• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

SMD

Apropos of nothing, have you guys seen this?

BE9CJ59CMAA3fvq.jpg

It's in Old Swan, apparently.

I don't want to ban anyone for stupid stuff which people don't really mean, but you guys really should consider carefully when not to use the word cunts. Especially when talking to other people. It's not a free pass.
This was the problem with the previous cunt debacle. Either it's okay or it's not. If there's not and outright ban on the word then it should be left open to interpretation. In this case it was interpreted incorrectly. A fact which has now been brought to the attention of the moderating team. The person on the receiving end of the comment never made a complaint, and in fact, was one of the first to point out that it was a joke and not mean spirited. 99% of the participants in this thread knew that to be the case as well.

Surely at this point the problem is resolved by lifting the ban and accepting that wires were crossed. No harm done.

3Sixty

So I'm catching up. Some motherfucker grassed pulga up for a casual cunting. Shit ain't cool yo, snitches get stitches.

Hold my poodle.

duckroll

This was the problem with the previous cunt debacle. Either it's okay or it's not. If there's not and outright ban on the word then it should be left open to interpretation. In this case it was interpreted incorrectly. A fact which has now been brought to the attention of the moderating team. The person on the receiving end of the comment never made a complaint, and in fact, was one of the first to point out that it was a joke and not mean spirited. 99% of the participants in this thread knew that to be the case as well.

Surely at this point the problem is resolved by lifting the ban and accepting that wires were crossed. No harm done.

No, you're not understanding me. We don't ban the word shit either. But if you called someone in a thread a piece of shit, well, you're probably going to get banned.

If you are asking if we should make it not okay for people to call each other cunts, then yes, I am certainly in favor of that. It's stupid, it's crude, and there's really no rational reason for it.

Linius

No, you're not understanding me. We don't ban the word shit either. But if you called someone in a thread a piece of shit, well, you're probably going to get banned.

If you are asking if we should make it not okay for people to call each other cunts, then yes, I am certainly in favor of that. It's stupid, it's crude, and there's really no rational reason for it.

But in the context of this thread there's no possible reason to ban Pulga for this. If you had to ban every person in this thread for calling someone a cunt this would be an empty place.

SMD

Oh my fucking god loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Tell me they don't believe that. He's done a fucking great job with them. A brilliant job. But what

Twitter before and after an Everton defeat is utterly amazing, but nothing will ever top just how funny last season's FA Cup semi final was. There'll be better matches, for sure, and I bet there'll be even more riding on games in the future but it was our worst performance in ages and they were 1-0 up and they still couldn't beat us.

Wilbur

Banned

Sounds like bollocks to me quite frankly, because it completely ignores all context.

Post upon post has gone by in this thread without anyone giving a shit what we call each other. If I say I hope Fry drowns in a pool of Robben's semen, it's unlikely I get banned for that because its a joke.

We use the word cunt because we're a mostly British community, we're all working class (innit innit) and it's a good word. There's nothing wrong with the word. You can't unban the word and then ignore context when banning a user for using the word. Seems like a fucking huge jump of the gun to ban Pulga instead of actually finding out the tone of the thread.

3Sixty

But in the context of this thread there's no possible reason to ban Pulga for this. If you had to ban every person in this thread for calling someone a cunt this would be an empty place.

Last ttime someone said something like this to a mod the while thread WAS banned.

Messi

Sounds like bollocks to me quite frankly, because it completely ignores all context.

Post upon post has gone by in this thread without anyone giving a shit what we call each other. If I say I hope Fry drowns in a pool of Robben's semen, it's unlikely I get banned for that because its a joke.

We use the word cunt because we're a mostly British community, we're all working class (innit innit) and it's a good word. There's nothing wrong with the word. You can't unban the word and then ignore context when banning a user for using the word. Seems like a fucking huge jump of the gun to ban Pulga instead of actually finding out the tone of the thread.

I also thought backseat modding was forbidden? He told the thread he did it after the fact to get a reaction. There is no other reason it post that you did it.

Wilbur

Banned
Last ttime someone said something like this to a mod the while thread WAS banned.

Looool

Maybe we stop.

Just think it's fucking dumb Pulga's banned because a lurker wasnt lurking well enough.

DOWN WITH MANNERS
DOWN WITH DEMOCRACY
BURN NEOGAF TO THE GROUND

Sorry, got confused :p

Mistook the 2 offsides in one goal for 2 offside goals :D

Oh, okay.

But well, the problem is aside of video reviews during the game (of which I'm not too fond of and won't happen soon) there's hardly anything that FIFA or UEFA can do. Actually, it's up to the countries' FA to improve the schooling and training for refs.

deGod

Plus in Dublin it's very common not as common as fuck off but nearly

duckroll

I guess I am being misunderstood. I was making a general comment because I got a complaint about something. It had nothing to do with Pulga. I know for a fact that most if not all of the people in here don't "mean" it. But it does make some people uncomfortable, and it should not be a necessity to put up with that just to talk about a sport. Every time someone calls someone else in here a cunt, there is a chance that the person takes it the wrong way.

Top Bottom