• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

deGod

But i have been called cunt and told to fuck off a bunch of time snow in the thread without reporting it.

I am offended by that. Becuase i dont see it as banter if somebody calls me a cunt or tells me to fuck out off this thread.
But the only reason you were told those things is cause you got Pulga banned

Linius

You're posting on NeoGAF. The Football Thread is not some independent community. If I get complaints in my inbox from someone who doesn't like to be called a cunt, how else do you expect me to react? I can't tell the person "LOL DEAL WITH IT IF YOU WANT TO POST IN THERE YOU GET CALLED A CUNT!" because that is not the message I want to send in the forum.

But it wasn't a random person who got called a cunt. And even worse, it was someone else backseat modding the thing while no one bothers.

But i dont want to leave i love football and i want to post in this thread.

I feel like you guys think i should be sorry for reporting him. Im torn to be honest, on the other hand i dont like the word and i think it should not be used.

On the other hand its been made clear to me both guys had nothing against each other and 100 posts later made it even clearer that its just banter.

Ill pm the original mod and ask him to read this post of mine. Maybe he will get unbanned.
I'd like to know who the original mod was?

Pls?

arkon

Why don't you step outside this thread and call someone a cunt in any other thread "lightheartedly" then? Go on, try!

Do you realize how difficult it makes moderation if you want to have special treatment to be able to call each other cunts, and then someone complains about being called a cunt? I think that's pretty cut and dry. I made a personal decision not to ban for that because I want to engage the community here to explain that difficult, and as such maybe you can compromise your "need" to call each other cunts so we don't have to try and read into every statement to see if you're joking or not. This problem comes up once in a while, and it's always a bitch to deal with.

But in this case it was a third party that complained about the usage of the word. Not the actual people involved. Unless Kyoufu lodged a complaint?

Now that I think about it. Lambda got banned for the same sort of thing earlier, even though the rest of us were all laughing at it.

Wilbur

Banned
Looooool imagine if my friends treated me the same as a stranger if I called them a cunt

I'd have no friends

In fact I don't

Duckroll is right

You're posting on NeoGAF. The Football Thread is not some independent community. If I get complaints in my inbox from someone who doesn't like to be called a cunt, how else do you expect me to react? I can't tell the person "LOL DEAL WITH IT IF YOU WANT TO POST IN THERE YOU GET CALLED A CUNT!" because that is not the message I want to send in the forum.

I think if someone is called a cunt, they have every right to be offended and report it, but they should be aware that in all likelihood its use was facetious and harmless, rather than assuming that it was abusive. Being offended on someone else's behalf because you can't be arsed to contextualise is silly though, as is being offended by the word itself, when that same word has been made explicitly available for our vernacular :)

Why make a separate forum for communities then? When you do that you create a 'community' that evolves and has it's own way of operating, the same posters post and it creates context that might seem strange to people who aren't 'regulars'.

I see your point but perhaps a better way to go about it would have been explaining to the guy that we just...kinda do that in here, if at that point the guy still feels offended then I guess further action should be considered.

Wilbur

Banned
But in this case it was a third party that complained about the usage of the word. Not the actual people involved. Unless Kyoufu lodged a complaint?

Now that I think about it. Lambda got banned for the same sort of thing earlier, even though the rest of us were all laughing at it.

Lambda's post dripped with malice :lol :lol

hahahahaa chris banned?

PERFECT

Who the fuck is chris

Suen

So you dont agree with my opinion so want to make it about barca and real. Thats definitely not the case. Like i said have not been in this thread on a regular basis for a long time. His post was the first one i saw.

i am getting bashed for nothing to be honest.

thats the point you guys want to make to blame me for reporting the guy.
Whether some believe this is some Barca conspiracy or not is not important, no one gives a shit. If you don't like the language used here then by all means just create a new thread where most of us cunts here won't be welcomed and enjoy it with other posters who hold similar views.

Don't like the way we talk to each other here and won't even bother understanding the context which the words are used in? Then get the fuck out, no one is forcing you to be here and accept the word bro.

hahahahaa chris banned?

PERFECT

AkCfy.gif

duckroll

That makes sense sure. However, the person pulga got banned for calling a cunt(Kyoufu) didn't have a problem with it. In fact Kyoufu tried to get him unbanned for it. It was a bystander who had a problem with the whole thing.

I understand people are getting worked up, but can we step aside from Pulga for a moment? What about this?

That aside, look at the reactions people are giving from simply being questioned about the behavior in here? They tell people to fuck off, they go on even more vulgar rants. This isn't normal behavior at all. Being dismissive of opinions and crude in responses just comes off as rude, as opposed to friendly.

I step in here saying I -don't- want to ban people, and it immediately escalates into hostile crap. Really? It just seems silly to me.

bud

But i have been called cunt and told to fuck off a bunch of time snow in the thread without reporting it.

I am offended by that. Becuase i dont see it as banter if somebody calls me a cunt or tells me to fuck out off this thread.

you're not a cunt, and you don't have to fuck off, but you are definitely a snitch.

But i dont want to leave i love football and i want to post in this thread.

I feel like you guys think i should be sorry for reporting him. Im torn to be honest, on the other hand i dont like the word and i think it should not be used.

On the other hand its been made clear to me both guys had nothing against each other and 100 posts later made it even clearer that its just banter.

Ill pm the original mod and ask him to read this post of mine. Maybe he will get unbanned.

Omiee I think I can count the number of times you've posted in these threads before today on one hand. Today just happens to be the day you want to start posting regularly?

I step in here saying I -don't- want to ban people, and it immediately escalates into hostile crap. Really? It just seems silly to me.

Probably because we have just been over this last summer, seeing this shit start again is saddening when it completely killed the community for a bit of time then.

That aside, look at the reactions people are giving from simply being questioned about the behavior in here? They tell people to fuck off, they go on even more vulgar rants. This isn't normal behavior at all. Being dismissive of opinions and crude in responses just comes off as rude, as opposed to friendly.

Surely you couldn't take my post seriously.

I understand people are getting worked up, but can we step aside from Pulga for a moment? What about this?

People have gone over the top, but to the vast majority of us, the instant reporting/feigned lurking comes across as an exceptionally snide thing to do when he had this thread open to him. The extent is too much, but hostility is surely to be expected from that?

Wilbur

Banned
Lol, I didn't, no.

I don't believe you. Give me Cabaye and we'll talk

premature chris

Quiche... Hixx says it sounds like Chris when I say Quiche. :(

It's bullshit I tell you.

looooool

This is what Kojima was talking about in Metal Gear Solid 2.

loooooooooool

I'm famous.

Tongue in cheek though man, which is apparent if you read it, the quote and the thread. Come on.

In football? :lol

Who the fuck was ever friendly in football?! The whole point is to revel in your own success and hate everyone else. The more vulgar and cutting and hilarious the better. If Omiee had just asked why we all call each other cunts because he doesn't like it, he would have had a rational reply.

Top Bottom