• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

feel

Why don't you step outside this thread and call someone a cunt in any other thread "lightheartedly" then? Go on, try!

Do you realize how difficult it makes moderation if you want to have special treatment to be able to call each other cunts, and then someone complains about being called a cunt? I think that's pretty cut and dry. I made a personal decision not to ban for that because I want to engage the community here to explain that difficult, and as such maybe you can compromise your "need" to call each other cunts so we don't have to try and read into every statement to see if you're joking or not. This problem comes up once in a while, and it's always a bitch to deal with.
I can kind of understand a ban if someone who is called a cunt takes it seriously, is offended and complains to the staff, but in this situation a football-gaf regular lovingly called another regular a cunt in jest (something that happens like 80 times a day here and is Evilore-sanctioned as long as it's not a serious tone insult towards another poster) and a random 3rd person who noone has seen post here before decided to report it and you just walked in with the finger on the trigger without looking at the context. I understand you don't have all the time in the world to read back into the context of each potentially bannable post, but now that you know a bit more about this one please reconsider your stance on the ban.

I understand people are getting worked up, but can we step aside from Pulga for a moment? What about this?

That aside, look at the reactions people are giving from simply being questioned about the behavior in here? They tell people to fuck off, they go on even more vulgar rants. This isn't normal behavior at all. Being dismissive of opinions and crude in responses just comes off as rude, as opposed to friendly.

I step in here saying I -don't- want to ban people, and it immediately escalates into hostile crap. Really? It just seems silly to me.

Agreed, some people reacted poorly. But then again, one of the more prominent members of the thread got banned out of nowhere for a whole month for something that happens here all the time. There was none of this "questioning of the behaviour" before the banning. This should have been discussed beforehand without the need for certain people to engage in backseat modding.

Noirulus

ibfnk8GJI53DaW.gif

Damnit, why can't you be more dislikeable Iniesta? :(( Genius spin.

Omiee

Again i should have posted in this thread that i did not like that language and have you guys respond to it before going to a mod.

But iv been called a cunt and told to fuck off a bunch of times no in the 2 or 3 pages.

what is backseat modding btw? I thought you were allowed to pm a mode if you saw something in a thread that was not allowed?

Wilbur

Banned
Again i should have posted in this thread that i did not like that language and have you guys respond to it before going to a mod.

But iv been called a cunt and told to fuck off a bunch of times no in the 2 or 3 pages.

I called you a cunt jokingly to be fair, so that's my end of the bargain. But I got banned for jokingly calling Verano an oaf or a moron before or some shit, so what do I know?

I guess if you become part of this community, we'll know not to call you one. But we all call each other one. And lots of footballers. And managers. And linesmen and referees. And pundits.

WJD

I called you a cunt jokingly to be fair, so that's my end of the bargain. But I got banned for jokingly calling Verano an oaf or a moron before or some shit, so what do I know?

I guess if you become part of this community, we'll know not to call you one. But we all call each other one. And lots of footballers. And managers. And linesmen and referees. And pundits.

Don't forget the ball boy.

bud

i bet pulga doesn't even care about any of this. i bet he's too busy getting his mushroom tip stroked by his beautiful mom.

pulga, you lucky bastard! ;_;

Messi

i bet pulga doesn't even care about any of this. i bet he's too busy getting his mushroom tip stroked by his beautiful mom.

He does care according to the Facebook group :(. Also it's his birthday soon and now he will be banned for it.

Omiee

So just finished pm'ing the mod that banned pulga to see if he can unban him. I clarified that i was not in to the joke and it was two posters who saw no offence to the word and were apparently joking with each other.

Sorry for my part in the whole fuss that ensued after.

But i do want to say i was not pleased to be made a fun off and be called a cunt and to fuck off. Thats a uncivil as you can be to someone.

Hope i can get a second chance from some since i love football and would really like to join this community ( just without someone calling me a cunt or me calling you guys cunts)

what is backseat modding btw? I thought you were allowed to pm a mode if you saw something in a thread that was not allowed?

You see, Evilore made an announcement where he allowed footy-gaf to use the word cunt. You may not like it but unless there is some new moderation policy this language will still be used around here. Are actual personal attacks using the word normally allowed around here? Of course not. Yes, people overreacted to what you did but that's only because, even as you admit, you didn't handle the situation perfectly yourself.

Messi

wow, I only thought Pulga was banned.

Didn't you go to watch the Barca game? How was it?

1924-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

I see you've changed back to your horrible avatar. Didn't you have another bet with Messi?

Yeah didn't he have a bet with me.

It was amazing. The atmosphere at the end was incredible. Great seats too.

Wilbur

Banned

/dead

What the fuck is that forum Pulga and why are 3Sixty and Manager there they have betrayed us

So just finished pm'ing the mod that banned pulga to see if he can unban him. I clarified that i was not in to the joke and it was two posters who saw no offence to the word and were apparently joking with each other.

But i do want to say i was not pleased to be made a fun off and be called a cunt and to fuck off. Thats a uncivil as you can be to someone.

Hope i can get a second chance from some since i love football and would really like to join this community ( just without someone calling me a cunt or me calling you guys cunts)

It would have been less civil to smash your windows in tbf :p

Linius would've done it as well I think, something weird about that boy

Linius

Pulga says you can suck his mushroom tip and lick his balls.

Not sure what to do with this info.

Whatever mod banned RichieS99 told him to enjoy gamefaqs. That offends me, no one enjoys gamefaqs.

Pulga says you can suck his mushroom tip and lick his balls.

Not sure what to do with this info.

Dream about this very scenario tonight. That is what I'm going to do anyway.

Wilbur

Banned

Welcome.

I will wipe the slate clean.

Kiss me.

Top Bottom