• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

bjaelke

That's something I was not aware of:

rV5GSvR.png

Ruf mich an.

Thank you Pro7 for teasing me that one.

Kenka

The last 5 minutes of the Dortmund tie on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IgAXUcmmpE&feature=player_embedded

dortmund/madrid final it is then!
That would be outstanding. While Bayern play with the handbrake in each game because they can't overcome their fear to leave the pitch defeated, Dortmund on the other side don't give a FUCK. It would be a repeat of the 2001 final execpt Dortmund has way more technical abilities than Leverkusen back then.

If Clasico/Klassiker in the semis, then my predictions:
Code:
[B]Dortmund[/B] 5-4 Bayern
Barcelona 2-3 [B]Madrid[/B]

But if Bayern wake up the inner dragon, Dortmund could very well be Kaiserslautern'd. Bayern are really strong once they play with free minds and I doubt there is any team who can oppose them at their top, not even Barça.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-falcao-down-payment-is-big-news-in-spain-chelse

Chelsea have been the main club linked with Atletico Madrid striker Falcao over the last few months, with all kinds of reports both in England and Spain. A lot of the reports have been in Marca, but today they go huge on Falcao to Manchester United. We didn't see this one coming and it's really going to rock the rumour mill.

Marca even say that Manchester United may have made a down-payment on the Colombian international ahead of a roughly £50m summer move. It would be a record transfer for the Old Trafford club and would perhaps signal the end of Wayne Rooney at Manchester United, given that he'd inevitably end up pushed out of the picture upfront.

Inside their newspaper edition Marca claim that Atletico were getting frustrated with Chelsea because the Spanish club want to be able to plan a replacement for Falcao and they had wanted a deal to have been finalised by now, with uncertainty over the managerial vacancy at the London club holding things up.

Atletico are terrified of their huge rivals Real Madrid buying the player and will try everything in their power to prevent that, even letting him go for less than his buy-out clause.

At this point it's worth noting who Falcao's agent is, none other than Jorge Mendes and his Gestifute group. He also represents Garay, Nani and Ronaldo, three players who have been in the rumour mill themselves. It could be an agent trying to hurry someone up and perhaps encourage Chelsea to get their man sorted quickly.

Salazar, Viva, Clegg, Wilbz, Kharma, KILLER and the rest, hold me.

FootballFan

Surely Rooney would have to go to get Falcao?! Or will he just be played in midfield?

FFP won't stop you, you'll announce some fucking ludicrous sponsor. Andrex - Official toilet roll provider to Fergie's shitter. £30m.

I was eating some chips(crisps) the other day. Pringles wannabes and read the back: "official sponsor of Manchester United" threw it out asap.

Kidding, they were good.

Surely Rooney would have to go to get Falcao?! Or will he just be played in midfield?

FFP won't stop you, you'll announce some fucking ludicrous sponsor. Andrex - Official toilet roll provider to Fergie's shitter. £30m.

Don't be jealous, you're still the pioneers of exceptionally shady sponsor deals with figures plucked out of thin air to avoid the FFP regulations. Nobody can ever take that away from you.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho believes Juventus can complete a comeback in tonight’s Champions League game against Bayern Munich.

The Old Lady will go into the quarter-final tie 2-0 down after a comprehensive first leg defeat in Germany.

But Mourinho has told the Bianconeri that his side’s loss at Galatasaray on Tuesday proves that ties last 180 minutes.

“If Juventus believed before watching this game tonight, then they should believe even more now,” the former Inter boss noted.

“And Juve tactician Antonio Conte will be the first to believe.”

Would someone please show him our lineup.

Arnie

To be fair, if the fucking Metro even hinted at Falcao to my club in a throwaway inch I'd have my cock out, so you lot are well within your rights to go mental.

Saying that, Falcao isn't going to United.

fuenf

After sleeping on it I would like to congratulate Dortmund-GAF. You guys deserve it. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and let my anger take the better of me. The more german sides in the semis the better. A Bayern Dortmund final would be hilarious... If anything Dortmunds has made me really nervous about the Juve game. The season could turn into an instant failure today... Dortmund got lucky with their crazy ass finish, tho. Now everybody is amazed by their heroics, but nobody seems to remember that they played fucking MALAGA. They were supposed to win!

FootballFan

After sleeping on it I would like to congratulate Dortmund-GAF. You guys deserve it. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and let my anger take the better of me. The more german sides in the semis the better. A Bayern Dortmund final would be hilarious... If anything Dortmunds has made me really nervous about the Juve game. The season could turn into an instant failure today... Dortmund got lucky with their crazy ass finish, tho. Now everybody is amazed by their heroics, but nobody seems to remember that they played fucking MALAGA. They were supposed to win!

Not really. If I were a betting man, which I am not, I wouldn't have been against betting for Malaga to progress. They have one of the best defenses in Europe believe it or not.

Dortmund are a stronger team, but it wouldn't have been a big upset if Malaga eliminated them imo.

Sloane

Banned
Teams in terms of how beatable they are to us (imho):
Madrid (after yesterday and the games in the group)/Bayern (know'em too well)
PSG (mercs team, no real team spirit despite very skillful, experienced individuals)
Juve (very organized, experienced, Italian curse)
UEFAlona (cunts, thieves, cheaters, Messi)
I'd like to play Barcelona next. Don't care for PSG and don't wanna see Bayern or Madrid again although Real actually does seem beatable.

Blablurn

I agree. I guess people are still underestimating Dortmund. Good win, great win but it's Dortmund and they are pretty pretty strong. Definitely up with there with the big boys.

Messi

Spain I am balls deep inside of you. Standing in line at the camp nou to get my damn ticket! Fuccck yeaaaa!

I gots internet

That Falcao story sounds like planted posturing from him/Atletico so that people get a move on with securing a deal for him.

I'd lose it if we did sign him for £50m but then we'd just lose to Everton on the opening day of the season and we'll all wonder why we didnt spend it on Ilkay instead.

More sources (now Spanish newspaper) is saying Marina Granovskaia is in full force out negotiating with Mourinho, now in Spain. pls

Cornelius to Stoke :lol

"How to end your career in 15 minutes - the Michael Owen way"

Like he will want to go to Stoke, they probably won't even spit up half the money we will demand.

More sources (now Spanish newspaper) is saying Marina Granovskaia is in full force out negotiating with Mourinho, now in Spain. pls

Like he will want to go to Stoke, they probably won't even spit up half the money we will demand.

They're Stoke. They'll pay whatever it takes, then whinge about a lack of funds come October

Top Bottom