• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Fady K

Sure Bayern messed up, but missing countless chances happens with any big team day in day out. It is also normal for it to happen when the opposition is mostly defending. I love how people all act like it was down to Bayern messing up. It was partly that, and partly because CECH HAD THE GAME OF HIS LIFE :) Also, Drogba with a predatory finish.

Just because a team possesses and misses chance after chance for the majority of the game doesn't mean much anymore - and I say that as a fan of Barcelona as well.

bud

Apparently the rumours are that Sylvie is with Ibra now. This soap :lol

no way, haha.

vdv is married to sylvie
boulahrouz is married to, uh, his wife

sylvie and wife are good friends

vdv splits up with sylvie
boulahrouz splits up with his wife

vdv hooks up with boulahrouz's wife

sylvie hooks up with ibra

(ibra already dated her when he was at ajax, right?)

what is this

Fady K

Because:

1. Robben
2. You changed the back 4 with 5 minutes to go

Hello there Ushojax :] I hope all is well with you bro.

Just some points from my end:

1) I don't blame Robben one bit for Bayern's loss. His penalty miss was down to some luck, and it happens to the best of them. If it wasn't for Robben - Bayern would not have been in the final in the first place. In fact, Robben was also the reason they were in the final in 2009/2010 after his goal knocked out Manchester United.

2) That was not a wise move much, but at the same time they added more defenders and it should have helped them but the corner went against them and that was that. They still had the better attackers and defenders for 35 minutes after drogba equalized. Not much of an excuse in my opinion.

Linius

no way, haha.

vdv is married to sylvie
boulahrouz is married to, uh, his wife

sylvie and wife are good friends

vdv splits up with sylvie
boulahrouz splits up with his wife

vdv hooks up with boulahrouz's wife

sylvie hooks up with ibra

(ibra already dated her when he was at ajax, right?)

what is this

Don't know about that last part. But I do know Ibra and VDV aren't the best of friends :p

Blablurn

Hello there Ushojax :] I hope all is well with you bro.

Just some points from my end:

1) I don't blame Robben one bit for Bayern's loss. His penalty miss was down to some luck, and it happens to the best of them. If it wasn't for Robben - Bayern would not have been in the final in the first place. In fact, Robben was also the reason they were in the final in 2009/2010 after his goal knocked out Manchester United.

2) That was not a wise move much, but at the same time they added more defenders and it should have helped them but the corner went against them and that was that. They still had the better attackers and defenders for 35 minutes after drogba equalized. Not much of an excuse in my opinion.

we should seriously stop giving robben creddits for what he did in 2009/2010 lol

willy01xxt.gif

Poor Willy being on the edge of ripping the head off one of those Dortmund cunts lol

Fady K

we should seriously stop giving robben creddits for what he did in 2009/2010 lol

I know he had a mostly so-so year after that due to his injuries but I thought he was the best Bayern player against Juve man ;D MOTM performance. He's still got it :]

Fady K

Looking to the next few years of football, which set of fans should be the happiest?

Bayern Munichs' fans. They are this awesome BEFORE Guardiola arrives for at least three years :0

Even at Barcelona Pep never had a contract that was over a year long I believe.

Blablurn

I think Kahn was a better keeper than Neuer, even though Manuel has many years ahead of him.

no doubt, kahn was a beast. what a great keeper. and it might be tough back then but the world cup final 2002 made him more human lol. he even admitted that himself. and with him in the goal, germany would have won in 2006.

Fady K

no doubt, kahn was a beast. what a great keeper. and it might be tough back then but the world cup final 2002 made him more human lol. he even admitted that himself. and with him in the goal, germany would have won in 2006.

He really was brilliant. Even the goals he conceded in 2002 were not his fault as far as I remember. And it was Ronaldo who scored both, tough challenge t stop a player like him at his peak.

bjaelke

Swiss Ramble ‏@SwissRamble 1m
Tottenham Hotspur 2012 full accounts have been published: loss before tax £7.3m (2011 profit before tax £0.4m) #THFC

Time to cash-in on Bale.

Nyx

I used to hate Kahn just because he is German.

Nowadays I don't hate Germans anymore, might be due to finding out my ancestors are from Berlin lol.

Blablurn

Kahn was an incredible keeper but come on, hating him was very easy. He was a maniac on the field. 2006 showed he had class, though. Fucking Klinsmann lol

I like him for the ZDF work, too. He's spot on most of the time.

he was a maniac till 2002. but afterwards he became quite soft lol

WJD

I think Kahn was a better keeper than Neuer, even though Manuel has many years ahead of him. The problem with Kahn was that he was very in-your-face with some of his comments.

I didn't think you were watching football at the time Kahn was about, Fady?

Fry

I didn't think you were watching football at the time Kahn was about, Fady?

I didn't watch football all that constantly in that period, but it was well easy to know he was a beast. Everyone talked about how he was the best in the world by distance.

I remember the brazil x germany final. I thought he was going to keep brazil of scoring, but Ronaldo put two past him. fucking legend.

Wasn't germany keeping a clean sheet in every match before the final, or am I wrong?

Clegg

Spurs lost £20m in revenue due due to not making the CL this year.

Swiss Ramble ‏@SwissRamble 8m

#THFC revenue dropped 12% from last year’s record £163.5m to £144.2m, which is still 6th highest in England and 13th highest in the world.

Main reason for #THFC £19.3m revenue fall is going from Champions to Europa, cutting prize money & gate receipts by £30.7m (37.1m to 6.4m).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Swiss Ramble ‏@SwissRamble 1m
Tottenham Hotspur 2012 full accounts have been published: loss before tax £7.3m (2011 profit before tax £0.4m) #THFC

Time to cash-in on Bale.

Time to qualify for the CL.
So ahead of last night's fixture, Mourinho made his players sit through a video of Spurs' second leg match at the San Siro, in which they almost came unstuck.

Tottenham lost 3-0 after 90 minutes, but Emmanuel Adebayor scored a crucial goal in extra-time, and while Inter pulled one back to win 4-1, they lost when the 4-4 scoreline was decided by the away goals rule.

dat partnership

Top Bottom