• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Jesus christ, how is that behind the goals ref supposed to see for example the Malaga player on the edge of the box isn't making them onside? It's impossible from that angle. The linesman however is pretty blind, he's in a perfect position.

That's why is useless. Is he only there for ghost goals or what? That happens like in one match of every 100....

Adnan had another good game, Viva.

I hope Frogie gives him some first team minutes if we secure the title before the last few games.
Yeah I saw the first half, he looked sharp as usual.

Doron made a good point on twitter about his consistency. It's great to see him playing at a good level regularly at his age. He's very economical in his play too, hardly ever gives it away, always seems to make the right choices.

I hope he fills out soon and can add a bit of dynamism to his game.

And Im not bothered about first team appearances now. Perspective after last night. Lets get it wrapped up and worry about everything else later!

That's why is useless. Is he only there for ghost goals or what? That happens like in one match of every 100....

Well that and penalties/correct what is a corner or goal kick I would say, but I agree they are useless and is just Fifas pathetic attempt at avoiding getting some tech in to judge these things. But it's a bit ridiculous to blame that on the ref behind the goal.

Clegg

I haven't seen them but it must a be a salt mine.

Nope, too busy reaching the Champions League final in FM.

I'll play Lyon.

Fuck France.

Feast on this

Abdullah N Al Thani ‏@ANAALThani 17m

Thank you very much for the team you have been Champions On the pitch I'm sorry to go out this way injustice and racism

I hope to open a thorough investigation UEFA regarding the Spanish club out this way Which does not affect the spirit of sport

This is not football, but racism and clear of all

Can you imagine we had video replay decisions. The tension and suspense n the stadium at a moment such as after the 3rd Dortmund goal would be amazing.

But I'm not sure if in a good or bad way...

Can you imagine we had video replay decisions. The tension and suspense n the stadium at a moment such as after the 3rd Dortmund goal would be amazing.

But I'm not sure if in a good or bad way...

It would be odd to see Malaga celebrating the goal being denied as though they'd scored themselves.

Arnie

How can somebody so utterly brain-dead be in such a privileged and powerful position?

He can fucking do one with the racism claims.

Clegg

Yeah I saw the first half, he looked sharp as usual.

Doron made a good point on twitter about his consistency. It's great to see him playing at a good level regularly at his age. He's very economical in his play too, hardly ever gives it away, always seems to make the right choices.

I hope he fills out soon and can add a bit of dynamism to his game.

And Im not bothered about first team appearances now. Perspective after last night. Lets get it wrapped up and worry about everything else later!
Some first team experience wouldn't hurt though. But yeah, win the league and then see what we can do about giving young players some gametime.

My only concern is that Adnan is a player that is more suited to a central role rather than out wide. If he eventually makes it to the senior side he might suffer like Kagawa has. Although, he's been in the United set up for a couple of years now. He might find it a bit easier to adapt to the first team.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
David Faitelson is hilarious.

'Este no es un torneo de Cenicientas'

'this isn't a tournament for Cinderella'

Regarding Málaga's loss to Dortmund and if they were robbed by the refs

Clegg

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_philjonesburgerking.gif

Some first team experience wouldn't hurt though. But yeah, win the league and then see what we can do about giving young players some gametime.

My only concern is that Adnan is a player that is more suited to a central role rather than out wide. If he eventually makes it to the senior side he might suffer like Kagawa has. Although, he's been in the United set up for a couple of years now. He might find it a bit easier to adapt to the first team.
He's been used in a few positions in the youth teams so it's all good experience.

IMO he's quite a while away from breaking through anyway. He's had a few injuries and only now is he getting a chance to play consistently and develop. 2 more seasons until moves into the first team squad IMO. Another year in the u21s next year and a then a loan would be my best guess.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
How crazy would it be to win CL but not be permitted to play in the next season?

The right team won today.
As if 'the right teams' have ever been playing in the CL. How many of them are 'Champions' again?

Edit: Unless right teams means money spinners.

Clegg

He's been used in a few positions in the youth teams so it's all good experience.

IMO he's quite a while away from breaking through anyway. He's had a few injuries and only now is he getting a chance to play consistently and develop. 2 more seasons until moves into the first team squad IMO. Another year in the u21s next year and a then a loan would be my best guess.

