• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Wasn't just the wingers.

In fact I don't think Valencia and Young were that bad today. Nani obv was.

Carrick was poor and absolutely knackered. Cleverley was just awful. No options on the bench. CM once again suspect.

Wasn't just the wingers.

Carrick was poor and absolutely knackered. Cleverley was just awful. No options on the bench. CM once again suspect.

Fergie loves playing them despite playing like shit. It's incredible. No matter how much they fuck up, they'll still play. They have no competition.

H13

Deserved win for Chelsea.
not like against Southampton
even though mata did not played so well,his presence make a lot of difference,IMO.

Fergie

Banned
saf_23vu8e.gif

(no idea why I made this)
I see Luis brother.

Clegg

There was no creativity in our side today. Nani and Valencia were poor, Clev had another shocker against Chelsea and RVP still can't score.

United are a good side but lack a player like Mata or Silva. We need one of those. And a decent midfield option from the bench. We can't keep springing a 40 year old Giggs from the bench and expect a miracle to happen.

Fergie loves playing them despite playing like shit. It's incredible. No matter how much they fuck up, they'll still play. They have no competition.
Who you talking about? The wingers?

All 3 played today. Valencia didn't even play at RM. Nani got his chance and was awful. Young didn't start.

Who else could have played there?

Only person in the squad who could have is Shinji.

pappe

There was no creativity in our side today. Nani and Valencia were poor, Clev had another shocker against Chelsea and RVP still can't score.

United are a good side but lack a player like Mata or Silva. We need one of those.
Wasnt Kagawa supposed to be out Silva/Mata?

He has the potential to be our creative man, hopefully he will be well adjusted by next season and stamp his authority.

Wasn't just the wingers.

The problem is even though Nani was excreble he still looked more effective than Valencia. He still made opportunities to shoot and cross when Valencia can't even manage that. Nani gets in the right positions to receive the ball. Valencia can't even manage that. Valencia gets the ball, turns back and in turn compresses our attack and slows everything down. He not only doesn't create, he effectively ruins attacking movements. Young has a very similar problem. That's why I'd take an off form Nani over the other two. At least Nani is there trying something, even if it does fuck up.

Suen

Here's my opinion on the subject (you need to read on from there):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40103508#post40103508
Religion taints sport and should have no place in it.
I read it and I'll keep this short and simple as I don't want to bring an already discussed topic here. If his religion obstructs him from performing at his usual level, which will affect the club, then he should reconsider what he's doing. If it does not affect him, regardless of his religious practices (fasting, permission from coach to take a day off or whatever), then he should absolutely be allowed to play like anyone else. Again, as long as his religious duties does not affect his performance I don't see anything to complain about and certainly not when some of them celebrate after scoring a goal. Messi doing the cross-thing after scoring a goal certainly isn't affecting his performance and neither is Ba's prayer. I'm not implying that you mean this but if anything it shows what I mean.

Deserved win for Chelsea, you played great. Makes me wonder where this level of play was in the CL group stage last year. Congrats Chelsea-GAF.

Fergie

Banned
Who you talking about? The wingers?

All 3 played today. Valencia didn't even play at RM. Nani got his chance and was awful. Young didn't start.

Who else could have played there?

Only person in the squad who could have is Shinji.
TBF Shinji should always play CAM. I do think Frogson needs to blood some youngsters in. Pogba nightmares again.

Bo-Locks

So frustrating when the team just fails to show up and puts in such a meek performance. I don't care if United lose to a better team after throwing everything they have got at a game, but going out of the cup after a game like that is horrible. That game was made for someone like Keane to take ahold of it and kick it up a notch.

People accused Rafa of getting his selection wrong on Staurday, but Fergie deserves just as much criticism after this performance. A stronger team with more fight would easily have beaten Chelsea, who weren't even that good anyway.

Salazar

Oh and fuck that Scottish twat of an ESPN commentator.

Every time a Chelsea player trips a United one:

"Oh, that's a good foul."

You're not watching SPL, you fucking imbecile.

TBF Shinji should always play CAM. I do think Frogson needs to blood some youngsters in. Pogba nightmares again.
No he shouldn't because he's played there a number of times this season and not actually been all that great.

Not saying he won't be in the future but United fans fawning over Kagawa has to stop now. I love him and I'm very confident he will come good but everytime he doesn't play people are saying "Kagawa should have played".

Not sure.

Robso

Midfield was totally embarrassed today. Desperately hope we sign a creative midfielder this summer.

Edit:

No he shouldn't because he's played there a number of times this season and not actually been all that great.

Not saying he won't be in the future but United fans fawning over Kagawa has to stop now. I love him and I'm very confident he will come good but everytime he doesn't play people are saying "Kagawa should have played".

Not sure.

