• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Daily Fail are saying it's De Bruyne's GF with Courtois.

why

u7ROTzD.jpg

GorillaJu

Mike Havenaar is fantastic: he speaks Japanese fluently, his Dutch sounds like English and his English sounds like Dutch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1pJDqhRgM

Yeah. I've actually met him before. I wouldn't rank his language skills quite like you do: he is Japanese, so "fluently" doesn't quite describe it as he's a native speaker. The fact that he speaks Dutch and English so well is impressive. He's a very nice person, as most Japanese athletes are.

Kenka

Yeah. I've actually met him before. I wouldn't rank his language skills quite like you do: he is Japanese, so "fluently" doesn't quite describe it as he's a native speaker. The fact that he speaks Dutch and English so well is impressive. He's a very nice person, as most Japanese athletes are.
Yeah, I was also impressed by his Dutch given the fact that he was born in Japan and never got to live in Europe priorly. Also, for a Japanese, he speaks English undeniably well. I know, I sound like a parrot.

You met him before ? My relatives in Arnhem like him a lot (especially since Vitesse has done so well this season).

Meier

Newcastle back in for Remy? Ugh. We do need a new forward and I guess he hasn't been doing too bad for QPR but it's Remy, he's a bellend. I guess it would be childish to still maintain hatred for him given his snub seeing as he could still offer something for us.

Remy has about as many goals as Cisse already. He's been fantastic for QPR.

We've confirmed we're NOT interested in Remy.

Aubameyang pls.
PEA is going to be too expensive for Newcastle in all likelihood.

Wasn't he considered the best defender in the league, like, a few months ago ?
Maybe by a random Arsenal fan. No one with a lick of sense would consider there to be a better defender in the EPL than Kompany or Baines IMO.

Kyoufu

Remy has about as many goals as Cisse already. He's been fantastic for QPR.

PEA is going to be too expensive for Newcastle in all likelihood.

Maybe by a random Arsenal fan. No one with a lick of sense would consider there to be a better defender in the EPL than Kompany or Baines IMO.

No he doesn't.

for fuck's sake. i see players curse at referees every week, balo does it and gets banned for three games. at least pazzini is back.

meanwhile, fiorentina only faces 20,000 euro fine for racial insults by fans and insults to the ref by their staff. compare that to our 20 million euro striker missing three of this season's most important games.

Meier

Apparently City and Chelsea will be playing a game at Yankee Stadium on May 25th. Lets see if the price is right

Fuck me, the cheapest are gonna be around $54. Fuck that

The City-Chelsea game in St. Louis sold out in 20 minutes so if you have any interest at all, you'll probably want to jump immediately once they go on sale. The price is reasonable for a pro game in America, the question is how many big players will play since it's just 2 days after the other friendly.

It's only a facetious remark. Nothing to see here, move along.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Trollotelli banned for 3 games.

Is this for smoking in the train bathroom or whatever? Wow.

Kyoufu

Within 3 goals isn't almost?

Just looked it up and he's definitely in range. Remy has 5 goals in 8 games (7 starts). Cisse has 8 in 30. Remy has been one of the best strikers in the league since he moved over in terms of production.

League Cup, Europa League.

Yeah Cisse's record isn't good but for the first half of the season he played second fiddle to Ba. Mostly out of position.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's two for insulting the referee + one for accumulating five yellow cards. Sounds fair to me. It WILL be reduced to one, though.

Meanwhile, where are the Moratti and Stramaccioni bans for their comments?

faridmon

Everton skipper Neville to leave at end of season

LONDON, April 9 (Reuters) - Everton captain Phil Neville will leave the Premier League club at the end of the season after eight years with the Merseysiders, the former England international said on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old Neville joined Everton from Manchester United having won six Premier League titles, three FA Cups and the 1999 Champions League.
"I want to continue to play at the top level as long as I physically can, and will be weighing up my options before making a decision on my next move," Neville said on the Everton website (www.evertonfc.com).
"I'll now be doing everything I can to help Everton finish as high up the league table as possible."
Everton lie sixth, six points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur but with a game in hand as they seek to qualify for Europe next season.
Neville, who has the sixth-highest number of Premier League appearances with 504, said he would leave Everton with immense pride.
"It's been an honour to play for and captain Everton Football Club. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on Merseyside," said Neville, who won 59 international caps (Edited by Tom Pilcher; Editing by John O'Brien)

KoCVj.gif

KoCVj.gif

KoCVj.gif

KoCVj.gif

KoCVj.gif

KoCVj.gif

Messi would be ideal for us, too

I don't get the analogy.

