• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Heynckes had sex with Juve: "Ich bin mit der alten Dame ins Bett gegangen und mit der alten Dame aufgestanden": I went to bed with the old dame and woke up with the old dame.
(I guess that's supposed to mean that he prepared for the match, lol)

Full interview

Juventus may not have a ‘top player’ in their forward ranks, but Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes thinks they are a stellar attacking force.

The Bianconeri are often criticised for lacking that difference maker up front, but the German has the greatest respect for the Italian champions ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final tie.

“Juventus are a side who are only part Italian,” the tactician stated on Monday. “They don’t play catenaccio and they have a very particular offensive organisation.

“I have rarely seen an Italian side who are so organised, so unpredictable, when they move forward,” he underlined.

Heynckes added that he fears what the Old Lady are capable of thanks to their three central midfielders.

“They have midfielders who do break into attack a lot of the time. As a result we will have to organise ourselves as best we can because Juventus attack very well.

“Andrea Pirlo is a genius, while Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio are great champions. We have players of that level too though.”

Juventus have been out of the Champions League since 2009, when they were last beaten in the competition by Bayern Munich.

“Juventus are a special opponent, a well structured side,” the tactician continued. “All teams have their weaknesses, us included. But I don’t think I should tell you what they are.

“I’ve gone to watch Juventus recently because I want to be perfectly prepared. This past week I’ve gone to sleep thinking of the Old Lady and woken up thinking about her.

“Juve are one of the greats in Europe, it’ll be a well balanced game.

“We are expecting a game played at great rhythm, velocity and aggressiveness – all the ingredients for a great match.”

arkon

That's too bad. My fiancee and I are dying for Pikmin 3.. she loved watching me play the originals. We will buy a Wii U the day it comes out.

Pikmin, Animal Crossing and The Sims are the only games she really loves although The Sims has lost its luster for her over the years. She didn't spend too much time with The Sims 3.

Good people. Hold onto her, you found yourself quite the catch.

So our game with Chelsea is now postponed. Basically if one of us get to Europa Semis, the game will be played 7/8 May. If not it should be a couple weeks before 23/24 April.

IF Chelsea get to Fa cup final they will play us a few days before and their game against Villa wold be postponed but to when? They cold be in the Europa League final on the 15th and the league ends on the 19th.....I bet the fixture organisers are getting real headaches right now and hope Chelsea get knocked out.

We now have a 10 day rest between Basel 2nd leg and City home in the league. LETS GO WIN THE EUROPA

kharma45

what are you looking for? I usually use kakaku.com, sometimes it's not the cheapest though. yodobashi.com has a decent selection (and it has English). The best is to go to akihabara though, you can just stand in line with huge crowds to get dirt cheap prices on OEM products.

A power supply for someone in the I Need a new PC thread, I just used Amazon as I didn't know where to start. Came across a Seasonic S12 for 7000 yen which seemed a decent price.

Clegg

Bebe has been nothing but shite whenever he's put on a United jersey. We'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel if we we ever had to rely on him to perform in the league.

If we sell one of our current wingers then I'd rather we look to sign a young, versatile attacking midfielder rather than an out and out wide player.

Bale would be the answer but that's obviously a non-runner. Would be too expensive and Spurs would never sell to a team in the same league.

arkon

Why does Nani escape criticism like this. He's been utter turd this year as well.

He's getting criticised plenty. He had an awful game today too.

I guess there's the idea that he's more capable of producing a bit of magic to help change a game be it in the form of assists or goals.

Fady K

oh he mad

I agree with you though

Messi, long time...I miss you so very much.

I just think respect and humbleness is a wonderful human trait and it would be nice if more people had respect for other people's beliefs.

I don't give a crap about religion but when it comes between you and doing your job e.g. refusing to play a football match on Sundays, you shouldn't expect everybody to be OK with that.

This recent thing of trying to ban any form of religious habits on the football pitch is disgusting though.

I have no qualms with your point Bacon; as far as I know as a Muslim, moderation and balance are key. I would do my best to catch all my prayers however there are times where I am on the job and it is too hectic to step aside for 5-10 minutes or say, while I'm at the movies, I'd pray after the film is done for instance.

I can understand banning a religious habit that is deemed offensive or insulting in a fair manner. Otherwise, as a person who is fond of religion (and not extremist views and acts that people base religion on) I find it beautiful to express such gratitude.

Out wide. He plays more like Lennon, but his face is just like the monkey god's.

Does he have pace? We could do with someone with some pace on the bench! Imagine how fucking confused the opposition would be, bringing on Bale at half time as well as keeping Bale on....

Fry

If this is really our upcoming away shirt, I'm going to punch someone

FC+Bayern+Munchen+13-14+Third+-+5.jpg

FC+Bayern+Munchen+13-14+Third+-+1.jpg
FC+Bayern+Munchen+13-14+Third+-+7.jpg

this is beautiful.

rvy

Banned
Are you reading Tuttosport again? Everyday is April Fools day in Tuttosport land.

Nah, Portuguese press. They like to pull off ridiculous shit on April's Fools.

On a more serious note, Fuck Off Jesus is probably going to Porto next season.
Not joking.

I can understand banning a religious habit that is deemed offensive or insulting in a fair manner. Otherwise, as a person who is fond of religion (and not extremist views and acts that people base religion on) I find it beautiful to express such gratitude.
There is nothing wrong with it at all.

People just can't handle it. Can see why it might be annoying but to actually ban it is nonsense.

Some people want religion whitewashed from any public setting which is just ridiculous.

I have no qualms with your point Bacon; as far as I know as a Muslim, moderation and balance are key. I would do my best to catch all my prayers however there are times where I am on the job and it is too hectic to step aside for 5-10 minutes or say, while I'm at the movies, I'd pray after the film is done for instance.

There is a fine line and as long as you're not in somebody's face with your own religious expressions then everything is fine and dandy. If you can get strength and wisdom out of religious books and customs, then that is something incredibly beautiful. It's simply too bad that two different cultures or religions clash that often.

There was this funny thing last December in the Netherlands called "religionstress". People who'd get annoyed or stressed by witnessing any form of religious expression.

If only it was possible.

Esimated around 12 billion dollars.

How he eats out lol

poYVWA9.jpg

There's a restaurant in Southampton where you can spend £5,000 on one course?

edit: Just realised its dollars and on Main Street, using my Sherlock Holmes-type powers of deduction, I'm guessing there's a Southampton in America

Jensen

Well put Fady, of all the things to be angry at in a football match a harmless goal celebration is definitely at the bottom of the list.

Meier

Finally all caught up. The goal by Ba was incredible.. whoa. Cisse-esque.

The Mancini comments about Nasri were perfect.. I can't really blame the guy either. If Nasri bothered to show up in more than 2 games this year, City would certainly be much closer to United at the very least. If he hadn't pulled his bitch move and ducked out of the way of RVP's shot, that's 2 points closer right off the bat.

In reality, Mancini may lose his job (and be rewarded handsomely...) because of Nasri's season so although his punch comment was said with a smile, I'm sure there was a lot of truth to it. It's a shame because like he said, the guy has world class talent.. he just couldn't give a shit the entire year. The fact that Balotelli was in the same boat this year may say a lot about the manager as well though.

Arnie

Seeing Rafa dong Fergie is a great way to start the day. Seeing RVP shudder in front of goal is also nice.

On the final straight with Bioshock. GoT and a curry tonight. Back to Sheffield tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom