• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Messi

The poster making the complaint claims he has been lurking the thread for a long time. Yet the only usage of the word "cunt" that bothered him was made by a fan of a rival team at the same time that the lurker's team was losing the game. Coincidence?

This is the main point

I did not run away. I was posting here since i made that post. And i defended my opinion which is that i have something against the word. And iv seen a lot of people get banned for it in the last few years.
Your stance is bullshit as was duckroll's response.

His example said that shit is okay but calling somebody a piece of shit is bannable. Pretty straight forward, makes sense. But to understand the difference is to understand context. And the situation isn't as cut and dry as; well one poster called another poster a cunt. Ban. The context here is that this is the sort of language we use, but we do it lightheartedly. If somebody had legitimately called another poster a cunt, you can bet your life that most in here wouldn't take to kindly to it.

You having something against the word is rubbish, as was duckrolls "somebody might get offended". Because if that's the route we're going to go down, then I might be offended at people saying shit. I might be offended at people saying poppyock. So where do you draw the line?

Cunt isn't a banned word. Wires were crossed and somebody was banned. That person should now have the ban lifted since it has become abundantly clear the context in which the word was used.

If you don't like naughty words then you're welcome to leave. That's what everybody else does in life. If I don't like what I see or the content I'm absorbing, I move on, or I accept it and take the good with the bad.

Omiee

So you dont agree with my opinion so want to make it about barca and real. Thats definitely not the case. Like i said have not been in this thread on a regular basis for a long time. His post was the first one i saw.

i am getting bashed for nothing to be honest.

This is the main point

thats the point you guys want to make to blame me for reporting the guy.

Summary of today in football GAF :

iC2oVnm15IWV6.gif

WJD

The poster making the complaint claims he has been lurking the thread for a long time. Yet the only usage of the word "cunt" that bothered him was made by a fan of a rival team at the same time that the lurker's team was losing the game. Coincidence?

Yup.

Best thing to do is put him on ignore and wait for all this to blow over.

Suen

I did not run away. I was posting here since i made that post. And i defended my opinion which is that i have something against the word. And iv seen a lot of people get banned for it in the last few years.
Yes, probably outside this fucking thread. What a load of crap.

FootballFan what have you done? Three men have fallen, I can't look at this situation without believing you to be involved somehow, when did you get that UEFA money?

L1NETT

As a relatively new person to the thread, I can say the blue language and bar humour (joking) did not put me off posting/reading at all. In fact, half the fun is the "banter" and the chat between us. If somebody is offended, they should just say so and I am sure we are all big enough to say sorry, fair enough and carry on. I was welcomed quite warmly, aside from Lightning insulting my club :p

That's all I'm gonna say on this, hope we can move on :)

duckroll

His example said that shit is okay but calling somebody a piece of shit is bannable. Pretty straight forward, makes sense. But to understand the difference is to understand context. And the situation isn't as cut and dry as; well one poster called another poster a cunt. Ban. The context here is that this is the sort of language we use, but we do it lightheartedly. If somebody had legitimately called another poster a cunt, you can bet your life that most in here wouldn't take to kindly to it.

You having something against the word is rubbish, as was duckrolls "somebody might get offended". Because if that's the route we're going to go down, then I might be offended at people saying shit. I might be offended at people saying poppyock. So where do you draw the line?

Cunt isn't a banned word. Wires were crossed and somebody was banned. That person should now have the ban lifted since it has become abundantly clear the context in which the word was used.

If you don't like naughty words then you're welcome to leave. That's what everybody else does in life. If I don't like what I see or the content I'm absorbing, I move on, or I accept it and take the good with the bad.

Why don't you step outside this thread and call someone a cunt in any other thread "lightheartedly" then? Go on, try!

Do you realize how difficult it makes moderation if you want to have special treatment to be able to call each other cunts, and then someone complains about being called a cunt? I think that's pretty cut and dry. I made a personal decision not to ban for that because I want to engage the community here to explain that difficult, and as such maybe you can compromise your "need" to call each other cunts so we don't have to try and read into every statement to see if you're joking or not. This problem comes up once in a while, and it's always a bitch to deal with.

Wilbur

Banned
Taking offence to using colloquialism? Soft shite.

That being said, I thought cunt was acceptable to use?

A lurker

He might be scared

welcome bro who do you support?

So you dont agree with my opinion so want to make it about barca and real. Thats definitely not the case. Like i said have not been in this thread on a regular basis for a long time. His post was the first one i saw.

Just trying to talk about football man

Also that's even worse. First time you come in and you report it AHAHAH

Soft as fuck.

WJD

Also duckroll, while you're here could you please change manutd4evers name please? We'd all be ever so grateful.

This is not the first time you've stirred trouble in community threads, maybe you should start understanding where people are coming from.

Wilbur

Banned
Why don't you step outside this thread and call someone a cunt in any other thread "lightheartedly" then? Go on, try!

It's like you haven't even read his post

If I went into the North Korea thread and called someone a cunt randomly, then I need a ban.

Context is everything. I'm confused as to why you're ignoring that.

Messi

Mumei hangs out here and does not have an issue with it, I don't see why it's an issue for you. Honestly. You seem to be avoiding the context behind why Pulga even said what he said.

Omiee

But i dont want to leave i love football and i want to post in this thread.

I feel like you guys think i should be sorry for reporting him. Im torn to be honest, on the other hand i dont like the word and i think it should not be used.

On the other hand its been made clear to me both guys had nothing against each other and 100 posts later made it even clearer that its just banter.

Ill pm the original mod and ask him to read this post of mine. Maybe he will get unbanned.

arkon

But you told us you've been lurking in these threads since 2009.

Do you realize how difficult it makes moderation if you want to have special treatment to be able to call each other cunts, and then someone complains about being called a cunt? I think that's pretty cut and dry. I made a personal decision not to ban for that because I want to engage the community here to explain that difficult, and as such maybe you can compromise your "need" to call each other cunts so we don't have to try and read into every statement to see if you're joking or not. This problem comes up once in a while, and it's always a bitch to deal with.
That person wouldn't be a member of this thread and wouldn't know the context in which the term is being used. So I wouldn't do it. It's the same way that I'd call a friend a cunt but not a stranger on the street. What part of this can you not grasp?

The person who was called a cunt didn't complain, so what has that got to do with anything?

It might well be bitch to deal with, but that's the job you undertake when you become a mod. If you can't hack it...

I feel like you guys think i should be sorry for reporting him. Im torn to be honest, on the other hand i dont like the word and i think it should not be used.

On the other hand its been made clear to me both guys had nothing against each other and 100 posts later made it even clearer that its just banter.

Ill pm the original mod and ask him to read this post of mine. Maybe he will get unbanned.
So do exactly as I suggested, either bounce or take the good with the bad. Everybody in here probably has particular issues with the thread at times and the forum at large. But why would you want to stroll in to a thread and piss everybody off? More to the point, why not just let the cuntee make the complaint? If he was upset he would have.

I'm done for the night.

The problem is the fact that your instant response to seeing a word you don't like was to twist it to get the pulgmeister banned, rather than entering the thread and discussing the discrepancy between your opinion and that of most others here. And don't give us any rubbish about being offended on Kyoufu's behalf, you would have understood the context within 5 seconds if you could be bothered

End of.

SMD

I've no idea what this post is or who either of you are but read that back to yourself and ask if that's how people should behave.

duckroll

It's like you haven't even read his post

If I went into the North Korea thread and called someone a cunt randomly, then I need a ban.

Context is everything. I'm confused as to why you're ignoring that.

You're posting on NeoGAF. The Football Thread is not some independent community. If I get complaints in my inbox from someone who doesn't like to be called a cunt, how else do you expect me to react? I can't tell the person "LOL DEAL WITH IT IF YOU WANT TO POST IN THERE YOU GET CALLED A CUNT!" because that is not the message I want to send in the forum.

Wilbur

Banned

Man, that's absolutely fine. And we do talk about football. There's Dutch posters here. There's lots of football talk if you actually visit. Just think you jumped the gun today.

And I guess until we're told differed, just gonna have to get used to the community. We talk about football most the time. We don't talk about football all the time.

Omiee

But i have been called cunt and told to fuck off a bunch of time snow in the thread without reporting it.

I am offended by that. Becuase i dont see it as banter if somebody calls me a cunt or tells me to fuck out off this thread.

I can jokingly call my friends whatever I'd like without any of them batting an eye. Bystanders might be confused but with a bit of reasoning they'd see that it was all in jest

Had I done the same thing to a group of strangers then I'd get my ass whooped.

Wilbur

Banned
You're posting on NeoGAF. The Football Thread is not some independent community. If I get complaints in my inbox from someone who doesn't like to be called a cunt, how else do you expect me to react? I can't tell the person "LOL DEAL WITH IT IF YOU WANT TO POST IN THERE YOU GET CALLED A CUNT!" because that is not the message I want to send in the forum.

So did Kyoufu PM you? Because Pulga didn't call anyone else a cunt and get banned for it

All these hypotheticals are weird.

Bet it was Kyoufu, the cunt.

Messi

He didn't get called a cunt by Pug. He inserted himself into a joke between two mates.

I would like to request Willkillers tag to be changed, it might offend a veteran or outsider who hasn't realized the fun of it.

But i have been called cunt and told to fuck off a bunch of time snow in the thread without reporting it.

I am offended by that. Becuase i dont see it as banter if somebody calls me a cunt or tells me to fuck out off this thread.

Well I don't exactly think it was banter when directed at you today.

That makes sense sure. However, the person pulga got banned for calling a cunt(Kyoufu) didn't have a problem with it. In fact Kyoufu tried to get him unbanned for it. It was a bystander who had a problem with the whole thing.

Top Bottom