• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Gambit

While they were above Juve, they showed some terrible things in the defence and evident signs of nervosity. They were afraid of Juve.
But Juve was really bad. It's the worst Juve I've ever seen. Incidentally, it was the worst Pirlo also.

Bayern is a very strange team (and has been since they lost againt Inter in 2010). On the way to the final they had the right mentality, but ever since they lost the final (deservedly) they are fighting their nerves. Even when they are the superior team they seem nervous.

Hope Guardialo (or trophies in 2013...) will change that.

Suen

Well I guess this shows that Arsenal > Juve ;)

Juve is up for a real hard challenge next week, can possibly turn it around but not if they play like today.

Pulga, give up on Juve this CL season. Madrid will be your saviour.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
torrrrrresssd6ykf.gif

iOunFnOY3yudw.gif

EVEN TORRES COULD DO IT.

Freak accident.

arkon

True but I don't think the lack of goals will matter, one away goal and they are through. I doubt Juventus has the quality to shoulder a balanced attack / defense.

Yeah. That's why I said the clean sheet was a bonus.

As for the lack of goals. Well, we shall see. I don't think Bayern will let this slip now, but stranger things have happened.

Exposed? Bayern was in the CL final last year and they knocked out Madrid in convincing fashion. We are not talking about fucking Torino FC here.
Two years ago they said we'd be lucky to improve to 3rd under Conte; we came 1st, unbeaten. A year ago they said we'd be lucky to get past the group stages, and we made it (at least) to the quarters.

People overestimating Juve's capabilities is a sign of that progress. :)

fuenf

While they were above Juve, they showed some terrible things in the defence and evident signs of nervosity. They were afraid of Juve.
But Juve was really bad. It's the worst Juve I've ever seen. Incidentally, it was the worst Pirlo also.

I'm not sure if a 3-5-2 can work against a team like Bayern. Bayern plays the perfect anti-system: wingheavy with an extremely well rounded central midfield. Juve basically can't shift any players without exposing another weakness.

Rad-

After all the hype I heard, I thought Juve's midfield was much better. That was United-midfield-without-Carrick level shit right there. Well actually worse because Pirlo had such a shocker.

After all the hype I heard, I thought Juve's midfield was much better. That was United-midfield-without-Carrick level shit right there. Well actually worse because Pirlo had such a shocker.

Pirlo is so fucking costly to them when he isn't playing well, so many times you see players just sprint past him with ease and it leaves the midfield completely open.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Dat Juve salt.

Not a bad result considering Messi played half of the game. We can rest him this weekend too since we have a good lead in La Liga

Meier

why are haters so happy? 2-2 is a really good score for us.

Everyone still expects Barca to go through, but the late goal was still very beneficial to PSG and their aggregate scoring chances, especially if Messi is out for more than a week.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah. That's why I said the clean sheet was a bonus.

As for the lack of goals. Well, we shall see. I don't think Bayern will let this slip now, but stranger things have happened.
Well yeah. They lost their aggregate lead to Inter, in Germany, to a Pandev goal.

But our strikers are worse than Pandev.

I'm not sure if a 3-5-2 can work against a team like Bayern. Bayern plays the perfect anti-system: wingheavy with an extremely well rounded central midfield. Juve basically can't shift any players without exposing another weakness.
Coincidentally, Juve almost never have to face a 4-2-3-1 domestically.

Suen

Winning by penalties ≠ convincing fashion
Especially not when we handed over the victory to them. Fuck you Ronaldo, Kaka and Ramos, might as well have skipped that penalty shootout. We were so shit that it made Bayern look great in those penalties.

arkon

There was more good than bad for Bayern. Apart from the first 15 minutes they looked in total control. The gameplan worked. Pirlo made loads of mistakes but also was generally crowded out of the game and couldn't get a foothold on it. The scoreline probably should have been more comprehensive but on the whole I think accomplished is a good way to describe it.

FootballFan

Messi is gonna beat the shit out of Valdes.

I laugh at Valdes as much as the next guy but I think that was more Bartra's fault.

He should either let the ball go so Valdes can save it or if he is going to make contact, make sure it's clear and a nice hit, not deflect it towards the goal.

Blablurn

What strikes me the most is the fact that it looks like this team is on a mission. On a mission to get this fucking cup. And additions like Dante and Mandzukic really help to make this dream more realistic! Just three more games for the final! LETS DO THIS!

Kenka

What's Remuntada in Italian?

My guess is Remontada.

What strikes me the most is the fact that it looks like this team is on a mission. On a mission to get this fucking cup. And additions like Dante and Mandzukic really help to make this dream more realistic! Just three more games for the final! LETS DO THIS!
Finally here :) it is true but Bayern are really shaky mentally. If they fall through this time, this generation of players will never regain confidence in itself. They will all be Ballack's offspring.

BigBoss

I laugh at Valdes as much as the next guy but I think that was more Bartra's fault.

He should either let the ball go so Valdes can save it or if he is going to make contact, make sure it's clear and a nice hit, not deflect it towards the goal.

And now Barca will have to play Bartra in the second leg due to Mascherano's yellow/injury.

BTW, fuck the ref and fuck the linesmen for not calling the most blatant offsides in the history of football.

Timurid

There is a God!

Masch is out for the 2nd leg right?

Thiago silva would've been a perfect fit for barca. :lol

Blablurn

My guess is Remontada.

Finally here :) it is true but Bayern are really shaky mentally. If they fall through this time, this generation of players will never regain confidence in itself. They will all be Ballack's offspring.

agreed. its now or never!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
My guess is Remontada.

That's Spanish but it may be the same. Remuntada is Catalán

LOLDEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

VALDES HAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

VALDES LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

hahah valdes

Valdes!!!!!!!! Love that man.

LOOOOOOOOOOL BALDES

VALDES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

wat Valdés

LOLDEZ

LOLDEZ TO THE RESCUE

Oh, Valdes..

OK, VV is back

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

VALDES.

Barca will be sniffing around De Gea in the summer :(.

OH MY GOD VALDES

ahahaha Valdes you piece of shit. Glad to get rid of you this summer

MATUIDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol amazing

Valdes was actually worse on the first goal. By the time he decided to attempt to stop the first effort it was too late, and made it easy for Ibra on the rebound.

I don't even know what the man is supposed to be good at. He's not athletic, doesn't have good positioning or reflexes. I guess it must be running halfway across the pitch to argue with refs.

Top Bottom