• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Keio

For a Finer World
Did the ref play the advantage and hold the card for Perch? Or is he now just trying to atone in any way for his utter ineptitude in the first half incident??

arkon

The thing is our next game is Swansea away, not a game you want to get players back into unless they throw the game like they did against Arsenal. We need Lennon back sorely.

I wonder if it's just a case of the Swansea players already being on holiday now that they've got the COCup in the bag.

arkon

Spurs lost? something about games in hand and automatic three points... :p

Now just need Chelsea to fuck up and it'll have been a great weekend

This doesn't seem likely. 2-0 up at home to West Ham. Even Rafa can't fuck this up for them. Surely.

I wonder if it's just a case of the Swansea players already being on holiday now that they've got the COCup in the bag.

I know that feel :(

Unfortunately we had an FA Cup final that we could have used some momentum for, and summarily failed to turn up until we were already 2-0 down

Lightning

Banned
Spurs lost? something about games in hand and automatic three points... :p

Now just need Chelsea to fuck up and it'll have been a great weekend.
Chelsea ain't fucking up this weekend but we don't need them too. They'll fuck up in time but still think catching Spurs is not possible? 4 points with a game in hand and this side look incredibly pathetic whenever Bale is not at his best. They can be gotten.

Chelsea's time will come when they travel to Southampton, FA cup replay against United, match in Europa and then premier league game again. The sheer number of fixtures surely will catch up with Chelsea.

Keio

For a Finer World
Cisse misfiring. And not looking too good in any way, is he slightly injured? He's now had three great chances.

scently

Fatman has scored 13 in his 15 games I think! WAZZA :D

I think it was just the fatigue mate. Players looked drained, physical and mental toll must be high because there have been a lot of big/dramatic games lately.

Its amazing how widespread our goal scorers are in the league. RVP has 19, Rooney has 12, Chicha has 8 (which is really good considering the limited opportunity he's had), Shinji has 5, Evra has 4, while Raphael and Evans has 3 each etc. While on assists; Rooney has 9, RVP has 7, Evra has 5, Carrick, Valencia and Welbeck has 4 etc. Its been a fantastic season so far in terms of goals and goals creation for us.

K1LLER7

Robben is such a fucking loser.

Hazard would have been ours :(

Ozil, Silva, hazard, Lucas.

Missed out on some top players.

Still 15 Points ahead!!! :p

Sign 2 midfielders in the summer. A winger if Nani leaves. I'm Looking forward to seeing Zaha next season too. Could be a top player if he carries his form in the PL.

Meier

You've spent over £200m to do it...

And 3 dreadful attempts. Bottom of the CL group, knocked out by Villa at home, 15 points behind Man Utd even though you were clear favourites

And we gave the Europa League a decent enough shot in hindsight, Zenit aren't exactly Reading are they?

A Liverpool fan talking about spending a lot on transfers is rich. I'd wager in the same period you guys have spent well over £100m (Carroll, Henderson, Allen, Sturridge and Borini is near that alone, yeah?) and already started with more available. The League Cup is less important than a league game to City, don't be ridiculous.

arkon

Pardew's beard looks stupid as fuck

Honest question here:

Who's the better manager, Rafa or Pardew?

Rafa. He's achieved far more in his managerial career, even if his last few jobs haven't gone well for him. Pardew's had his share of fuck-ups but no major trophies to balance that out.

Hixx

A Liverpool fan talking about spending a lot on transfers is rich. I'd wager in the same period you guys have spent well over £100m (Carroll, Henderson, Allen, Sturridge and Borini is near that alone, yeah?) and already started with more available. The League Cup is less important than a league game to City, don't be ridiculous.

MODERN FOOTBALL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Fuck football

Ozil, Silva, hazard, Lucas.

Missed out on some top players.

Still 15 Points ahead!!! :p

Sign 2 midfielders in the summer. A winger if Nani leaves. I'm Looking forward to seeing Zaha next season too. Could be a top player if he carries his form in the PL.

You don't need a winger if Nani leaves.

Bebe is back and will dominate the PL in the way Messi does in La Liga

Carroll's meant to be such an asset in the air, but it's all fruitless if he has to constantly mind himself because the lightweight centre backs of this league are prone to crumble beneath the barest of touches.

HixxSAFC said:
MODERN FOOTBALL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Fuck football

My sentiments exactly.

Plasma

Banned
Thanks Fulham, I was a bit annoyed when we didn't beat you at home early on in the season but this will make up for it.

Woof.

dc, teach your fellow City comrades what it means to be a bitter blue :p

I won't pretend that this season hasn't been dismal for us. We've been inconsistent verging on shite for nearly 4 years now, I don't think anybody can deny that.

And you should care about the league cup. As rich as your owners are, and as sure as your future is because of it, you've still only won 2 competitions in the last 37 years

Keio

For a Finer World
HOLY SHIT Obertan is BAD. I've forgotten how shite he is. Incredible, Marveaux nearly put him through there and he can't even keep the ball in.

Wigan-Newcastle is the worst game so far this year that I've watched. Who killed football?

Carbonox

Nearly godly from Marveaux until his wank final ball.

Passing and final balls in this game have been lol-worthy.

HOLY SHIT Obertan is BAD. I've forgotten how shite he is. Incredible, Marveaux nearly put him through there and he can't even keep the ball in.

Wigan-Newcastle is the worst game so far this year that I've watched. Who killed football?

You mean Gouffran. And it's not his fault he couldn't keep the ball in. He busted his guy trying to catch it but it was a fucking shite ball from Marveaux.

Lightning

Banned
Thanks Fulham, I was a bit annoyed when we didn't beat you at home early on in the season but this will make up for it.
We just need to beat them away and we should have beaten them at home. 2 goal lead which we blew and then Arteta missed a last minute penalty.

Hixx

The 'hotbed of football' burned it

Keio

For a Finer World
You mean Gouffran. And it's not his fault he couldn't keep the ball in. He busted his guy trying to catch it but it was a fucking shite ball from Marveaux.

Yeah, Gouffran. Used to writing that about Obertan ;) I think he timed his run badly, was waiting for too long to get going.

Shola, time for some magical bambi skills please.

Meier

And you should care about the league cup. As rich as your owners are, and as sure as your future is because of it, you've still only won 2 competitions in the last 37 years

The prize money for winning it is currently just about less than the amount a top team gets from TV rights per game (and will be far less next season). I mean I can certainly see why it would mean a lot to some squads but it's the equivalent to winning a bottom tier bowl game in American college football. No one but the winner cares. To illustrate that a bit more, you're still calling it the Carling Cup and it's got a new sponsor this year.

Well you're going to have 5 academy players in the starting line up one day, aren't you?!

Surely. And at that point in the future, there will be 5 current academy players (more than likely even more) playing in the League Cup too.

Carbonox

Yeah, Gouffran. Used to writing that about Obertan ;) I think he timed his run badly, was waiting for too long to get going.

Shola, time for some magical bambi skills please.

It's impossible for him to play worse than Cisse has this match. Ameobi to equalise and then Cisse to toe poke it in in the 93rd minute again.

Gross transfer spend in the last 5 years

1 - Man City - £537m
2 - Chelsea - £326m
3 - Liverpool - £260m
4 - Tottenham - £206m
5 - Man Utd - £184m

#basedglazers

Top Bottom