• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Kikarian

As much as we clamber on about Shinji when he hasn't shown much yet, he can keep possession and he's smart with the ball. No idea why he isn't trusted to start yet.
I think Fergie's waiting for next season to fully use Kagawa. I'm not sure why though. We need him in the team now.

Clegg

Rooney is still an effective player. Scores plenty of goals and gets a lot of assists.

He's lost whatever spark it is that that made him a special player though. Look at Aguero this evening and RVP from August to February. You knew they were capable of doing something special. I don't get the same feeling from Rooney anymore.

Wilbur

Banned
The problem is with Rooney that I don't think he'll accept being part of a squad. If we get a 30m offer I'd be inclined to take it, but I'm just not sure where it would be spent.

Really think we could get Moutinho or Modric if we made a good enough bid. But we won't.

Uj2fW8F.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HTaKUZU.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QCsrRFi.jpg[img]

:lol[/QUOTE]
JUV-MIL 2-1

WHY

WHY

IS THIS A PREDICTION? [SPOILER]Because it's quite accurate[/spoiler]

Kikarian

Rooney is still an effective player. Scores plenty of goals and gets a lot of assists.

He's lost whatever spark it is that that made him a special player though. Look at Aguero this evening and RVP from August to February. You knew they were capable of doing something special. I don't get the same feeling from Rooney anymore.
Yeah, he's a fantastic player. But definitely not what he used to be. He would be fired up, winning balls, running everywhere and constantly asking for the ball. He's a game changer when he comes on in terms of possession and vision but he no lonnger strives to win and gets the team motivated to win.

Well what can you do guys, we just lost to the better team.

We're still 12 points ahead. Would have definitely taken it at the start of the season.

Next match Rooney will score, Young will do something good. We will say Rooney is amazing and Young is an okay squad player.

I love being a Man U fan.

Night night.

Wilbur

Banned
Well what can you do guys, we just lost to the better team.

We're still 12 points ahead. Would have definitely taken it at the start of the season.

Next match Rooney will score, Young will do something good. We will say Rooney is amazing and Young is an okay squad player.

I love being a Man U fan.

Night night.

bud looks upon this post and despairs

As long as we win the title I'm alright until we start to address problems.

Feel shitty tonight. Fucking City. Cunts.

FERGAL YOU CUNT

Clegg

The problem is with Rooney that I don't think he'll accept being part of a squad. If we get a 30m offer I'd be inclined to take it, but I'm just not sure where it would be spent.

Really think we could get Moutinho or Modric if we made a good enough bid. But we won't.

If we sold Rooney we wouldn't be looking for a midfielder. All that money would go to the transfer of a forward whether it be someone like Isco/Gotze/James etc.

Wilbur

Banned
If we sold Rooney we wouldn't be looking for a midfielder. All that money would go to the transfer of a forward whether it be someone like Isco/Gotze/James etc.

It would be none of them. It would be a striker. Which I don't think we would need. Hernandez, RVP or Welbeck with Kagawa behind them. Sounds fine to me.

What's he gonna do or say about RVP though? He's won you the league essentially and is obviously a must start kind of player. His FK was going in on its own in reality and he's a constant threat.

Mancini would probably go and shit on him in the press but that's why his players don't like him very much.

RVP is fine. He has had assists even if he hasn't scored.

I wouldn't sell Rooney either. He just needs to be put on a fitness regime.

I would clear out Nani, Young and Ando for sure. I don't think there is any chance of Fergie selling Evra.

I'm surprised at the lack of trolling after this result.

I it because we're so far ahead?
trolling would at least give me some fire in my belly to fight back

i am just sad now

we failed in all the big matches at the crunch time of the season. this is what it feels like to be city.

dc89

I it because we're so far ahead?

Nothing to troll about really. Kinda used to beating united these days. 3/4 of the last PL derbies. :D

Right, night night now. Need sleep. Derbies kill me. Celebrations to continue tomorrow.

