• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Turok_TTZ

juventus crumbling to a real quality team in bayern? no big surprise. Surprised Juve even made it this far. Should have gone out like mancity did. My only disappointment is psg, dat sirigu lol. matuidi did well to score. this shud have been psg's win.

Valdes' dying swan was almost as beautiful as this:
E3QPEVQ.jpg

It really is amazing how vulnerable Barca looks when they decide to just hoof the ball around their box, Zlatan will win the header nearly everytime and another player can pick it up.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Mierda coño tu madre fucking hell, always conceding in stoppage time.

I thought Ibra was offside on that one too.

Suen

wow seems it got crazy in the PSG - Barca game at the end. Should have switched to that.

Two goals for PSG is good and while it certainly will help them I don't think they'll make it through. Barca are more than likely going to slaughter them at Nou Camp and those two away-goals helps them LOTS.

This has been incredibly disappointing from Juve. They could barely get off their own half, they may even have been worse than Arsenal.
Gameplan was fucked up a minute in because of a sloppy pass and a weird deflection, but Conte probably got it all wrong and some of our most consistent players (Pirlo, Buffon, and to a lesser extent Vidal and Marchisio) put in their worst performances of the season.

fuenf

Amazing performance by Bayern, infact I think it was their most complete performance from them this season.

Neuer, Schweini, Ribery, Mandzu, Robben, Lahm were amazing and the rest were at least great.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats to Bayern they were superior tonight.

Disappointed in Conte he got the team selection horribly wrong and to make matters worse he made the changes in the 70th+ minute.

Meier

Valdes

qwop-cosplay-asian-run-fall-1341856132S.gif

Nothing he could do about it
Rofl, perfect gif for the situation. That was a nasty deflection, he was totally off guard. Unlucky but seeing it live from the pulled out view was hilarious. That was literally the only minute of either game I saw live. Picked a good time.

arkon

Very accomplished performance from Bayern. Only blight is the lack of goals. Should be further ahead and probably even out of sight. Clean sheet is a big bonus.

Juve need a miracle and much improved performance to get through now. Oh and better team selections from Conte

Colocho

Banned
I know Valdes makes more mistakes than your regular goalkeeper, but to be fair that wasn't really his fault. He dove the way the ball was headed, but when it hits a defender and it goes the other way, there's really nothing you can do at that point.

TeegsD

I know Valdes makes more mistakes than your regular goalkeeper, but to be fair that wasn't really his fault. He dove the way the ball was headed, but when it hits a defender and it goes the other way, there's really nothing you can do at that point.

A good goalkeeper can bend the laws of physics at will

Two enjoyable games in their own right but I fear that neither second-leg is set-up to be particularly interesting. Unless PSG can play an absolute blinder.

fuenf

Very accomplished performance from Bayern. Only blight is the lack of goals. Should be further ahead and probably even out of sight. Clean sheet is a big bonus.

Juve need a miracle and much improved performance to get through now. Oh and better team selections from Conte

True but I don't think the lack of goals will matter, one away goal and they are through. I doubt Juventus has the quality to shoulder a balanced attack / defense.

Gambit

Amazing performance by Bayern, infact I think it was their most complete performance from them this season.

Neuer, Schweini, Ribery, Mandzu, Robben, Lahm were amazing and the rest were at least great.

I agree completely. Their strongest game in my opinion, but I wish Müller had scored that third goal.

FootballFan

Nah I think everyone agrees with that, they are laughing at his movement/body i think. That was pretty funny, because he couldn't do much for the goal.

Messi better be back lol. We are like Juve when he isn't on. Just mids, except we have shitter defenders and shitter goalkeeper.

Kenka

While they were above Juve, they showed some terrible things in the defence and evident signs of nervosity. They were afraid of Juve.
But Juve was really bad. It's the worst Juve I've ever seen. Incidentally, it was the worst Pirlo also.

Timurid

Well, we are fucked for the camp nou game because Matuidi is suspended and we have no enforcer in the midfield unless Ancelotti puts a defender in the midfield.

I think PSG will get a draw at the nou camp 1-1 and lose on aggregate.

I told you dumb fucks that juve will get exposed when they face a competent team.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
that's a bummer. i guess it's up to the spanish teams to stop those german wankers. of course those madrid-dortmund matches don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Exposed? Bayern was in the CL final last year and they knocked out Madrid in convincing fashion. We are not talking about fucking Torino FC here.

Top Bottom