Fabregas could be a pivotal figure in a title winning side whereas now he is languishing on the bench at Barca.

Messi is the top player at the top team in the world and would presumably not relish moving to a mid table team where he'd probably get paid the same as Theo Walcott.

It's two for insulting the referee + one for accumulating five yellow cards. It WILL be reduced to one.

i hope you're right about it being reduced. i don't mind if he is missing for the juve game because we beat you guys without him already this season. ;)

yeah, they insulted the referees far more cynically. and they did it publicly! this is my point i was trying to make with the fiorentina comparison too . . . i don't mind if the lega is consistent, but they clearly target certain players to make examples out of and let other more egregious things slide. some consistency with the penalties would be nice.

i am particularly annoyed at the wrist-slapping racists get. mario deals with racial slurs the whole game, and he gets suspended for one insult while fiorentina only has a 20k euro fine. why wouldn't fans try and rile him up with racial slurs every game now? great job lega.

Meier

League Cup, Europa League.

Yeah Cisse's record isn't good but for the first half of the season he played second fiddle to Ba. Mostly out of position.

He's been better in the second half of the season but he has 5 goals across all comps in 2013. Remy has as many goals as him in a shorter span of time and in fewer games. I think any team would be happy to have him in their squad.

I think Aubameyang will cost at least £15m (and probably a bit more). I don't see Newcastle or Villa spending that much. He has had another excellent year (second only to Ibra in goals and has quite a few assists) and is in high demand. I know City have been linked as well.

faridmon

Phil Neville should go to one of the promoted sides if he wants to keep playing.

I think he is staying in the area (Lancashire, Great Manchester) because he actually cares about his family and his stable life. Maybe Blackpool or Wigan me thinks, but can they afford him?

The table without refereeing mistakes

c'mon son. you're really going to cite a table like that.

i'll admit though, last season i felt juve were getting a lot of hand-helping by the referees (so were we) but this season i haven't really seen it happen to any of the top clubs. the referees have been horrible for everyone this year.

You won't get a dubious penalty again.

Right, adriano?

RIGHT?

well it seems you guys are safe in first place, so i think the conspiracy to get us into the CL will outweigh the parallel conspiracy to get you the scudetto, so expect some dubious penalties in our favor.

this is actually how inter fans think

Balotelli suspended, uh? For three games?

Bonolis help me, there's a conspiracy against Inter, nobody ever goes against Milan, they're really really really helping us too much.

Pls Bonolis.
It's two for insulting the referee + one for accumulating five yellow cards. Sounds fair to me. It WILL be reduced to one, though.

If it will be reduced, it will be to two games. He won't play vs Juve, one for insulting and one for those five yellow cards.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is actually how inter fans think

Oh trust me, I know.

Frank the Great said:
i'll admit though, last season i felt juve were getting a lot of hand-helping by the referees

Nah, we were basically this season's Inter. No penalties for 20 something games and not even getting the 50/50 decisions.
Then Muntari's ghost goal popped out of nowhere.
KuGsj.gif
Marotta saved up all our money for this I guess.
KuGsj.gif

PL version of this has Chelsea 2nd and Liverpool in the top 4!

I KNEW IT

I don't get the analogy.

Fabregas could be a pivotal figure in a title winning side whereas now he is languishing on the bench at Barca.

Messi is the top player at the top team in the world and would presumably not relish moving to a mid table team where he'd probably get paid the same as Theo Walcott.

The guy threw pizza at Fergie's face

If Cesc joined Utd, I'd stop following the sport

Top Bottom