• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

dc89

BHW6SYxCcAALJ3z.jpg:large

:lol

Can't wait for a hi-res version.

Atletico has been good this season. Imagine if Falcao stays and they got David de Gea and Aguero back. Would make them even better which makes it more competetive, shame that won't happen.

Yeah might as well imagine that pigs can fly. Atletico are a shithouse on the financial side.

fSZIEIJ.jpg

and

YYPTpnN.jpg

Luckily for them Roman will give you 50 in the summer.

Meier

Don't forget the off side goal

It's not offside if you're not involved in the play. You'd see a lot of goals disallowed if it was.

Really, City were far better than United today but couldn't find that last attack more often than not. Looked dangerous far more often though and obviously controlled possession. United defended pretty well for the most part but Kun's goal was just an unbelievable finish from a world class player.

Can't wait for a hi-res version.

Ahahaha, amazing.

Lol, called it.

Should've bet on it, damn.

Nice prediction. You nailed it in both aspects.. City were definitely up for it and more alive than we've seen quite often this season.

Clegg

We know where we have problems. Carrick can't do it all on his own so a good CM is required in the summer. As much as I like Welbeck as a footballer he's not a wide player imo. The fact that he's preferred to Valencia just shows how badly our wingers have fared this season. Young is a decent squad player but he shouldn't be starting games against the best teams. So another winger is necessary too. Jones was actually pretty good. Needs more games at CB.

Kagawa deserves so much more than the last 2 minutes of a game. We lost possession frequently yet Kagawa, one of our best passers, was only used an injury enforced sub at the very end of the game.

deGod

It's not offside if you're not involved in the play. You'd see a lot of goals disallowed if it was.

Really, City were far better than United today but couldn't find that last attack more often than not. Looked dangerous far more often though and obviously controlled possession. United defended pretty well for the most part but Kun's goal was just an unbelievable finish from a world class

It counts if a player is obstructing the view of the keeper. And Tevez was clearly blocking the view of deGod

We know where we have problems. Carrick can't do it all on his own so a good CM is required in the summer. As much as I like Welbeck as a footballer he's not a wide player imo. The fact that he's preferred to Valencia just shows how badly our wingers have fared this season. Young is a decent squad player but he shouldn't be starting games against the best teams. So another winger is necessary too.Jones was actually pretty good. Needs more games at CB.

Kagawa deserves so much more than the last 2 minutes of a game. We lost possession frequently yet Kagawa, one of our best passers, was only used an injury enforced sub at the very end of the game.
And all he did was lose the ball too lol :(

D_prOdigy

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "It wasn't a bad performance by us, so I'm not disappointed in that respect. I'm disappointed with the goals we gave away.

"I think we were unlucky to lose the game. But it is easy to see why these were the best two teams in the country - the evidence was there tonight."

It was a bad performance by u, conte. To the no house with you.

WJD

Firstly:

As much as I dislike Carrick and Wellbeck,

Jesus fucking christ.

Secondly:

We really, really need to beat Stoke on Sunday. Chelsea and Arsenal still to come and both look a lot better than United at the moment.

If we don't beat Stoke then... I dread to think.

edit:

Thirdly:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "It wasn't a bad performance by us, so I'm not disappointed in that respect. I'm disappointed with the goals we gave away.

"I think we were unlucky to lose the game. But it is easy to see why these were the best two teams in the country - the evidence was there tonight."

Jesus fucking christ.

Clegg

I don't expect Fergie to publicly say it was a bad performance. You can guarantee that he'll be giving out shite to the players in the dressing room though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys, please keep your eye on Evra on the 2nd goal. My god it's infuriating.

Froggie, a shoe to the face pls.

dc89

Robin Van Persie's goal drought for Manchester United has now lasted longer than Henning Berg was manager of Blackburn. 57 days.

Kikarian

We have too many players off form. I don't know how Giggs played the full game at all. Van Persie was useless other than the free kick. Rooney didn't look interested, so he's probably gone in the summer. The changes he made should of come sooner except Valencia. As poor as Welbeck was, bringing Valencia on weakened the team.

Our midfield other than Carrick doesn't have any players who will fight for the ball, although Carrick to be honest doesn't do it too much. We need some to stop the counter attack. Were ALWAYS open once a team breaks and attacks us. They just run through the midfield and play it either to the wingers who cross it and score or just score. Evra for me is a liability at the back. He is always out of position and leaving space for the winger to just cross it.

I hope Fergie makes the right buys this summer, otherwise we won't be as lucky next season.

We really didn't look like a team that was going to win from Kick off.

Salazar

WELL THAT'S WHAT TALENTED 2ND HALF SUBSTITUTIONS MAKE POSSIBLE YOU FUCKING DIV

Giggs doesn't fucking belong.

TeegsD

RvP needs to find his magic touch again. Rooney is starting to bottle it all away too. Regressing to the days where he'd just lose his shit and not think.

Top Bottom