• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

No, you're not understanding me. We don't ban the word shit either. But if you called someone in a thread a piece of shit, well, you're probably going to get banned.

If you are asking if we should make it not okay for people to call each other cunts, then yes, I am certainly in favor of that. It's stupid, it's crude, and there's really no rational reason for it.

We don't want to ban words because it's all about context - Bans because some lurker gets offended on behalf of someone else without realizing context?

I guess I am being misunderstood. I was making a general comment because I got a complaint about something. It had nothing to do with Pulga. I know for a fact that most if not all of the people in here don't "mean" it. But it does make some people uncomfortable, and it should not be a necessity to put up with that just to talk about a sport. Every time someone calls someone else in here a cunt, there is a chance that the person takes it the wrong way.

But we're not just talking about the sport in this thread, hell it's as active as ever even when there's breaks from the sport, but poking fun at other peoples teams and them as supporters is a pretty big part of being more than a casual football fan. The thing is that there's no one calling new users cunts in here, people are welcomed with open arms. People who spend 95% of their time in this thread and talk to each other every day though? Yep, cunt and other words are thrown around to each other, it's nice with communities having a bit of personality.

The whole football culture is stupid and crude and I truly hope it never changes, the attempts at trying to in this thread consistently ruins the community though.

Wilbur

Banned
MadridGAF down three in one night.

Ronaldo come home, we have 659m fans left

Why should i fuck off. Everyone is allowed to post in this thread.

You didn't post in the thread though, you ran to a mod first. Should have gauged the mood of the thread really

Fuck Bayern. Is that bannable because I am insulting the entire Bavarian land

Not going to get involved in that shit but it blows my mind how somebody even bothers lurking/reading this thread, which is full of "Cunts" since it was banned, when he got a problem with the word.

I did not run away. I was posting here since i made that post. And i defended my opinion which is that i have something against the word. And iv seen a lot of people get banned for it in the last few years.

You ran away because instead of posting and saying you had a problem with what pulga said and discussing it in the thread you just reported him and got him banned. Truly brave and heroic.

rodvik

Just back for a bit. PantyPhantom banned too? 3 Madridistas in a day.

Damn lol. Will catch up with what is happening later.

tumblr_m1viyq1LWX1qdtxm4o1_400.gif

The plot thickens, this narrows down the suspects!

Noirulus

The fact that Pulga is a Madrid fan has nothing to do with it either I'm sure.

That's what irks me. I mean, it doesn't matter whether Pulga was a Madrid fan or Barca fan or whatever, but reporting a user that supports a rival team for using a word in a harmless context ? My cynicism meter is rising.

Also, I'm not sure how Omieee would take offense to Pulga's post when it wasn't even directed at him.

You can't fool me, culés. I know you staged this up.

UEFA is surely in on it too!

Clegg

I did not run away. I was posting here since i made that post. And i defended my opinion which is that i have something against the word. And iv seen a lot of people get banned for it in the last few years.

No, you definitely ran away.

Why not come into this thread and ask why we use the word cunt and then decide whether or not to report a post.

What you've now done is make a tool of yourself by failing to actually engage with the topic at hand.

Suen

So first pulga is banned, now PantyPhantom has been banned and Richie sacrificed himself. We've lost three Madrid posters in just a matter of hours all thanks to one poster who's not used to the way the community works here.

Thanks fucking lots bro, it sure made a huge difference.

Oh and jtb was banned as well so there goes an Arsenal member, what have I done to deserve this :lol

duckroll, by the power of BELIEVE and COSMO, have mercy on us and free pulga and PantyPhantom!

Wilbur

Banned
Not going to get involved in that shit but it blows my mind how somebody even bothers lurking/reading this thread, which is full of "Cunts" since it was banned, when he got a problem with the word.

Imagine

He doesn't lurk at all. Otherwise he'd have known about Arsenal being shit

I don't think the point of community threads hinges on whether we are allowed to use our potty words or not.

He means a bit of personality and good natured insults between posters that are familiar with each other I think

RIP Quiche.

Is this the night we die?

Knew Quiche was gone for that post

Messi

That's what irks me. I mean, it doesn't matter whether Pulga was a Madrid fan or Barca fan or whatever, but reporting a user that supports a rival team for using a word in a harmless context ? My cynicism meter is rising.

Also, I'm not sure how Omieee would take offense to Pulga's post when it wasn't even directed at him.

Wasnt Barca losing when the complaint was made and Pulgas post was referring to Barca losing in the end?

duckroll

I don't see why things have to escalate this way. I think it is a problem for a community if someone who is viewed as an "outsider" is being insulted and stoned for a totally reasonable reaction which any normal person would have. The behavior and language in this thread is not "normal" by any means.

I've mentioned it before myself too. I feel that the more you guys do this sort of thing, the less welcoming it is for people who dislike this sort of tone to participate in this thread even if they enjoy the sport and want to talk about it. Is that really so hard to understand? Do you guys post in the thread because you actually like talking about the games, or do you do it just because you can throw the word cunt everywhere like it's water?

rodvik

FFS I am out. For the first time I will be using the ignore feature on others after this I have no desire to interact with people who come into a football thread to get offended, have any of them ever BEEN to a football match? How silly.

UTV and McLeish for the United job.

Linius

I don't see why things have to escalate this way. I think it is a problem for a community if someone who is viewed as an "outsider" is being insulted and stoned for a totally reasonable reaction which any normal person would have. The behavior and language in this thread is not "normal" by any means.

I've mentioned it before myself too. I feel that the more you guys do this sort of thing, the less welcoming it is for people who dislike this sort of tone to participate in this thread even if they enjoy the sport and want to talk about it. Is that really so hard to understand? Do you guys post in the thread because you actually like talking about the games, or do you do it just because you can throw the word cunt everywhere like it's water?

Not sure if the mods are aware, but we get a lot of juniors in here who also mostly claim to have lurked for some time. I don't think the tone in this thread is scaring people away to be honest.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you guys post in the thread because you actually like talking about the games, or do you do it just because you can throw the word cunt everywhere like it's water?

Maybe if you read the thread you'd know

Do you like to eat meals because of the taste or because you like doing a shit after?

Started posting in the thread because I liked football and was already registered here. Kept posting in the thread because I liked the community both when talking about football and everything else really, if I just wanted to say cunt a bunch I could easily find a forum where I wouldn't get banned doing it.

I'm talking to Quiche now, thought he was only banned for a day.

Dat backwards American formatting

:lol

:lol

h3I2nkA.jpg

Messi

We post here because we are friends.

We welcome new people daily with open arms. Just ask a few new people.

The poster making the complaint claims he has been lurking the thread for a long time. Yet the only usage of the word "cunt" that bothered him was made by a fan of a rival team at the same time that the lurker's team was losing the game. Coincidence?

Top Bottom