• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Kyoufu

Fuck this game. Fuck football.

Why are incompetent people placed as referees. WHY DONT THEY USE TECHNOLOGY JESUS CHRIST.

Meier

Spurs loss was good for City too. Much rather keep that at arm's length.. not finishing 2nd would be a catastrophe.

Carbonox

Remember that achilles cutting scene in Hostel? That's what Carver should do to McManaman

Carver needs to live up to his name eh? ;)

Seriously though, I can't remember the last time I've seen such a horrendous tackle not being dealt with. It's the most blatant case of referee incompetence I've seen in a very long time because of how immensely dangerous the tackle was.

Spurs lost was good for City too. Much rather keep that at arm's length.. not finishing 2nd would be a catastrophe.

Being 15 points behind is already a catastrophe imo, especially with your dreadful attempts at the Champions League and Carling Cup.

@arkon, the Mancs have Rooney to pick up the slack :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Deserved for Fulham. Really bad result for us and we've got only ourselves to blame. If we'd done our jobs properly against Inter the tired legs wouldn't be so damaging, this is the price we pay for that clusterfuck.

Half the team wasnt fit and to lose Dawson was really damaging. We need to this international break to recover our players.

Oxx

Assistant coaches kinda have license to fuck shit up. Who cares if a coach gets sent to the stand? No reason not to bust some asses.

Keio

For a Finer World
FUCK this was the second appearance for Haidara in the Prem, first being the Stoke game for just 15 mins. And then some young cock fucks his leg in an incompetent challenge and gets away scott-free with it? Carver had full license to deck him.

Arnie

We might be shit but at least we started the Spurs downfall.

The London Underground reminds me of when you first arrive in Black Mesa during Half Life. Quite like it.

faridmon

A Spurs loss is welcomed by us since the gap of that fourth spot is closer.
Clutching to that dream while there is some mathematical possibilities...

Being 15 points behind is already a catastrophe imo, especially with your dreadful attempts at the Champions League and Carling Cup.

@arkon, the Mancs have Rooney to pick up the slack :(
Fatman has scored 13 in his 15 games I think! WAZZA :D

Deserved for Fulham. Really bad result for us and we've got only ourselves to blame. If we'd done our jobs properly against Inter the tired legs wouldn't be so damaging, this is the price we pay for that clusterfuck.

Half the team wasnt fit and to lose Dawson was really damaging. We need to this international break to recover our players.
I think it was just the fatigue mate. Players looked drained, physical and mental toll must be high because there have been a lot of big/dramatic games lately.

The main thing for Spurs is just to forget it. Intl break is a welcome break I would have thought. Freshen up and go again. The team is better than Arsenal IMO but the pressure is on now so it's time to prove it.

2 Dreadful attempts.....

Better than 4 dreadful attempts I guess.

You've spent over £200m to do it...

And 3 dreadful attempts. Bottom of the CL group, knocked out by Villa at home, 15 points behind Man Utd even though you were clear favourites

And we gave the Europa League a decent enough shot in hindsight, Zenit aren't exactly Reading are they?

Keio

For a Finer World
The only good thing about the ref's complete ineptitude in the McManaman tackle is that as he completely ignored it the FA can take action.

Won't help Haidara's knee/thigh though. FUCK I'M ANGRY.

Let's hope Newcastle answers by banging in some goals and that tempers don't flare too much.

arkon

The only good thing about the ref's complete ineptitude in the McManaman tackle is that as he completely ignored it the FA can take action.

Won't help Haidara's knee/thigh though. FUCK I'M ANGRY.

Let's hope Newcastle answers by banging in some goals and that tempers don't flare too much.

If there's any justice they will bang in a few goals. A Cisse hat-trick even.

Scum

Fatman has scored 13 in his 15 games I think! WAZZA :D

I think it was just the fatigue mate. Players looked drained, physical and mental toll must be high because there have been a lot of big/dramatic games lately.

The main thing for Spurs is just to forget it. Intl break is a welcome break I would have thought. Freshen up and go again. The team is better than Arsenal IMO but the pressure is on now so it's time to prove it.

You hear that, lads. Listen to the man. Put the international break to good use.

The thing is our next game is Swansea away, not a game you want to get players back into unless they throw the game like they did against Arsenal. We need Lennon back sorely.

jtb

Banned
Spurs lost? something about games in hand and automatic three points... :p

Now just need Chelsea to fuck up and it'll have been a great weekend.

Top Bottom