• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

kharma45

Isco would be a replacement for Nasri most likely. Txiki identified him and Benat (Betis) as his two primary targets when taking his DOF position.

A lot of other names have been mentioned in passing but Isco and Jovetic have dated back to last summer (or before). Pedro Obiang (Sampdoria), Mauro Icardi (Sampdoria), Marquinhos (Roma, CB) have been mentioned quite a bit this season. Some others from Roma (Lamela, Pjanic) have been linked -- don't think DDR is ever going to happen.

Forgot Samir was on the way out potentially.

DDR won't happen I don't think, he's a one club player.

seen on fb lol its pretty funny and topical innit

602009_10151490229794470_154572327_n.jpg

'A chicken trying to balance on a football'

Sounds more like dribbling in FIFA

dc89

Just ate;

Home made peri peri chicken with potato wedges and rocket salad tossed in lemon juice.

The last bit sounds odd...but damn it's refreshing.

Slizz

USA WCQ is going to yield plenty of entertainment for all during this break. I encourage all to watch and laugh at the NT

Meier

USA WCQ is going to yield plenty of entertainment for all during this break. I encourage all to watch and laugh at the NT

Lots of players in the team who have very, very little experience. The defenders have something like 6 WCQ appearances between them.

L1NETT

New 30 Seconds to Mars isn't that good :/

Oh and international break would be better if the matches weren't on the whole defendathons.

FootballFan

12 Angry Men is fucking great. One of my favourite films.

Yep, one of my favourites. You can just put it on, skip to any minute and I'll end up watching it til the end.

Isco would be a replacement for Nasri most likely. Txiki identified him and Benat (Betis) as his two primary targets when taking his DOF position.

Both signings seem possible tbh, Isco less so. Loves the team, is doing well and is only 20 years old. I think he might stay one more season.

I remember he did say something along the lines of "If I leave, it will be for a high price to help the clubs financial problems". Rough quote, can't really remember it.

Hixx

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I grew up with Eamonn Dolan at Arsenal. We used to play in the youth team together and he was always staying round my parents' house at weekends. He's a good lad who knows his football and when he talks, you listen" - Paul Merson pays tribute to his boyhood friend the Reading caretaker manager Eamonn Dolan, who never played in Arsenal's youth team. His twin brother Pat Dolan, on the other hand ... oh, Merse.

From the Fiver.

Lightning

Banned
I'd take either. Both would be good replacements for RVP, they like to come deep and influence the game, while also being quite good finishers. Benzema is proven, I like him a lot. Plus, he's French so why not. Dzeko is definitely being wasted as a supersub at City because he's not really that type of player; but at Arsenal the team would be built around him and I think he'd do quite well. Either would fit perfectly in the system and, if available, should be within our price range—I just hope Wenger is willing to spend on proven talent.
I would definitely accept Dzeko but I really want a striker we can build a team around to get the best out of them to reach the height of their talent. Walcott and Giroud are just not going to cut it. They will be okay in a pinch but throughout a season it just doesn't work with them and we need proven talent even if we squeeze through this season, which we probably will, because I'm sure Spurs are going to bottle it we will have the same shit next season when it happens again only worse. It's ridiculous.

Meier

Kyle Beckerman.

http://i.imgur.com/YMQBNTv.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

No kidding. Here we go, I was a little off.. 12 WCQ caps total between the defense.

DEFENDERS (6): Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake – 0/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City – 0/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City – 6/0), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy – 1/0), Clarence Goodson (Brondby – 5/0), Justin Morrow (San Jose Earthquakes – 0/0)

Lots of experience at the Forward position though.

Slizz

No kidding. Here we go, I was a little off.. 12 WCQ caps total between the defense.

DEFENDERS (6): Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake – 0/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City – 0/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City – 6/0), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy – 1/0), Clarence Goodson (Brondby – 5/0), Justin Morrow (San Jose Earthquakes – 0/0)

Lots of experience at the Forward position though.

Yeah I'd like Boyd or Gomez to start over Altidore. It won't happen and Jozy will run around half-assing it for 60-70 minutes then get subbed.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I grew up with Eamonn Dolan at Arsenal. We used to play in the youth team together and he was always staying round my parents' house at weekends. He's a good lad who knows his football and when he talks, you listen" - Paul Merson pays tribute to his boyhood friend the Reading caretaker manager Eamonn Dolan, who never played in Arsenal's youth team. His twin brother Pat Dolan, on the other hand ... oh, Merse.

From the Fiver.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's class

Meier

I had to look on wikipedia for rucola. Why in the world would you crazy Brits name a food rocket?! Arugula 4 lyfe. There are a shitton of terms for it apparently though:

Eruca sativa is an edible annual plant, commonly known as salad rocket, roquette, rucola, rugula, colewort; or, in the United States, where it is very popular, arugula

L1NETT

Everything that band ever made isn't that good. And that's is mildly put. Leto should have sticked to acting.

First album was pretty good I thought. This is War was poo.

And Lightning, pretty much spot on. No idea why Wenger has been trying to buy a chunky number 9 for the last couple of years. Anelka, Henry, Wright is the type of player they should be going for.

Wilbur

Banned
QUOTE OF THE DAY

From the Fiver.

Woohoo! Three out of four have the odd_morsel seal of approval this time
iSpnBWB2CJIC2.png

Laughed out loud at both of these posts

FootyGAF should get snapchat.

the fuck is that

Salazar

morsel probably got secret pressure-pad scales built into his dwelling. He will receive a text if his gf ever bumps 51kg, and he will not return home that night. Or the night after.

I'd like to think I learn something new every day. Today I found out that the term "elbow deep" yields some very NSFW images on google image search.

And that Asian women ad is stalking me. Amelia is looking pretty fine

Linius

I'd like to think I learn something new every day. Today I found out that the term "elbow deep" yields some very NSFW images on google image search.

And that Asian women ad is stalking me. Amelia is looking pretty fine

Topless ladies going elbow deep into a cows behind. Mkay.

Top Bottom