• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Omiee

No, you're not understanding me. We don't ban the word shit either. But if you called someone in a thread a piece of shit, well, you're probably going to get banned.

If you are asking if we should make it not okay for people to call each other cunts, then yes, I am certainly in favor of that. It's stupid, it's crude, and there's really no rational reason for it.

I approve. In any other thread if you used the word cunt you would be banned in a second. Same rule should apply to community threads.

panty

I don't want to ban anyone for stupid stuff which people don't really mean, but you guys really should consider carefully when not to use the word cunts. Especially when talking to other people. It's not a free pass.

So the word 'cunt' is bannable here in community? Everyone here knows the other person doesn't mean it when we say 'ur a cunt'. This is football for christ's sake.

Then some lurker comes and trolls the whole community and reports a user who is probably the most active here and we all know he doesn't mean anything bad. That's some bullshit right there.

A one month ban for that? How fucking cuntish. Fuck this shit.

Unban Pulga.

I approve. In any other thread if you used the word cunt you would be banned in a second. Same rule should apply to community threads.

Well that hasn't been the case so stop with these fucking troll posts.

duckroll

I see that pulga was banned earlier. I actually didn't even see that. I was dealing with another complaint entirely. Doesn't this give enough pause for the community here to consider changing a little? Or do we have to get involved again?

Oh, okay.

But well, the problem is aside of video reviews during the game (of which I'm not too fond of and won't happen soon) there's hardly anything that FIFA or UEFA can do. Actually, it's up to the countries' FA to improve the schooling and training for refs.

Yeah, I guess. Its worth noting that sporting incompetence is a part of Scotland's genetic make-up as well.

Except for providing managers to the leagues that ware worth a damn

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Argentina 3 Colombia 1. Andrés :(

To be fair I've used the word cunt in the anime thread once or twice. The difference is that I have never called anybody else a cunt.

Wilbur

Banned
I... uhh... okay but where's Willbury?

oh hey

I see that pulga was banned earlier. I actually didn't even see that. I was dealing with another complaint entirely. Doesn't this give enough pause for the community here to consider changing a little? Or do we have to get involved again?

Another complaint?!

Holy shit. How odd. People actually complain when other posters get called impersonal names?

Loooooooool the Internet you never let me down

Heel

iwCISIF19sYOt.png

That's absolute bollocks tbh. None of us would call anyone a cunt outside of this thread unless they had some rapport going with them, probably from this thread

Was this other complaint also made by the same person responsible for Pulga getting banned?

No, you're not understanding me. We don't ban the word shit either. But if you called someone in a thread a piece of shit, well, you're probably going to get banned.

If you are asking if we should make it not okay for people to call each other cunts, then yes, I am certainly in favor of that. It's stupid, it's crude, and there's really no rational reason for it.
I'm not misunderstanding you at all. I said it should be left to interpretation. If somebody is insulting somebody else then sure, call somebody a piece of shit, get a ban. Call somebody a cunt, get a ban.

But does calling somebody a cunt when both parties -- and basically the entire thread -- know it's in jest also incur a ban?

It was construed to be something it wasn't, which as I said, has now been brought to your attention. So why can't the ban be lifted?

Omiee

So the word 'cunt' is bannable here in community? Everyone here knows the other person doesn't mean it when we say 'ur a cunt'. This is football for christ's sake.

Then some lurker comes and trolls the whole community and reports a user who is probably the most active here and we all know he doesn't mean anything bad. That's some bullshit right there.

A one month ban for that? How fucking cuntish. Fuck this shit.

Unban Pulga.

Well that hasn't been the case so stop with these fucking troll posts.

How am i trolling if i have something against the word.

Why do you even care? You are the only one in this thread that cares. If you don't like it fuck off.

Why should i fuck off. Everyone is allowed to post in this thread.

Wilbur

Banned
Surely backseat modding is just as bannable :lol

Fucking lol. I don't care enough to post anymore. People acting that sad to report posters for calling someone a cunt tongue in cheek is just fucking weird.

I did not report him.

Bro I don't believe you're a lurker otherwise you'd know all about Arsenal

Clegg

I did not do it to see a reaction. What are you talking about? I saw the post and i reported it.

You reported it without even registering the context or tone in which it was said. If you've been lurking for as long as you say you have then you should know that what Pulga said was in jest.

Instead of running away you should have at least had the courtesy to come into the thread and engage with the community instead of shitting things up completely.

L1NETT

I just spent about five minutes looking for a gif of the moment in Inbetweeners where Will walks into the toilet and says "What the hell is going on in here?"

Will carry on looking.

Surprised people get offended about swear words. But part of the appeal of thread is the rather narrow choice of swear words - especially cunt.

Maybe we should start a cricket OT

Phaha.

English team full of South African shits anyway :p

Why does Pulga get banned for using the word when it's used here 20-30 times a day with no issue in here?
Because some completely unrelated person was offended by that particular post.

Let's ban eating meat and wearing fur because there is a minority who thinks that is wrong

Omiee

You reported it without even registering the context or tone in which it was said. If you've been lurking for as long as you say you have then you should know that what Pulga said was in jest.

Instead of running away you should have at least had the courtesy to come into the thread and engage with the community instead of shitting things up completely.

I did not run away. I was posting here since i made that post. And i defended my opinion which is that i have something against the word. And iv seen a lot of people get banned for it in the last few years.

This is fucking hilarious. Lets ruin the point of the community threads to make a fucking point based on a complaint from what I'm assuming is an irregular poster.

Bravo

Top Bottom