Scum

There are three STs at the club. Stick one up top, Kagawa behind the striker. Zaha and another winger out wide. Modric or Moutinho in the middle with a DM.

Clegg

It would be none of them. It would be a striker. Which I don't think we would need. Hernandez, RVP or Welbeck with Kagawa behind them. Sounds fine to me.

Rooney doesn't really play as a striker anymore though. I think we're in more need of a flexible forward that can play anywhere across the frontline.

Anyway, not a cent of any potential Rooney transfer fee would go towards a new midfielder.

Wilbur

Banned
There are three STs at the club. Stick one up top, Kagawa behind the striker. Zaha and another winger out wide. Modric or Moutinho in the middle with a DM.

Perfect. But we know this isn't happening.

Sigh. Maybe bud was right.

Meier

Is it because we're so far ahead?

Hard to troll the team who is so far ahead. Biggest surprise is another game for Man U without an actual goal by your own player. Been 339 minutes including the FA Cup game.

Suen

Madrid-GAF! Tomorrow decides whether we go through to the semi-finals or not. We're in a pretty good position so if we keep playing at a good level we should go through but this is football and the most unexpected things happen so it will still be some challenge there. I hope Malaga win tomorrow, if not then I won't be too disappointed though, would love to see Dortmund go through as well. Wish they didn't play against each other!

Meier

Funny tweet from Vinnie. Two games in a row with a "goal" for him!

Vincent Kompany ‏@VincentKompany
Can't stop scoring. Lol
Phenomenal team performance!
And to our fans.. #MCFC #MCFC #MCFC #MCFC #MCFC #MCFC #MCFC!! :)

Noirulus

Madrid-GAF! Tomorrow decides whether we go through to the semi-finals or not. We're in a pretty good position so if we keep playing at a good level we should go through but this is football and the most unexpected things happen so it will still be some challenge there. I hope Malaga win tomorrow, if not then I won't be too disappointed though, would love to see Dortmund go through as well. Wish they didn't play against each other!

I'm slightly nervous because Albiol will be playing now that Pepe is out due to injury. We should be able to go through, though.

Wilbur

Banned
Stoke and West Ham away are now must win games.

Think we'll draw at West Ham but hopefully we can put nails in Stoke's coffin.

Dunno why you're scared about Arsenal away. If there's one team our game is always suited to beat, it's Arsenal.

Meier

Stoke and West Ham away are now must win games.

West Ham may be tough.. their defense can be pretty stout. Stoke would have been tough if it were in the first half of the season but they've been absolutely as bad as it gets for all of 2013 basically. I can't imagine you guys not winning that comfortably even if it is historically difficult to go there and get a win.

Just looked at their results and at a quick glance it looks like they have just 5 points in 2013 (all 5 at home of course).

D_prOdigy

Dunno why you're scared about Arsenal away. If there's one team our game is always suited to beat, it's Arsenal.

But we just seem to have no game™ lately. Tonight was not as bad as that fucking dire affair at Stamford Bridge last week but the last great performance was far too long ago.

Clegg

If both teams are at their best then United would comfortably beat Arsenal. But right now we're performing poorly and Arsenal are doing well.

Beat Stoke and West Ham and it should restore some of our players confidence. We'd be 12 points ahead with only 15 to play for. If we don't do that then I'd start having doubts about the mental strength of our players.

Messi

I have feeling Malaga are going win on a away goal.

Probably going to be a 1-1 draw and Malaga goes through on away goals.

Yep, I think Dortmund screwed up not getting an away goal. I wont be suprised if BVB win but same goes for Malaga.

WJD

Love that Utd fans are still worried, even though they've basically wrapped the title up :lol

Took us 6 games to lose 8 points last season. Lose against Stoke and we've got 6 games to lose 9 points.

Still unlikely but we've been dire ever since Real Madrid and have showed no signs of picking it up.

Top Bottom