• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Omiee

We call each other cunts all the time, man. If the word cunt isn't banned, the posters all know it doesn't mean anything, then why is that any different than using the word spenk or fool or turkey or sausage or fucker or lemon or prick or bumfart

I actually think it could be a hard thing for new people to swallow who want to start posting in this thread.

Clegg

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m

tomorrow's Kicker: Man City's Begiristain met with Mario Götze's agent last month with a view to activating a €40m release clause.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
LOOOOL Colombia. Argentina up by two.
I don't want to ban anyone for stupid stuff which people don't really mean, but you guys really should consider carefully when not to use the word cunts. Especially when talking to other people. It's not a free pass.
Woah what the hell I thought I was in the football thread. Did I warp back into anime?

Noirulus

I don't want to ban anyone for stupid stuff which people don't really mean, but you guys really should consider carefully when not to use the word cunts. Especially when talking to other people. It's not a free pass.

But the intention is almost never mean-spirited :( This thread would be no fun without banter, and Kyoufu even he said that he didn't take offense to Pulga's post.

SMD

I actually think it could be a hard thing for new people to swallow who want to start posting in this thread.

I'm new and I'd be worried if people weren't calling each other cunts.

...you have been to a football match, right?

Bayern are up there with Madrid and Barcelona as one of the best teams in Europe, if not the top team this season. Juve are not on that level and this is their first CL season after some time away.

After the 3-0 against Chelsea I thought they were candidates for the title

Heel

Can you start a cunt whitelist? I'll catch a c-bomb with the fuse lit and not bat an eyelid. Just tell me where to sign.

For you, no Dutch teams were effected. For us, no British teams were effected. For Spain, its not Barca or Madrid, so who gives a shit? For Germany, they benefitted, who gives a shit?

I still can't agree with that.

Malaga's goal was also offside, not by much and not as blatant as the 3-2 but offside is offside. And this goal really fucking hurt. Most of the fans and (I fucking hope lol) players were confident we could score the second one and win this. After the 1-2 for Malaga? Game over. The only players that really believed in a win were Weidenfeller who supposedloy talked to every single player after the goal and Schmelzer who had according to Sahin "the will in his face".

After all, we went through and everyone talks about the 3-2 and how BVB was lucky. If Malaga had won 1-2, people would have been talking about how Malaga's offside goal killed BVB and Malaga was lucky. The refs were shit and no one really benefitted from it, except everyone watching this game and seeing an awesome moment.

Just read a headline stating "Zenit ready to outbid Arsenal for Jovetic". Fuck you Arsenal that's what you get for ruining Arshavin, you cunts.

Wilbur

Banned

We don't normally call people cunts at first. We just explain we call everyone else cunts.

Arkon for instance wasnt a cunt. Now he is #banter

If the word isn't banned I see no problem in using it. Especially if it's tongue in cheek. And if you aren't new - which you said you weren't - you'd know it's all used as a joke

Now all you cunts have aggravated me. It's time to masturbate to Pulga's mother while listening to Clive Tyldesley's 1999 CL final commentary

I still can't agree with that.

Malaga's goal was also offside, not by much and not as blatant as the 3-2 but offside is offside. And this goal really fucking hurt. Most of the fans and (I fucking hope lol) players were confident we could score the second one and win this. After the 1-2 for Malaga? Game over. The only players that really believed in a win were Weidenfeller who supposedloy talked to every single player after the goal and Schmelzer who had according to Sahin "the will in his face".

After all, we went through and everyone talks about the 3-2 and how BVB was lucky. If Malaga had won 1-2, people would have been talking about how Malaga's offside goal killed BVB and Malaga was lucky. The refs were shit and no one really benefitted from it, except everyone watching this game and seeing an awesome moment.

The point isn't so much the end result, as the fact that the media and fans should be taking these dreadful decisions on their own basis, and putting pressure on FIFA/UEFA to improve.

Ibra goal
Malaga goal
2 Dortmund goals
Bayern goal

That's 5 wrongly allowed goals in 8 matches, because of shit linesmen and a lack of tech/sufficient support for the officials. Its not good enough.

Noirulus

Very serious. I completely disagree with what you did today for no reason. We are all friends here and if you spent any amount of time here you would know the dynamic of the posters here. What did you gain from backseat modding today? I know I lost one of the best posters in the thread for the next month.

We both know why you did it based off the time you did it. Our are a disgrace to decent Barcelona fans and posters here.

So please. Put me on ignore as I will be doing the same for you.

You make it hard to hate Barca-GAF completely, Messi. Classy as fuck <3
I also secretly enjoy FF's posts :lol

Heel

He doesn't even go here!

4kX4sLU.jpg

The point isn't so much the end result, as the fact that the media and fans should be taking these dreadful decisions on their own basis, and putting pressure on FIFA/UEFA to improve.

Ibra goal
Malaga goal
2 Dortmund goals

Bayern goal

That's 5 wrongly allowed goals in 8 matches, because of shit linesmen and a lack of tech/sufficient support for the officials. Its not good enough.

What?

arkon

We don't normally call people cunts at first. We just explain we call everyone else cunts.

Arkon for instance wasnt a cunt. Now he is #banter

If the word isn't banned I see no problem in using it. Especially if it's tongue in cheek. And if you aren't new - which you said you weren't - you'd know it's all used as a joke

Now all you cunts have aggravated me. It's time to masturbate to Pulga's mother while listening to Clive Tyldesley's 1999 CL final commentary

lol

I started posting in these threads with a whole bunch of new posters including Suen and Koko I think. We managed to settle in fine. I don't see the problem. I've not really seen any Footy-GAF posters using cunt liberally outside of this thread.

It always seems to be a third party being worried about a hypothetical batch of new posters who aren't comfortable with that sort of thing. I mean, fair enough, if the mods are getting regular complaints about it. If that is the case then that needs to be communicated to us to tone it down then.

Top Bottom