• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Great post, hope that wasn't a perm for you Junior.

Vbd3cL2.jpg

I'm out.

hhahahahaha hilarious

Keio

For a Finer World
Now that these meaningless CL games are out of the way, it's time to focus our attention on THE BIGGEST GAME OF THIS BUSINESS.

Watch out Lambda. Ben Arfa's coming for you!
Is Ben Arfa playing? 2•0 comeback at home isn't impossible. Howay the lads!

Holy shit I just realized that RichieS99 was that guy who posted a long time ago and said he was a Rubin Kazan fan. Noooooo, my Russian League bro! Now it's just me again. At least Rondon will honour his memory by eliminating Chelsea tomorrow.

Clegg

Makes you wonder if they and Malaga can do it, why can't City?

I think their respective managers have a bit to do with it. Mancini is decent but Ancelotti seems to have a better grasp of how to set out his teams and motivate them for European games.

And PSG have spent their money better imo. City have assembled an impressive list of players but have glaring weakness in some areas. Toure is a great CM but Milner and Barry don't offer much going forward or when asked to play a technically astute game. They were badly exposed in European competition.

Whereas Verratti is very technically gifted and thrived in both games against Barca. Ibra, Pastore and Lavezzi carry a great attacking threat and Moura is dynamite down the wings. Thats another area where City are lacking. Their only winger is Scott Sinclair ffs. When the game becomes constricted through the middle they have no quality option on the wings to change the flow of the game.

Wilbur

Banned
He has won me over over the last weeks. It took time but he did. He's really hard working and will barely miss a goal.

Buuut.. he doesn't score much in the CL. That was his second goal IIRC. Gomez came second to Messi in the last two editions. Maybe I wish he'd played more instead of him.

But Pizza has been incredible, so I really don't mind who'll play in the semis. I'm good with either.

He's a better player than Gomez though. Occupied the centre backs so well in these two games, just hustled and harried them out of everything. Really like him, liked him at the Euros as well.

#gtfo #yolo #momo #sissoko

I miss my broski Elsk!

I stopped posting here when he got banned!

EDIT: Actually I stopped when Kermit left. Thread isn't the same without him.

So you only like the assholes

Dortmund could barely beat Malaga, wouldn't be too sure to say they are in the top 4 in the world... Or Europe.

And Barca barely beat PSG, Madrid barely beat Gala, Bayern barely beat fucking ARSENAL. Come on bro don't do that cunt thing where we base a teams strengths on one game

when was the last time it didn't reflect the true strength of teams? I mean, if they got to the semis, clearly they're doing something right...

Don't tell me Chelsea were the best team in Europe last year. Just don't.

I wouldn't mind Michelangelo in Madrid if Mourinho leaves.

Would be a great choice. Works well under heirarchies as well, as proven at PSG, Chelsea and Milan.

Because Mancini is a shit coach.

#freepulga

Because of Mancini.

[1] shit team.
[2] shit manager.

pick two.

o yer

Carbonox

If he plays tomorrow he won't on Sunday. Bet on it.

TBH I'd rather he didn't play if he's not fit, he wasn't against Anzi and he was shite

Agreed. I'd rather we keep him for the Sunderland game. 5 minutes of glory and then bam, he's out until 2015. No matter as we'd have won.

Agreed. I'd rather we keep him for the Sunderland game. 5 minutes of glory and then bam, he's out until 2015. No matter as we'd have won.

Honestly, I wouldn't give a fuck if his last act for us was scoring a late screamer to win the game against the Mackems.

That or a hat-trick in a 7-0 hammering.

Wilbur

Banned
I think their respective managers have a bit to do with it. Mancini is decent but Ancelotti seems to have a better grasp of how to set out his teams and motivate them for European games.

And PSG have spent their money better imo. City have assembled an impressive list of players but have glaring weakness in some areas. Toure is a great CM but Milner and Barry don't offer much going forward or when asked to play a technically astute game. They were badly exposed in European competition.

Whereas Verratti is very technically gifted and thrived in both games against Barca. Ibra, Pastore and Lavezzi carry a great attacking threat and Moura is dynamite down the wings. Thats another area where City are lacking. Their only winger is Scott Sinclair ffs. When the game becomes constricted through the middle they have no quality option on the wings to change the flow of the game.

I don't think Mancini is shit to be honest. He's decent to good (certainly out thought Fergie in the majority of derbies :/), but yeah Ancelotti is better. Good European track record as well.

Surprised me how brave PSG were. Five attacking players if you don't count Thiago Motta. Good team. Quite like them.

It helps they haven't won anything yet :lol

Gambit

Seeing the recap of the Dortmund events, I kinda want Bayern to play them. It reminds of Bayern last season when they beat Madrid. They are celebrating like they already won the cup.

We could kick Götze, Gündogan and Hummels in the league game to make sure they won't be playing against us in the CL. And it wouldn't have any consequences!

Sammer is awesome. Amazing interview.

ach, darn it. I watched sky and missed him.

Top Bottom