Everton at home.

Ambivalent towards O'Neill leaving certainly. Confused as fuck as to why now, though.
Sunderland being relegated will be very disappointing. I still feel you's can get out of it but you'll need someone to start scoring some goals and you'll need to stop conceding stupid goals too.

Luckily QPR and Reading are both all but assured of going down so that leaves just 1 spot for Wigan, Villa and Sunderland being the main candiates. Ignore the Chelsea game although with Chelsea's schedule coming up you won't face Chelsea's best team next week but you have matches against Villa and Southampton (home) and you should be able to get points from both. Stoke are in poor form as well and away from home not that great so you can get points there and put in the yards against Chelsea and Newcastle and points could be gotten there too.

I'd say around 37 is the minimum to aim for so that's 6 more points. Very achievable against teams who are around you. If you can't beat them you deserve to do down.

So yeah, I still say O'Neil has done a poor job and needed to go. I think he should have gone before the Norwich game. He has been pants for Sunderland.

Fry

You don't deserve a good avatar wilbs you fart knocker.

When was the last time a player was directly involved in 6 goals in the same match?

That's Pizarro for ya.

Top Bottom