• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Wes

venison crêpe
There appears to be a documentary about dogging on channel 4 at the moment. Guess that explains Wilbury's absence for the past hour.

Who cares? The game's over, I just don't get how anyone can compare the 1:2 and 3:2 while keeping a straight face :( It's not like the Malaga's offside really mattered.

Why didn't it matter? At first I thought it was going in without the other player touching it, but from the other angle it seemed pretty clear it was heading away from goal.

fuenf

It's doubtfull to say it would have gone in anyways.

why? he's allowed to pass the ball foward, the other player just would've needed to stay behind him. I just meant that the offside position didnt really give them an advantage.

Who cares? The game's over, I just don't get how anyone can compare the 1:2 and 3:2 while keeping a straight face :( It's not like the Malaga's offside really mattered.
Eh? Of course it matters.

That should not have been given as a goal. Would have left Dortmund with 10 mins to score one goal.

Dortmund obv got their fair share of luck - can't be denied.

559946_10152700438600034_1484492194_n.jpg

That is an absolutely perfect defensive line. It makes you realise how highly trained these players are that they can do that in open play.

Linius

why? he's allowed to pass the ball foward, the other player just would've needed to stay behind him. I just meant that the offside position didnt really give them an advantage.

That's just bending the rules. Advantage or not, offside is offside. Even if it's by an inch. He was just stupid to step too soon. So he was offside.

fuenf

Eh? Of course it matters.

That should not have been given as a goal. Would have left Dortmund with 10 mins to score one goal.

Dortmund obv got their fair share of luck - can't be denied.

there's a reasonable chance Malaga would've scored it if the player wasnt offside. THERE's no way in hell Dortmund would've scored the 3-2 without having the offside advantage.

Yes technically it's the same, but the 3-2 was the far bigger blunder.

Kyoufu

Both teams had offside goals. Real score was 2-1 Dortmund.

Malaga can cry all they want but they won't even get any moral victory. They can enjoy their FFP suspension next season.

there's a reasonable chance Malaga would've scored it if the player wasnt offside. THERE's no way in hell Dortmund would've scored the 3-2 without having the offside advantage.

Yes technically it's the same, but the 3-2 was the far bigger blunder.
I agree that the margin of error by the officials is totally different in both cases. One is an easy-ish error and the other one is Uefalona stuff.

But they both had a similar kind of impact on the game IMO.

Linius

In the end it's just sad we have to discuss ref decisions time and time again whole night long. I'm calling it now, tomorrow we'll have these exact same conversations. Fuck the FIFA for holding back with video reffing.

Clegg

Adnan had another good game, Viva.

I hope Frogie gives him some first team minutes if we secure the title before the last few games.

Zero148

interesting anecdote: after the 1:2 from Malage, Dortmunds field players let their heads hand down, they were beaten. But Weidenfeller went to every single one and told them the game is not over, they can do it. Our goalie had a real winning mentally today, like Kahn in his best times

fuenf

In the end it's just sad we have to discuss ref decisions time and time again whole night long. I'm calling it now, tomorrow we'll have these exact same conversations. Fuck the FIFA for holding back with video reffing.

Yeah I expect that too. That spanish ref already ruined Bayern's CL season last year, now with Madrid and Barca advancing, Dortmund defeating Malaga the way they did, there's just no way Bayern won't see at least 8 yellow cards :(

Messi

Going dark until friday guys. Wish me luck. Hope at the very least that I see a good game of football even if you hate Barca. Also it might be a while before you see my Olivia avatars if I lose this fucking bet lol. Maybe that is a positive.

terminator-thumbs-up.gif

Timurid

Going dark until friday guys. Wish me luck. Hope at the very least that I see a good game of football even if you hate Barca. Also it might be a while before you see my Olivia avatars if I lose this fucking bet lol. Maybe that is a positive.

terminator-thumbs-up.gif
I hope you have a safe trip.

terminator-thumbs-up.gif
Have fun. I hope both for your sake and my own that Barca won't bore me to tears.

Seriously. And what the fuck is doing the 4th ref or whatever is called? most useless shit ever. Fuck you Platini.

Arnie

One offside goal cancels out another.

You can't pick and choose which one you get irate about.

Well, you can, but you'll come across as a tit.

Top Bottom