• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Linius

Room On Fire was alright but outside of the dynamite Reptilia there's nothing there even close to the quality of anything on Is This It. Juicebox and Heart In A Cage were the only good songs on the fucking shit third album, and Machu Picchu is pretty good on an otherwise forgettable fourth.

Bored of the Strokes. YAWN

BRING ME NEW VAMPIRE WEEKEND AND ARCADE FIRE PLZ

I love you man!

I wonder if they miss me now (Shots - Shots on goal - Possession - Fouls):
ibkQe3onyEFqEy.png

Baines is amazing, I was sad when I saw that Fergie sold Rafael to Barça, but apparently was all part of his plan.

Meier

Ahh cool. On a similar vein the Umbro head office is around 2 miles away from my house!

With Nike offloading them, I wonder how much longer they'll be around for. I guess some form of them will exist for a long time due to the name brand. Are Bukta still in Manchester? I got an oasis track jacket that was made by them.

dc89

With Nike offloading them, I wonder how much longer they'll be around for. I guess some form of them will exist for a long time due to the name brand. Are Bukta still in Manchester? I got an oasis track jacket that was made by them.

I hope Umbro stick around. They're very much a heritage brand with a distinct style.

Bukta, hmmm. I'm not sure.

Arnie

Sorry DC, was on me phone.

Really can't handle living on a floor for this entire stay. Might ask my mum to visit London for the weekend and pay for a hotel.

Slizz

Sorry DC, was on me phone.

Really can't handle living on a floor for this entire stay. Might ask my mum to visit London for the weekend and pay for a hotel.

No air mattress, cot or fold out sofa?

Air mattresses are pretty inexpensive and a pretty good thing to have in general.

Clegg

Scott Lynch has finished writing Republic of Thieves.

I can't actually believe it. I thought he was turning into GRRM.

Meier

Well look at that, someone posted a gif I made to Reddit. I'm gonna sue his ass!

http://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/1ajh16/nailed_it/

The first time you posted that, I watched it like 20 times and thought that was piss at his feet and was so confused as to whether he'd pissed himself. I've only just now noticed he knocked the beer out of his hand. :lol

Watching some Sopranos, only on s1, but its a lot of fun. Tony's mum makes me laugh.

One of the all time great shows. The Wire kind of took the mantle for best ever on HBO from it, but it really is right there with it. I think many viewers who say that Mad Men and Breaking Bad are the best show ever haven't seen The Sopranos.

Suen

London's a really nice city. Can't be fucked living off a floor for two weeks though. Give it three days before I bottle it and just book a cheap as fuck hotel.
Didn't find any cheap hotel in London when I visited it last year, although I mainly looked around in Kings Cross so I wasn't expecting to find something cheap there anyway. Did find a place there eventually, was anything but cheap but since it was for one night it was ok. Also I swear I could have been raped that night if I took another hotel I was shown, obviously I wasn't that stupid (but stupid enough to check it).

London-GAF, out of curiosity what's the average price for one night in a decent hotel?

Meier

Can't believe the Jake Bugg album still isn't out in the US. Lightning Bolt is on the new Gatorade ads but it isn't even on the EP he's put out here so I can't listen to it legally. Dumb. Was absolutely blown away by him when he opened for Noel last year. He did some SXSW shows last week but it's hard to really go to any if you have a job. :(

Top Bottom