• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Meier

Look how he's provided 3 trophies in 2 seasons. Back to back wins at Old Trafford (THE hardest place to win IMO), how we're off to Wembley again.
He's shit.

He has earned respect and gratitude from fans, but there is room for improvement. I think his attitude is a real problem. He is too combative with players and his other coaches. I think if he toned things down a bit, it would be a benefit to everyone.

Blablurn

Don't think Bayern need anyone on paper, but of course you need to keep moving forward. Top tier striker I suppose instead of the good/very good ones you have now, so I'd expect bids for Falcao and Suarez.

When's Badstuber back?

not in the near future. like kroos he is out for the rest of the season.

Wilbur

Banned
Haha somehow knew you'd reply. Don't really have favourites tbh but Wooden, Bud, you, Andres, Hitcher and arkon have the posts I like to read the most.

Now someone will quote and say "what about me?". No you aren't in the list, cunt. Forgot Lightning.

loooooooooool

wot bout pulga or omiee or richie

the holy trinity

the father
the son
the holy cunt

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte :

“I think that the best team went through, which they proved in both legs. This side has been working together for a long time and always reaches the latter stages. They were created to win, so I don’t think it’s absurd to say this is the best Bayern team of all time.

“They are all very physical, work very hard and do so with quality. In football you have to be honest and tip your hat when you find stronger teams,” the Coach told Mediaset.

“This was an opportunity for us and we were basically newcomers to the Champions League after so many years out. We reached the quarter-finals, which in my view was something extraordinary.

“Now we know there is a long and pretty hard road to go on. That shouldn’t scare us, but it should help us keep our feet on the ground and not hear some talking about the Treble in pre-season. Those who say things like that have clearly never won anything in their lives.”

“When we were paired with Bayern, I said this was an opportunity for us to face an extremely strong side and understand the gap that separated us from the superpowers.

“What I liked the most was the attitude of the fans today, as they recognised what these lads have been doing. The applause at the final whistle was what the lads deserved, as they gave everything, but at times 110 per cent is not enough. I am very proud of the Juventus fans.”

The Bianconeri were certainly more aggressive than in the first leg and tried to counter-act Bayern’s pressing game, but the result was the same.

“It is inevitable when facing a side with the quality of Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic or Muller, they do not feel panicked under pressing and do not give the ball away. They welcome double-marking, as they can go past two in one go.

“We achieved a miracle last season by winning the Scudetto, so hopefully next year we can do something more in Europe, which would mean reaching the semi-final or Final – not to be sniffed at!

“I complimented the players and will be always grateful to them for the extraordinary things they have achieved in the last two years. We woke up from a wonderful dream, but are still in the top eight sides in Europe.

“We have something real to focus on now, as the Scudetto is there and we have to earn it.”

So.

In the past week, we've had Lambala come in after he's been stalking Koofoo for years. He also never forgot him, the cunt.

And today we've had a junior risk his account by being a snitch.

Ah, the fun we have in this family.

bud

Look how he's provided 3 trophies in 2 seasons. Back to back wins at Old Trafford (THE hardest place to win IMO), how we're off to Wembley again.
He's shit.

that has very little to do with mancini, and everything with the amount of money city have spent on new players.

r542xlt.jpg

he's been at city for a few years now, but city still look like a bunch of mercenaries who don't even seem to have a clue on how to operate as a team.

Clegg

Over the two legs we've seen what happens when you don't have a top class striker.

Juve can have Rooney for £35m.

Bayern too, if they want.

dc89

Honestly, he's not in the top tier of managers.

He gets his tactics all wrong in Europe and has been outclassed time and again in the CL.

Yes, this has to improve.

is one of those 3 the Community Shield?

Bane: Of course.

I bet Arsenal would kill for a Community Shield.

m He has earned respect and gratitude from fans, but there is room for improvement. I think his attitude is a real problem. He is too combative with players and his other coaches. I think if he toned things down a bit, it would be a benefit to everyone.

Yeah I think he needs to chill out a bit more too. But I think the height of his pent up anger and stuff was when his father was really in back in Italy. After a match he'd do his press duty and fly there and come back a day or two later. Gotta take it's toll.

Wilbur

Banned
He has earned respect and gratitude from fans, but there is room for improvement. I think his attitude is a real problem. He is too combative with players and his other coaches. I think if he toned things down a bit, it would be a benefit to everyone.

Needs to start taking the blame for his own mistakes as well. Never admits when he's fucked up, but all too happy to when other people do.

Keio

For a Finer World
No ET. Madrid would've still won cuz of away goals. If Gala scored 2 more (before Ronaldo's 2nd goal) they could've gone through though
My bad there, I thought a 4-1 would've been enough for ET. Derp. Still, appreciate the VERY LOUD and optimistic CIMBOM audience. Omg that was overwhelming.

Wilbur

Banned
Conte's a fucking boss. I hope he stays at Juventus forever and becomes their Fergie. Same with Klopp and Dortmund. All four are made for each other <3

well, looks like the suarez transfer is in the making.

