• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

WJD

Fergie reckons our form is good and RVP played well.

It is 10.30 and his nose is quite red. I will allow it.

To be fair I thought RVP did play well... the further away he got from City's area. Had a case of the Welbeck's tonight.

Our form is definitely shit though.

Wilbur

Banned
Impressed with Jones tonight, I really was. Lost Aguero at the end unfortunately but apart from that he was really good. Battled for every ball.

Yaya's a pussy by the way. Pulled out of a bunch of tackles.

We need a left back, a centre back, a winger and two centre midfielders.

Please.

Please.

SAF please.

Sell Rooney, Nani and Evra.

Randdalf

YES
YES
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSS

BHW-XECCcAAj1Wl.jpg:large

Oh my god, the face, hahaha

Impressed with Jones tonight, I really was. Lost Aguero at the end unfortunately but apart from that he was really good. Battled for every ball.

Please.

Please.

SAF please.

I'm firmly in the Rppney out camp.

Get rid of him.

Timurid plz.

Please.

Please.

SAF please.

Well, first we need for Fergie to realize that Giggs is well old and can't be the answer for every big match.

D_prOdigy

On a serious note, Jones did well, Rafa looked uncharacteristically weak going forward, Giggs reminded us he can't do yoga magic rolling back the years every game. Van Persie didn't really irk me - he was uninvolved for the majority but his free kick was lovely. Rooney did irk me. Going on form, you'd think the likes of Kagawa and Hernandez deserve the nod ahead of him in the coming games. I like Welbeck. Young 'did a job'. Valencia pls.

arkon

Please.

Please.

SAF please.

To be fair it was a nice bt of misdirection from Aguero.

Scum

Please.

Please.

SAF please.

Luke Shaw/Baines, Hummels, CR7, Moutinho and Modric.

Kikarian

Please.

Please.

SAF please.

I'd sell Rooney, he's lost his work rate and doesn't look interested any more. We definetly need a winger. Not too sure about a centre back...Maybe?
Two CM are a must or AT LEAST 1 CDM.

His heart just don't look in it anymore I think.

Kagawa behind RVP poimanantly next year. Zaha wide left, James wide right. Carrick and Gundogan in the middle.

Believe.
I don't know if it's that. He looked very up for it today.

He's just actually not that good anymore. Can't seem to impact these matches at all. Like he actually did what he used to do best, got back, made a tackle, ran past 2 players, got forwards....but then there was no through ball or perfect cross or shot...there was just nothing.

Meier

He really needs to wake the fuck up and see how shit our form is and how useless Van Persie has been.
What's he gonna do or say about RVP though? He's won you the league essentially and is obviously a must start kind of player. His FK was going in on its own in reality and he's a constant threat.

Mancini would probably go and shit on him in the press but that's why his players don't like him very much.

D_prOdigy

I wouldn't sell Rooney.

I would just seriously consider rotating him much more going forwards. Don't like how he has his periods of being fat and shit yet still seems to be guaranteed a starting spot in the bread and butter games.

Kikarian

He's just actually not that good anymore. Can't seem to impact these matches at all. Like he actually did what he used to do best, got back, made a tackle, ran past 2 players, got forwards....but then there was no through ball or perfect cross or shot...there was just nothing.
To be honest I don't think Rooney looked interested. His performance has took a massive decrease similar to Valencia. I'd happily find a replacement for Rooney if he's good enough.

I wouldn't sell Rooney.

I would just seriously consider rotating him much more going forwards. Don't like how he has his periods of being fat and shit yet still seems to be guaranteed a starting spot in the bread and butter games.
That would be most ideal but he's on 200k a week. 200k a week and you're not a matchwinner and definite starter...doesn't add up.

To be honest I don't think Rooney looked interested. His performance has took a massive decrease similar to Valencia. I'd happily find a replacement for Rooney if he's good enough.
He still tries. Very hard.

Just not much comes off.

Wilbur

Banned

Just because he ran about like Ashley Young on acid hasn't convinced me his heart's in it :(

Remember that volley against Newcastle? How he took every emotion from that conversation with the ref and distilled it into pure footballing expression?

He tells the ref to fuck off today and then ambles back to the centre spot.

If someone offered us 30m I'd take it. PSG you are the only hope.

20m for Nani as well + the 50m we'd look to spend anyway.

Moutinho and Modric must be up for grabs. Come on.

Just because he ran about like Ashley Young on acid hasn't convinced me his heart's in it :(

Remember that volley against Newcastle? How he took every emotion from that conversation with the ref and distilled it into pure footballing expression?

He tells the ref to fuck off today and then ambles back to the centre spot.

If someone offered us 30m I'd take it. PSG you are the only hope.

20m for Nani as well + the 50m we'd look to spend anyway.

Moutinho and Modric must be up for grabs. Come on.
We'll be lucky to get double figures for Nani.

Kikarian

What's he gonna do or say about RVP though? He's won you the league essentially and is obviously a must start kind of player. His FK was going in on its own in reality and he's a constant threat.

Mancini would probably go and shit on him in the press but that's why his players don't like him very much.
Simply not mention Van Persie? If he's having too lie about a players performance just don't say anything. Speak to him in the dressing room or at training.

Bo-Locks

People who say RVP won Utd the league are way off the mark. It's down to many different factors, but, for me, the most important is the defense sorting itself out after the Christmas period. Not conceding in 6 games is worth just as much as any strikers hot streak.

D_prOdigy

I fucking love Phil Jones. I really hope he's the future.

I didn't even take against him when he had a period of being a bit poo last season.

Well that's ironic. Isn't Mad Men the show about that guy with the massive penis fucking everyone with a pulse?

I'm not even kidding when I say it's revealed that
his real name is Dick
. But no, although that is a part of it, that's not what it's about at all.

Wilbur

Banned

Service to RVP's been bad. He hasn't been great himself but then neither have the rest of the attacking players bar Carrick.

Rafael had a good game tonight, but he was doing the work of two players on that right hand side.

No. We discussed this. It is not a thing. And if it was you didn't even get it right

Rafael was okay. Welbeck didn't really protect him, you're right.

As much as we clamber on about Shinji when he hasn't shown much yet, he can keep possession and he's smart with the ball. No idea why he isn't trusted to start yet.

Top Bottom