• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Clegg

Has that Jamie Jackson article on the united midfield been taken down. Laboureds link didn't work for me so I went to the guardian homepage and got the link from there. That didn't work either.

The Wall:
7lslyDO.jpg

Jon Snow:
0sFQxfl.jpg

Discus.

Cool article on BVB and the countless rumors in the SZ by Röckenhaus:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/in...spielern-die-geister-die-sie-riefen-1.1643854

"Alex Ferguson looked unbelievingly at Watzke when Watzke told him Lewandowski is not for sale at any price during the DFB cup final last year."

Also, the best part :D
"In the team bus, BVB players are joking over headlines in which Arsenal is the buyer. As if it was an improvement playing for Arsenal. Players make fun of those who are linked with Wenger because they are on the left-over sale."

Ingeniero

"In the team bus, BVB players are joking over headlines in which Arsenal is the buyer. As if it was an improvement playing for Arsenal. Players make fun of those who are linked with Wenger because they are on the left-over sale."

What a bunch of cunts, I hope they get fired then

dc89

maine%20road%20comp%20still.ashx

May 2013 marks the tenth anniversary of the final game at Maine Road. Since then, with support from Manchester City Council, the area around Maine Road has developed beyond recognition with sought after housing and a brand new school established.

However, there is a corner of the new development which will be forever Blue and remembered by City fans everywhere. The area where the centre circle of the pitch used to be is to be turned into a new landmark with a circular garden surrounded by a granite wall complete with an inscription.

The inscription is your chance to make a permanent mark on the site of the old centre circle.
All City fans are invited to send in their own suggestions for the message to be engraved in this new landmark.

The maximum number of characters is 200 and the winning entry will be chosen by local residents. The inscription should reflect the character and history of the area and Manchester City.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/April/Maine-Road-competition

Sweet idea!

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/in...spielern-die-geister-die-sie-riefen-1.1643854

"Alex Ferguson looked unbelievingly at Watzke when Watzke told him Lewandowski is not for sale at any price during the DFB cup final last year."

Woah, that's mean to the Gunners, but certainly true. Going there doesn't seem like an improvement atm.

Let me expand on the GoT fan fiction: Bayern are obviously Lannisters,
Tywin Lannister = Robben
Jaime Lannister = Gomez
Cersei Lannister = Müller, lol NEUER!
Tyrion Lannister = Ribery
Joffrey Lannister/Baratheon = Müller

:lol

Solid trolling.

Kenka

Unless you are chasing more money individually, which is what we mostly all do, there not a lot of better places to be transfered to, as a Dortmund regular. And Watzke's policy is to play its cards as a big club would. So no sale to a direct competitor in the CL, or domestically.

With time, and more achievements, Dortmund will also have the financial possibility to be competitive on the wages side, unless the stupidly high TV deal made by the EPL lawyers trouble the water, and give them a decisive advantage over teams from other leagues.

Madrid, Manchester and Barcelona should hire younger prospects like Goretzka, Max Meyer or Donis Avdijaj. Liverpool and Arsenal have already followed these steps with the recent acquisitions of Eisfeld, Gnabry and Yesil.

:lol

ibmBNSzALQSab9.gif

Meier

Manchester City to offer Aguero new deal to ward off Real Madrid interest
City now value the player at over £50 million and plan to recognise that by sitting down with Aguero and rubber-stamping a two-year extension to protect their investment.

Aguero earns around £170,000 a week at the Etihad Stadium and will earn a similar amount, but with a more lucrative bonus structure set aside based on goals and further trophies.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...ester-city-to-offer-aguero-new-five-year-deal

Hope they're right.

What do you reckon to a first team CB pairing of Ashley Williams and Agger, and an understudy pairing of Alderwerield and Kelly for next season?

I can see that being very effective in theory.

Sell Skrtel :(
Get Carra in to personally coach Kelly (he'll be a beast, I'm sure of it)
Make Agger the main CB, have him mark zonal even if the system is man-marking
Loan Coates out, abroad if needs be
Play Wisdom at CB in cup games
Williams-Agger starting partnership

Lack of Europa League could do quite a bit of damage to Wisdom's progression and Kelly's return from injury/progression

Meier

John Guidetti, Feyenoord hero.

"I will never play for PSV", Guidetti told Dutch daily the Algemeen Dagblad, adding "everybody knows that."

"If I am going to the Dutch league, I want to only play for Feyenoord", Guidetti concluded.

Is that Cambiasso on the left? This deserves more games.
And if what is said about Balo is right, then I don't understand why he must step aside for three matchdays. That's nonsense.

That's actually two matches (3 game ban = 1 for receiving five red cards in the Serie A + 2 for "insulting" the ref).

Still, it's dumb. I can't see how saying "what the fuck are you looking at?" is insulting. Especially in Italian, that's just bad behaviour, nothing else.

I don't get the urge to play ME3 like I did 2 and Dark Souls :(

There's something off about it, like it was rushed out. The combat is much improved though

Clegg

I've finally been able to read that Jamie Jackson article and now I wish I hadn't. He thinks Modric, De Rossi, Sandro and Lampard are all realistic targets. Fucking ridiculous.

The only player he mentions that actually could be a realistic target is Wanyama.

Meier

I've finally been able to read that Jamie Jackson article and now I wish I hadn't. He thinks Modric, De Rossi, Sandro and Lampard are all realistic targets. Fucking ridiculous.

The only player he mentions that actually could be a realistic target is Wanyama.

Yeah, got a chuckle out of it. Especially Sandro.. why in the world would Spurs sell him to another EPL team? He's been fantastic for them and is young.

Top Bottom