I hope for a great young attacking midfield. Isco pls

Muller, Kroos and Shaqiri aren't enough you fucking CUNT GREEDY CUNT GIVE US THEM

Wes

venison crêpe
1,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

Bayern plans big transfer!

Rummenigge also confirmed that they wont be 5 or 6 new players. instead they will spend money on one big player.

Rooney to Bayern.
Lewandowski to United.
Remy to Newcastle.
Finnbogasson to Villa.
Falcao to Chelsea.
Bale to Madrid.
Hughes to Swansea.

fuenf

Conte's a fucking boss. I hope he stays at Juventus forever and becomes their Fergie. Same with Klopp and Dortmund. All four are made for each other <3

Muller, Kroos and Shaqiri aren't enough you fucking CUNT GREEDY CUNT GIVE US THEM

You can have Shaqiri in exchange for Shinji ;)

jtb

Banned
did City's coefficient improve this season or are they destined to get stuck with another difficult group next season?

dc89

Lolol Piers is such an insufferable dickhole.

:lol he's always having a go at my pal Samir.

that has very little to do with mancini, and everything with the amount of money city have spent on new players.

he's been at city for a few years now, but city still look like a bunch of mercenaries who don't even seem to have a clue on how to operate as a team.

Mancini doesn't get enough credit for what he has done though. He had to change the mentality of an entire club and much more. FORZA Mancini.

Timurid

:lol he's always having a go at my pal Samir.

Mancini doesn't get enough credit for what he has done though. He had to change the mentality of an entire club and much more. FORZA Mancini.

Have fun finishing last place in your UCL group every year. :p

did City's coefficient improve this season or are they destined to get stuck with another difficult group next season?

They are ranked 22nd in UEFA's team rankings. They will most likely be in pot 3 again next season. They still have an outside shot be in pot 2 but it's not likely.

SMD

Yeah, before they were a bunch of players bought together for huge fees and expected to perform individually.

Now they're an even more expensive bunch of players bought together for huges fees and expected to perform individually.

fuenf

fuck that. I want Bale at Bayern. awesome player but unfortunately he rots in a shitty league

noooooooooo. fuck that money whore. shaqiri is fucking awesome

kidding of course, Shaq rules. I do wonder what Shinji thinks about Dortmund's performance this season, tho.

I don't disagree with that. Mancini had been good at actually building a fairly good team now after the trainwreck Hughes left behind, even if you are flopping this season. But it's also pretty clear now that he isn't the man to take you high in Europe, so time to move on.

kidding of course, Shaq rules. I do wonder what Shinji thinks about Dortmund's performance this season, tho.

Imagine leaving Dortmund for a bench spot at United where 45 year olds are played ahead of you.

Kenka

Now that we have two Bundesliga teams in the semis, I think it is correct to pay tribute to the actions undertaken to raise the level of football in Germany, look at the results:

pJBW6bb.png

kkqq1Fz.png

Pay attention Serie A, you might need to replicate the model to climb back to the top.
Also, I don't think there is a quality gap anymore between the Bundesliga and the EPL/Liga.

Noirulus

Müller is fucking awesome. I like him more as a winger, though.

You guys have so much depth. I honestly can't think of a position you need to upgrade.

Badstuber or Van Buyten or something? Idk. I hate you assholes. Mufucking Lahm is a full-back yet his passing ability is as strong as any top class midfielder

Now that we have two Bundesliga teams in the semis, I think it is correct to pay tribute to the actions undertaken to raise the level of football in Germany, look at the results:

pJBW6bb.png

kkqq1Fz.png

Pay attention Serie A, you might need to replicate the model to climb back to the top.
Also, I don't think there is a quality gap anymore between the Bundesliga and the EPL/Liga.

Serie A deserves whatever is coming to it, hard to be sad on behalf of all those teams not taking Europa League seriously.

We should play FM sometime with PrematureQueef and Wilbur.

I want to be stoke and play 5-5-0

dc89

what mentality change are you talking about?

Typical City mentality. The club which build you up to let you down, not won a trophy in more than a generation.

Have fun finishing last place in your UCL group every year. :p

We'll improve. We will win it. It is our destiny.

Yeah, before they were a bunch of players bought together for huge fees and expected to perform individually.

Now they're an even more expensive bunch of players bought together for huges fees and expected to perform individually.

>.>

Non-entities to cunts

-.-

SMD

pJBW6bb.png

kkqq1Fz.png

The Premiership is in managed decline at the moment, the media are starting to pick up on the malaise for once, pointing out that fans are getting priced out and teams are swallowing money with nothing to show for it.

The biggest thing about German football is that it still feels like the fans game and with a more positive attitude towards youth football, it just seems like Germany have figured out how to have a competitive sport that doesn't cost the world.

spidye

You guys have so much depth. I honestly can't think of a position you need to upgrade.

Badstuber or Van Buyten or something? Idk. I hate you assholes. Mufucking Lahm is a full-back yet his passing ability is as strong as any top class midfielder

I'm with you on that. but on the other hand. ribery's 30 and robben is 29. we need to look for new wingers already

Top Bottom