I've only ever seen Januzaj play a few times so I assume you've seen him play a lot more than I have. Does he actually look likely to make it as a United player?

And if he is good enough I hope to god he doesn't bugger off like Pogba did when he wasn't getting first team games.

Wilbur

Banned
This thread was fucking amazing to read when I came out.

Dortmund's third. Pulga. Blablurn. The Lol Liga advocates.

I love you, FootyGAF.

I love you, Champions League.

Come on PSG and Juve.

I've only ever seen Januzaj play a few times so I assume you've seen him play a lot more than I have. Does he actually look likely to make it as a United player?

And if he is good enough I hope to god he doesn't bugger off like Pogba did when he wasn't getting first team games.
So far he looks better than Pogba or Ravel did IMO. He's a very mature player for his age. Pogba obv had his physique though.

I'd be surprised if Adnan didn't make it to the first team but just how good he becomes obv will depend on alot of different factors.

He is super focused though and the club is expecting big things from him. We paid alot of money to bring him over. He also got a telling off after the youth cup exit, apparently Ferguson himself wasn't pleased. Januzaj actually played very well in that game (there's a beautifully red feature on it) IMO so I think that tells you they are setting a high standard for him. Warren Joyce said the thing that he finds most impressive about him is how desperate he is to be a footballer.

Funnily enough he said in an interview last week that he used to speak with Pogba alot :p he's declaring for Belgium btw!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The thing I'm most disappointed with tonight is that Craig Thomson didn't book that Malaga player for going into the crowd to celebrate. He booked Kris Commons for doing that against Hearts at Tynecastle two seasons ago causing him to miss the final game of the season. Consistency please. ;-)

Clegg

So far he looks better than Pogba or Ravel did IMO. He's a very mature player for his age. Pogba obv had his physique though.

I'd be surprised if Adnan didn't make it to the first team but just how good he becomes obv will depend on alot of different factors.

He is super focused though and the club is expecting big things from him. We paid alot of money to bring him over. He also got a telling off after the youth cup exit, apparently Ferguson himself wasn't pleased. Januzaj actually played very well in that game (there's a beautifully red feature on it) IMO so I think that tells you they are setting a high standard for him. Warren Joyce said the thing that he finds most impressive about him is how desperate he is to be a footballer.

Funnily enough he said in an interview last week that he used to speak with Pogba alot :p he's declaring for Belgium btw!

It's good to hear that they rate him so highly. Hopefully he makes it here.

G-Unit

This thread was fucking amazing to read when I came out.

Dortmund's third. Pulga. Blablurn. The Lol Liga advocates.

I love you, FootyGAF.

I love you, Champions League.

Come on PSG and Juve.

It was so fun dreaming of best liga confirmation... just to see dreams shatter by german cunts :D

coldfoot

Banned
FIFA/UEFA can learn a lot from NFL and allow video reviews and objections to calls.
But nooo, idiot Sepp Blatter thins referee mistakes are just one of the quirks of football, I call bullshit. When this much money is in play, there is no room for mistakes.

What really pisses me off is that people relate that sheik to Malaga, guy bought the team and spent money he didn't have or plan to actually give, almost got the club relegated to 2ªB and made it a target for uefa. He didn't even pay the former owner yet, the club isn't rightfuly his, and Calling himself "president" when he has been in Spain for 3 days top and has done NOTHING irritates me.

And now he makes the club look like shit with that nonsense, after what players and staff are doing this year. And fans filling the stadium every day. gtfo pls.

FIFA/UEFA can learn a lot from NFL and allow video reviews and objections to calls.
But nooo, idiot Sepp Blatter thins referee mistakes are just one of the quirks of football, I call bullshit. When this much money is in play, there is no room for mistakes.

The NFL is a game that has lots of stoppages in play. Football is completely different. Blatter is completely right in that video reviews should have no place in the game.

coldfoot

Banned
The NFL is a game that has lots of stoppages in play. Football is completely different. Blatter is completely right in that video reviews should have no place in the game.
Football also has lots of stoppages in play, just not officially. How many times you see players not getting up and feigning injury? When a controversial freekick/penalty decision is made, it takes almost 2 minutes before that kick is taken due to objections, etc.
Offsides are even easier, you can do it with special shoes, or even review the goal while the players are busy celebrating.

Top Bottom