• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Lol holy shit people jumping on Sleepless for truthing it up about Rafael.

But it's not the truth. He had a bad first half vs Real Madrid in the first leg. I didn't think he was good vs City, and wasn't as dangerous in attack due to Welbeck not offering up himself as much as Valencia or Nani do on the right wing. Welbeck has probably only played twice on the right wing the whole season so it makes sense that they have no chemistry. I think you're just saying that because Johnson has been bad the last couple of games.

I actually think he's the first United fan that has actually said he's been bad this season.

Steve Bruce thinks Rooney would still have a future at United even if we signed Falcao. Nailed on signing lads.

But really, even though the Lewandowski stories have dried up I still think we'd be more likely to sign him than Falcao.

No way you can keep Rumbo, RVP, and Rppmey happy.

Fergie, you're going to buy a cm and you're going to like it!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
thumbs_bhgw7tqcyaeffma.jpg

If Suarez has to move, I hope its to you guys :)

Or Dortmund

LegoArmo

Rafael's had a brilliant season, and I fully expect him to feature in many pundits (and fans) team of the season, which counts for little, but I hope he gets that recognition.

Wilbur

Banned
Rafael's had a brilliant season, and I fully expect him to feature in many pundits (and fans) team of the season, which counts for little, but I hope he gets that recognition.

Nah, Zabaleta will. City's only outstanding player this season really; Kompany, Nastasic and Clichy have been good as well though

For anyone whose ever had a supermarket staff discount before, can you preorder a console with the discount? Also what would happen if you left between placing the order and it being fulfilled?

@Wilbury, Nastasic as well. Solid as a rock.

LegoArmo

Nah, Zabaleta will. City's only outstanding player this season really; Kompany, Nastasic and Clichy have been good as well though

I really like Nastasic, but Kompany was better last year, and I've not really noticed a lot from Clichy, which is a good thing, I suppose.

Wilbur

Banned
Wonder why all the people on that forum don't come back now the rules are a tad more lax? I love getting new people.

For anyone whose ever had a supermarket staff discount before, can you preorder a console with the discount? Also what would happen if you left between placing the order and it being fulfilled?

@Wilbury, Nastasic as well. Solid as a rock.

Yeah just edited to include the whole City defence really, but the other three won't get TOTY recognition for the most part.

Clegg

I think Phil Jones face is getting more recognition than the very solid performance he put in against City last Monday. It was definitely his best performance at CB that I can remember.

And Evra needs a kick up the arse. Standing still and watching Aguero run by him o score is unacceptable.

Wes

venison crêpe
Quite a few got perma banned for no good reason and quite a lot of them just got sick with GAF I think.

Some are still members they just don't post in here. This thread, like many community threads, has become quite cliquey and can be hard to integrate yourself in to, or back in to. That said footballGAF 1.0 were quite cliquey too, hence why the majority of them have stuck together and gone to the other site, but there were less of us back then.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Phil Jone's face is getting more recognition than the very solid performance he put in against City last Monday. It was definitely his best performance at CB that I can remember.

And Evra needs a kick up the arse. Standing still and watching Aguero run by him o score is unacceptable.

Fucking disgraceful from Evra; why he didn't poke a foot in I'll never fucking know

Jones was great. Our best player for sure.

I noticed a moderator at that forum saying he hopes that Mourinho dies.

cules always causing trouble

bjaelke

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

Code:
Rnk	Team	Pts	+/- