• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

bjaelke

Spurs lost £20m in revenue due due to not making the CL this year.

€25.1m to be exact.

BHfWogKCAAE3D0B.jpg:large

Fady K

I didn't think you were watching football at the time Kahn was about, Fady?

Hey there WJD. How have you been?

I was watching international football back since France 98 - though I didn't care one bit for club football until January 2011 - the same time Chelsea bought Fernando Torres (a complete coincidence haha).

Fady is pretty freakn old. :lol

I'm not thaaaaaat old :p I turn 28 this September ;0

L1NETT

Jesus. Bury say they'll be out of business in a matter of days unless they get £1million in external investment

From Twitter.

Holy crap. Thank god we are stable financially now, can see loads of clubs going this way soon.

Randdalf

From Twitter.

Holy crap. Thank god we are stable financially now, can see loads of clubs going this way soon.

Talking of clubs going "this way", it's Portsmouth are in the high court today. If we win our case, the fans will own the club and Fratton Park.

Kenka

Clegg

Swiss Ramble ‏@SwissRamble 1m

#THFC finances will be boosted in 2012/13 season by hefty player sales, e.g. Modric to Real Madrid and Van der Vaart to Hamburg.

Suen

(in response to Suen): Real Madrid and Bayern are like the same team in a sense, but between the two of them I'll take Bayern any day of any week because they don't maliciously inhibit the progress of the league by slurping up all of its TV money.

Order of big teams from PL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga that have my respect:

1) Dortmund
2) Juventus
3) Man Utd
4) Bayern
5) Arsenal

:D

6) Milan
7) Chelsea
8) Barcelona
9) Atletico Madrid
10) PSG
11) Inter
12) Real

I have no opinion on City, Spurs, Valencia, Malaga, Napoli as they aren't major European contenders. Though all of those teams are still more preferable to Real and Barça.

:(

I do agree though that the monopoly Madrid and Barca has on the TV money is horrible, it affects the league, it makes it harder for other teams to be as competetive and most of all it gives Barca and Madrid a huge advantage. It's ugly.

Suen

willy01xxt.gif

Poor Willy being on the edge of ripping the head off one of those Dortmund cunts lol
Harsh and undeserved. Have to say that this and the Schmelzer thing (which he should have received a yellow and thus a red card for) made me lose some respect fort Dortmund. Hope this is not how they usually act.

You can see that Gundogan purposely pushed the guy on Willy to be a cunt. The only fair resposnse to this is if Madrid defeats Dortmund and someone push Pepe on Gundogan the same way because we all know it will end up worse...for Gundamgan.

...van Gaal ? Robben ? Ribéry ? All were or are linked to Bayern. And you make a mild bad guy in comparison to Real who stole hundreds of millions from the state finances and starves the rest of the league, along with Barcelona.

Pique does not agree!

Pique: English football needs a rethink

Barcelona center back Gerard Pique has insisted that the Premier League must look to make changes following English football's failure in the Champions League this season.

For the first time since 1996 there are no sides from England in the quarterfinals of Europe's premier club competition, with Manchester United and Arsenal both failing to win respective ties against Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in the last 16.

Pique believes that the Premier League's elite clubs "get punished" over the split of television revenue, compared to the monopoly Barca and Real Madrid enjoy in La Liga, suggesting that English football needs to consider changes to compete with the best in Europe.

"Maybe English football needs a rethink," the Spain international told The Daily Telegraph. "They have gone from having three teams in the semis to now - none in the quarters."

He continued to explain, "The Premier League gets punished in relation to La Liga as the television money is more evenly distributed in England, but does that explain the difference with Madrid and Barcelona? Not totally perhaps. People say the league is more equal than La Liga but nonetheless United are 12 points clear of second place."

Asked whether it's a matter of the coaching methods being applied in English football, Pique added: "Maybe it is a coaching situation. I don't know. There is another way of looking at it, every club has to look at their reality. Do Arsenal have to renew their ideology or leadership?

"United win the league more often than not and always compete well in Europe, I don't understand why not this year. Manchester City are a similar project to Paris Saint-Germain, with lots of stars that might need time to settle. Every club has got questions to answer."

Harsh and undeserved. Have to say that this and the Schmelzer thing (which he should have received a yellow and thus a red card for) made me lose some respect fort Dortmund. Hope this is not how they usually act.

You can see that Gundogan purposely pushed the guy on Willy to be a cunt. The only fair resposnse to this is if Madrid defeats Dortmund and someone push Pepe on Gundogan the same way because we all know it will end up worse...for Gundamgan.

Eh he wasn't really pushing him at all, was just pulling him around and he made a jerking movement straight into him lol

Schmelzer was a cunt though.

Salazar

"United win the league more often than not and always compete well in Europe, I don't understand why not this year. Manchester City are a similar project to Paris Saint-Germain, with lots of stars that might need time to settle. Every club has got questions to answer."

We had the beating of those filthy scum, Gerard. Didn't you watch the match.

Kenka

You think we might have a repeat of the

1) Galata - Madrid scenario
2) Bayern - Arsenal scenario
3) Inter-Tottenham scenario
4) none of the above

?

Suen

Eh he wasn't really pushing him at all, was just pulling him around and he made a jerking movement straight into him lol

Schmelzer was a cunt though.
I wonder what kind of expression Gundo was making when he turned his face to look at Willy :lol

Ronaldo met Turkish Ronaldo.

Video of the copy cat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lslncqHWmjI#!

Video of Ronaldo meeting Ronaldo (he's so excited!): http://forgif.me/system/image/1895/image.gif

Messi would have killed him, boiled him, served him on a plate and then

As for tonight's games...I pray Messi recovers. (PSG might not be able to use Thiago Silva - big miss if so, and Matuidi is suspended).

Your ship will sink today by the power of Ibra's nose and Beckham's hair.

bjaelke

Cash-strapped Indonesian side Persibo laid themselves open to accusations of an appalling lack of sportsmanship last night when their AFC Cup match against Sunray Cave Sun Hei at Mong Kok Stadium was abandoned midway through the second half last night, with the visitors trailing 8-0 and down to six men.

With Sun Hei looking set to rack up their best score in international competition, Persibo players started falling like skittles after minimal contact with their opponents until they only had six players on the pitch. Seven is the minimum a side can continue playing with and referee Chaiya Mahapab of Thailand was left no option but to stop the match with 25 minutes left, and he awarded the match to the hosts.
This sounds a lot like me on FIFA.

Kenka

Always make me laugh when the Italian media refer to Bayern as "Bayern Monaco". I know it is correct, but still hilarious, especially when you know what turd the real Monaco currently is.

napoli-bayern-monaco-pepe.jpg

Nyx

I actually don't like any of ''the big clubs''.

My favs from the biggest leagues:

EPL : Aston Villa
La Liga : Atletico Madrid
Serie A : Napoli, Fiorentina
Bundesliga : Fortuna Dusseldorff, Hertha BSC (well next year again...)

Top Bottom