Personally wanted Kagawa to go on. A creative spark.

K1LLER7

We need players like hazard on the wing. Players who can take their man on and also find a pass. The wingers we have now lack the ability to play a quick passing game. They spend an eternity on the ball and end up waiting for an overlap by the fullbacks.

Kagawa should have a similar role to Silva. Start on the wing and drift inside.

Clegg

Wasnt Kagawa supposed to be out Silva/Mata?

He has the potential to be our creative man, hopefully he will be well adjusted by next season and stamp his authority.

Kagawa could possibly be that kind of player but we'd need to change our system if want to get the best out of him. Fergie likes playing with two strikers, this means that we'd have to play one up front and Kagawa playing a little bit deeper as the second striker. But Fergie's preference seems to be playing with two out and out strikers which would mean Kagawa getting put out to the left where he isn't as comfortable.

We also have a problem with his performances. When United are on top and have plenty of possession than Shinji looks great. But when United as a whole start to struggle, Shinji disappears. Based on his performances so far, we need a strong side to get the best out of him. He doesn't seem to be the player that can grab the game by the neck.

Fergie

Banned

Not sure.
He hasn't had the best of form this season, and it's difficult to play his game in this United set-up, but I do think he's better in the center.

Not sure.

I was speaking more on the whole season rather than just this game.

Shinji gets 60 minutes a game and still has 5 goals and 4 assists. Much more productive than all of our wingers. I also hear from other United fans that he has a stamina issue when it isn't true at all. He was tested with having the best one out of everyone. The team just usually plays like shit in the 2nd half and he gets yanked out first every time. It's assumed he has stamina problems because of that.

For example, you could say the following for everyone in the 2nd half, but he gets singled out because he gets subbed out first every time.
But when United as a whole start to struggle, Shinji disappears

I wish redcafe still kept the total minutes stat.

Savage made me laugh with his lack of insight yesterday on MotD2.

He compiled a highlight reel to show why Lambert should be in the the England team, and why he shouldn't. It started off with a load of goals and assists/created chances wit his saying stuff like 'composure, quality, set pieces, headers, movement, strength, anticipation.' Then he got to the negatives, and basically just went 'err, he's not very quick' and the only evidence he could find was Lambert failing to score from a ball played down the line to him, with 2 covering defenders, a situation which was barely affected by his pace.

He should be in the squad. No doubt about it.

Rooney
Welbeck
Defoe
Lambert

Welbeck as a genuine striker as a last resort

Meier

I show my GF Pikmin 3 gameplay, and all I get is a shake of the head. WTS.

That's too bad. My fiancee and I are dying for Pikmin 3.. she loved watching me play the originals. We will buy a Wii U the day it comes out.

Pikmin, Animal Crossing and The Sims are the only games she really loves although The Sims has lost its luster for her over the years. She didn't spend too much time with The Sims 3.

Slizz

GoT shat on Walking Dead last night, wow that finale was bad for Walking Dead...

Also, you guys see the NSFW picture of the college basketball player who compound fractured his leg?

One of the worst things I've seen live in sports.... Surreal reactions from teammates, the opponents, fans, coaches and cheerleaders...

Kyoufu

Whoa, when the heck did the Chelsea-Man U game even happen?! Love, love, love United losing.. fans were crowing about doing the treble a few weeks ago. :lol

It just goes to show that the Premier League is a joke when these buffoons are dominating it.

My goodness, some fan I am. Forgot the match completely, only found out about it a few minutes ago.
Me too, only caught the second half. My old phone would update the calendar when fixtures were scheduled/rescheduled. I absolutely relied on. Since changing phone, I've started to loose track of games. This is the first game where I've missed a bit though. Hopefully not happen again.

Anyway, going to DL the first half, although my brother informs me I didn't miss much.

Edit: United fans, you had a chance to get Hazard, and from what I understand, Ferguson wasn't willing to pay up. He said after the fact that he wasn't worth the money he went for. Given the situation a lot you seem to feel you're in. Do you guys think he would have been worth it?

Fady K

Here's my opinion on the subject (you need to read on from there):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40103508#post40103508
Religion taints sport and should have no place in it.

I just came in to say that - that is a load of bollocks. A guy has every damn right to feel humbled and thank God for any form of success that comes his/her way. For some of us religion is a lifestyle and it can fit in every aspect of our lives as long as we don't offend others.

Just because there is a bad side to religion (like there is a bad side to everything) doesn't mean it defines any religion as a whole. Get your facts straight before you call religion a taint on sport. Especially when it is a humbling gesture of a man thanking God, in his own way without bothering ANYONE.

In my opinion a guy being thankful to God (for those who believe in God) is a wonderful gesture that does the exact opposite of tainting a sport - it is a sign of respect.

Top Bottom