• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Bwahaha pulga must be feeling like evita with all this cunts crying for mercy

Not crying for Pulga if he had done something actually bad, that is a bullshit post to get banned for, I can assure you that I'm throwing up in thigh thick streams at the mere sight of your name though.

Wilbur

Banned
Thoughts on tonight:

- Juventus are suffering from a few things: the core of their team is so good (i.e. their back four and their centre mids) but because they lack a top quality centre forward they're effectively pretty blunt. Other problems are playing wide players who are far better at defending than attacking; Asamoah and Licht are great but they don't have wing thrust, just defensive diligence. Conte's doing an opposite of Pep as well and forgetting all about tactical variation. Didnt have a plan b over the two legs. Transfers/an in form Isla/a fit Pepe could have helped.

- Bayern look great. Really do. Not a weakness anywhere on the pitch visibly. The only thing that'll beat them is themselves. They can't start thinking about what happened with Chelsea or they'll commit seppuku. Mandzukic is fucking awesome by the way; Fry why would you ever want that cunt Gomez over him?

- PSG looked the better side over two legs. Brave in attack, played a lot of offensive players, looked to close down space and quickly. Good team to watch and confirms Ancelotti is still a top tier manager. Chelsea were lucky to have him. Lucas looks boss.

- Barca didn't really endear themselves tonight. Needed Messi on to make a difference, crowding the ref near the end a tad, playing their boring keep ball near the end (although that's a personal preference thing and understandable). Still, looked brittle in defence and blunt without Messi.

I'm torn. On one hand I want Madrid vs Bayern and Barca vs Dortmund because I think Madrid could have the better if they play on the counter, and likewise Dortmund, and then I wouldn't mind either team winning in the final. On the other hand I want Bayern vs Barca because then one of the teams I don't want to win will knock the other out.

iRRUVkzBIlyeS.gif

ibxNmLUwZm86kS.gif

Kyoufu

He came on and PSG shat themselves and started playing way worse, where as our players started playing normal again. Plus he was very involved in our goal. Stepped 2 players, nice pass to Villa, who let Pedro have a smash at it.

OK?

Goes to you too Hitcher.

But Pedro wasn't even given any credit. Hmph!

rodvik

Some of us are only here to shit on other posters. You know with football being dead and all, that's all we have left.

Me too. I report each of you daily (except wes and Awesome Animals).

I dont think the mods take me seriously anymore, the last message I got was "thats cute, send us a picture of your knob and we might ban him" :(

Meier

With the freedom of Cee You Next Tuesday you guys have around here I'm surprised anyone could even get banned.

There is a lot of banter in here. I can see how if you're unfamiliar with the thread, it may be hard to tell. It probably comes across harsher since most of the posters are European too and they're more liberal with swear words.

I've never encountered someone reporting someone who didn't interact with them though.. that just seems really petty. I'm pretty sure if Pulga was a Barca fan, Oimee wouldn't have tried to get him banned.

Fry

- Bayern look great. Really do. Not a weakness anywhere on the pitch visibly. The only thing that'll beat them is themselves. They can't start thinking about what happened with Chelsea or they'll commit seppuku. Mandzukic is fucking awesome by the way; Fry why would you ever want that cunt Gomez over him?

He has won me over over the last weeks. It took time but he did. He's really hard working and will barely miss a goal.

Buuut.. he doesn't score much in the CL. That was his second goal IIRC. Gomez came second to Messi in the last two editions. Maybe I wish he'd played more instead of him.

But Pizza has been incredible, so I really don't mind who'll play in the semis. I'm good with either.

Keio

For a Finer World
He did prove he is one of the greats tonight, no question. Also Barca have been dodgy call free this year as well. They would be worthy champions.
Agree, on a delay Mourinho's paranoia was contagious and now it's hard for us to catch a break. Which is ok as long as opposing calls go right...

Messi is just amazing. As long as he's not seriously injured Barca are favorites.

Embarrassed by Alba antics. Looked really bad live.

fuenf

I'm torn. On one hand I want Madrid vs Bayern and Barca vs Dortmund because I think Madrid could have the better if they play on the counter, and likewise Dortmund, and then I wouldn't mind either team winning in the final. On the other hand I want Bayern vs Barca because then one of the teams I don't want to win will knock the other out.

traitor!

Wilbur

Banned
And for once, the Champions League reflects the true strength of teams. The four best in the world right now are in the semi finals, and that's really great to see.

If I had to make a top ten, both of tonight's beaten quarter finalists would be in there as well.

And Man Utd #haterzneednotapply

And for once, the Champions League reflects the true strength of teams. The four best in the world right now are in the semi finals, and that's really great to see.

If I had to make a top ten, both of tonight's beaten quarter finalists would be in there as well.

Dortmund could barely beat Malaga, wouldn't be too sure to say they are in the top 4 in the world... Or Europe.

jtb

Banned

when was the last time it didn't reflect the true strength of teams? I mean, if they got to the semis, clearly they're doing something right...

rodvik

Agree, on a delay Mourinho's paranoia was contagious and now it's hard for us to catch a break. Which is ok as long as opposing calls go right...

Messi is just amazing. As long as he's not seriously injured Barca are favorites.

Embarrassed by Alba antics. Looked really bad live.

Lets hope that never happens. He doesnt play for my team or country but damn he is a joy to watch.

fuenf

Seeing the recap of the Dortmund events, I kinda want Bayern to play them. It reminds of Bayern last season when they beat Madrid. They are celebrating like they already won the cup.

FootballFan

There is a lot of banter in here. I can see how if you're unfamiliar with the thread, it may be hard to tell. It probably comes across harsher since most of the posters are European too and they're more liberal with swear words.

In New Zealand some people use cunt in a sentence as a compliment.

Person A:"I donated 20$ to the red cross bro"

Person B:"Ah what a good cunt, good on you"

Kyoufu

Now that these meaningless CL games are out of the way, it's time to focus our attention on THE BIGGEST GAME OF THIS BUSINESS.

Watch out Lambda. Ben Arfa's coming for you!

Koko

Banned
Thoughts on tonight:

- PSG looked the better side over two legs. Brave in attack, played a lot of offensive players, looked to close down space and quickly. Good team to watch and confirms Ancelotti is still a top tier manager. Chelsea were lucky to have him. Lucas looks boss.

I wouldn't mind Michelangelo in Madrid if Mourinho leaves.

Wilbur

Banned
I was very dismissive of PSG when they qualified for the CL. I thought they were a team of mercenaries who wouldn't go far in the competition.

I was completely wrong about that. They played good football and showed a lot of resolve against Barca. Very impressed by them.

Makes you wonder if they and Malaga can do it, why can't City?

FootballFan

I love my Moura. I told you guys he was worth every single penny, but no he is going to flop blablablablabla. Get bent cunts!

I always believed man. He drives forward and inbetween defenders like Messi does. No fear.

Sandro, you know what to do. Pedro +50m for Lucas.

Top Bottom