• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

People describe it as a rugby down but I thought I read that the Warriors have a smaller average attendance than Wigan Athletic.
They do.

But I think Wigan Warriors have one of the highest Super League average attendances - relative to the sport alot of people go to see their games. Alot of people go to Wigan's games because they are just so cheap and it's a chance to watch PL football.

I'm not surprised they can't be bothered to go down to Wembley.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@BettingGAF
and @TeamJuve #RealityCheck

Juventus have never qualified after losing the first leg of a European Cup game 2-0.

Juventus have beaten Bayern Munich on three occasions, but never by a two-goal margin. 1-0, 1-0 and 2-1.

In three home games against Bayern Munich, Juventus have kept one clean sheet.

-

Oh by the fucking way
Last season, Juventus moaned about a lack of spot-kicks after receiving just one in their first 32 League games, but that didn’t stop them becoming champions.

1 in 32. ONE! Inter's next penalty is going to be their 6th (or more) I think.

Lightning

Banned
They do.

But I think Wigan Warriors have one of the highest Super League average attendances - relative to the sport alot of people go to see their games. Alot of people go to Wigan's games because they are just so cheap and it's a chance to watch PL football.

I'm not surprised they can't be bothered to go down to Wembley.
Extremely disappointing as it could be years before Wigan get another opportunity like this. Their fans should respect that and travel to support. Wigan do well for their size.

Kyoufu

Last time we finished 5th in the league and were knocked out of the following Europa League campaign, it was to a Portuguese club.

:(

Extremely disappointing as it could be years before Wigan get another opportunity like this. Their fans should respect that and travel to support. Wigan do well for their size.
I don't think it's really that disappointing.

Their average attendance is like 16k, 17k?

They're hitting quite a bit above that for this game.

Would you really want Boateng at Dortmund? Always thought he was wildly overrated.

Klopp rates him highly and wanted him back in 2009. Boateng also wanted to stay but he joined Portsmouth because we couldn't afford the 4.5m Tottenham wanted.

That sounds very strange today but also shows what a long way we've gone in only a few years.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think it's really that disappointing.

Their average attendance is like 16k, 17k?

They're hitting quite a bit above that for this game.
Barely above it. They've sold less than 21k which is disappointing in my opinion since some of their fans need to realise it could be 10+ years before they get another chance. This is not like a league game where there's always next week or their club is Manchester or Chelsea where the wait isn't that long. They're Wigan.

Barely above it. They've sold less than 21k which is disappointing in my opinion since some of their fans need to realise it could be 10+ years before they get another chance. This is not like a league game where there's always next week or their club is Manchester or Chelsea where the wait isn't that long. They're Wigan.
80k people live in that city man. Alot of them probably support Liverpool or United too.

It really isn't that bad a showing for a 400 mile round trip.

L1NETT

To be fair to Wigan, it would have been the other way around if the game had been at OT. Also, when Millwall played Sunderland at OT a couple of years back, they didn't sell out their allocation. It's a question of proximity as well as size.

Game should never be at Wembley anyway, Villa Park is ideal. Anyway, bigger clubs have already been to Wembley this season ;-)

article_30217aa44b9107e6_1361796002_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Arnie

United ruined RVP, they'll do the same to Falcao.

Spent 30 minutes today watching videos of Klopp, and Gotze, and Reus. Lovely club. Would love it if we developed a standing Kop on the scale of the yellow wall. One of the nicest sights in football, that.

Tried some Nando's Peri Peri sauce (medium).

Too spicy for me.
Huh?

You lemon (and herb).

Had a burrito with hot salsa on for lunch and it was absolutely gorgeous. Burnt my mouth for a while but I got through it with a bottle of water.

Meier

80k people live in that city man. Alot of them probably support Liverpool or United too.

It really isn't that bad a showing for a 400 mile round trip.

I think they probably expect they'll win this match too. Should have a better turnout for the Final.

Apparently Spurs are in the poll position to sign Son for perhaps as little as €10m. That'd be a nice price.

deGod

United ruined RVP, they'll do the same to Falcao.

Spent 30 minutes today watching videos of Klopp, and Gotze, and Reus. Lovely club. Would love it if we developed a standing Kop on the scale of the yellow wall. One of the nicest sights in football, that.

United should just sign the Dortmund midfield would solve all our problems, oh and Isco

I do agree though that the monopoly Madrid and Barca has on the TV money is horrible, it affects the league, it makes it harder for other teams to be as competetive and most of all it gives Barca and Madrid a huge advantage. It's ugly.

That's a bit unfair for Madrid and Barça. People want to see those 2 teams, no one cares about Real Sociedad or Levante. TV already said that their % share on matches outside of Madrid and Barça are very bad and they can't barely sold them to international TV's. It's harsh but that's the reality, Madrid and Barça already said that they won't get more money for TV so any surplus on the next year will go to other teams.

Also there's a lot of mismanagement on spanish teams. Sevilla did more than 100 million euros on transfers in the last years. Alves, Ramos and a few other brought lot of money to Sevilla F.C with very little investment.

Where the fuck is that money? I think is very clear is was not invested on players... and Del Nido, actual Sevilla president has been condemned of fraud...

Arnie

United should just sign the Dortmund midfield would solve all our problems, oh and Isco

Kagawa and Sahin are eternal reminders of why leaving Dortmund is a bad idea.

One got his move back to the club through the most fortunate of circumstances, Kagawa probably won't be so lucky. Can imagine him last night, sat in his lonely Salford flat, on his tod, telly on, eyes moist.

Meanwhile, in Dortmund, in that stadium, celebrating with those fans...

One got his move back to the club through the most fortunate of circumstances, Kagawa probably won't be so lucky. Can imagine him last night, sat in his lonely Salford flat, on his tod, telly on, eyes moist.

:lol :lol :lol

It's a shame Soi-Fong isn't around anymore to bite.

High expectations Shinji's dad won't be pleased.

Carbonox

Ben Arfa could appear against Benfica. Not sure if it will be a good idea unless he's absolutely positively ready. Would rather save his return for the Sunderland leg seeing as we ain't going through to the Europa semi's.

WJD

If we signed Falcao I'd film myself shitting on a plate and eating it with a knife and fork (or a straw depending on the consistency) and post the video on GAF.

Meier

So, Rooney bang on to leave?

This is just paper talk to get Madrid, Chelsea or City to formally make a bid. Literally within the past week Falcao himself was quoted as saying no offers had been made yet. Atletico have always stated they'll happily sell him if his valuation is met. Marca are not known for their accuracy.

Meier

Found this article I read the other day:

Reported Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid target Falcao claims to have received 'no concrete offers' for a potential transfer.

The Atletico Madrid superstar is one of the best strikers in the world and is expected to make a multi-million pound move in the summer.

But Falcao, who is under contract until 2016, has not had any serious approach from interested clubs.

Speaking to Argentine radio show Rock & Closs, he said: "I have received no concrete offers to leave Atletico Madrid. I have three years of contract with Atletico."

Falcao was also asked to choose who was the better player between Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

He said: "I would not choose between Messi and Ronaldo. They are both great players."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-City-and-Real-Madrid-yet-to-make-Falcao-move

This is a non story. Get your cocks back in United fans, lest they get cut off.

This is just paper talk to get Madrid, Chelsea or City to formally make a bid. Literally within the past week Falcao himself was quoted as saying no offers had been made yet. Atletico have always stated they'll happily sell him if his valuation is met. Marca are not known for their accuracy.

marca_275x155.jpg

Top Bottom