• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Padoin is going to be our right WB.

Who the fuck is Padoin?

Where's José Martín Cáceres Silva? USE JOSE MARTIN CACERES SILVA!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
3 - Bayern Munich have only won 3 of their 12 away games against Italian sides in the Champions League. Boot.

Well they don't need to 'win'. A draw or one away goal is enough.

Linius

Juve will come up to 3-0, then Bayern scores in the 90+3 minute and Juventus am cry. That's how those Germans roll usually.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f4%2fEurope's-Fastes-Hatricks.jpg

Kill yourselves Torino.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Christian Panucci on his former teammate Vucinic:

“You know immediately whether he’s going to have a good or a bad game. He needs to do something special right at the start to get into the game.

“When he gets frustrated, you have to make sure he remains calm.”

Panucci added that Vucinic needs to be made to feel important and motivated in the right way.

“Juventus boss Antonio Conte is good at stimulating his players, he transmits his belief in them,” the former stopper added.

“I would stimulate him by telling him to win the game for me. Because Mirko is that kind of player. If he is in the mood then he can make the difference with his class.

“I remember some mad Champions League performances from him while we were at Roma, against Chelsea and Manchester United

“Vucinic can add the finishing touch, but he’ll also need the help of the entire side

It's like dealing with a fucking Gremlin.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gold

Genoa fans who raised €70,000 for a sick child have been told that it was all a scam masterminded by the boy’s father.

The man asked representatives of the Gradinata Nord to collect donations for a five-year-old who they were told was seriously ill.

Now, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport, the child was in good health apart from a mild form of asthma.

The authorities in the port city have managed to recover about €27,000 from the alleged fraudster.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8628986/WhoScored-Feature

Article on the effectiveness of Welbeck and whether he deserves to be a starter for big games.

WelbeckDefeats_2927203.jpg

However, questions can be asked as to whether he offers enough of a threat going forward to make Ferguson's sacrifice of one of his more creative outlets worthwhile.
When playing from wide, he doesn't offer the qualities of a traditional winger. He's only delivered three accurate crosses in the league all season and completed just 0.8 dribbles per game. The theory is that the work that he puts in should allow the likes of van Persie and Rooney more freedom to get the goals, and up until the derby it seemed to have worked.

The three have only started six league games together and, prior to the defeat to Manchester City on Monday, they had won every time. Indeed the only other time when the trio have all played from kick-off this season was in the Bernabeu, with a rare Welbeck goal earning an excellent away draw.

That match, however, was the only time that Ferguson had opted to start all three against a real top side before the game against City, with the manager often leaving out one of Rooney or Van Persie when he does opt to play Welbeck. The England man has become a similar figure to that of James Milner for their rivals in that sense, chosen for his commitment and willing running in key matches, though it hasn't always paid off.

In fact, in the eight matches that Welbeck has started against 'top' opposition in all competitions this season, United have won just once - against Liverpool in the league. The forward has started in defeats to Everton, Real Madrid, City and Chelsea twice, as well as the aforementioned draw in Madrid and a stalemate at Tottenham. As the image above shows, United have only lost nine times all season, and Welbeck has started seven of those matches.

Fry

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We ain't gonna see a Rimontona.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

You two faced fuck!

I've decided to move to a more balanced diet, and eat more vegetables. Recommend me meals with a focus on chicken and peppers.

Fajitas
Stir fry
Spanish chicken
Curry

What else is there?

Kenka

Wonder when we got the role for the "bad guy"
...van Gaal ? Robben ? Ribéry ? All were or are linked to Bayern. And you make a mild bad guy in comparison to Real who stole hundreds of millions from the state finances and starves the rest of the league, along with Barcelona.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pulis:

“If I had an open chequebook and someone said you can have Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale, people of that ilk, fine – they would suit my style brilliantly. But we’re Stoke City and we work within a budget we can afford.”

Fady K

Man, major congrats to Dortmund and sorry for all the Malaga fans all over the world because that is one of the most CRUEL ways to get knocked out of what would have been their first semi-final in years I believe, if not ever?

Anyway - all these offside goals being counted in the last couple of weeks in the Champions League alone is a testament that football NEEDS video replay technology. Get with the times, UEFA and FIFA!

New rule: never talk about the club you support. Sorry Fady. You can't talk about anyone.

I missed the conversation when this was mentioned. What was this about Wil :p?

You, Fady and Messi are cool.

Always loved you Wooden :D

nice! nice dedication!

btw, de bruynes girlfriend cheated on him with the keeper of atletico madrid during the winter break lol

3,w=650,c=0,view=.bild.jpeg

Is this true? SMH if so. Will be awkward if they both go back to Chelsea someday.

Spain I am balls deep inside of you. Standing in line at the camp nou to get my damn ticket! Fuccck yeaaaa!

I gots internet

Enjoy Messi! Ask a reliable person over there about Messi's fitness :p

Hahahaha, we won yesterday :D

Congrats man, I can't imagine the happiness you must have felt. By the way when I entered the living room to check up on the matches it was 1-2 for less than a minute haha. I stuck around for 3 minutes and the comeback was complete. Couldn't believe it.

Fady K

As for tonight's games...I pray Messi recovers. (PSG might not be able to use Thiago Silva - big miss if so, and Matuidi is suspended).

And for Bayern + Juve? It will be a lot tougher for Juve without Lich and Vidal but if they remain solid and counter well enough, who knows? If Arsenal were able to almost knock Bayern out of the competition at the Allianz Arena with players that are not as superior in quality to Juve's, then maybe Juve can have a good chance as well. As for Bayern themselves, they are an amazing team these days, and in my eyes the strongest team in the Champions League currently.

Clegg

Fergie:

Fail to win the league - Buy a new striker

Win the League - Buy a new striker

Knocked out of CL - Buy a new striker

Knocked out of FA Cup - Buy a new striker

Desperately need a CM - Convert from striker

Top Bottom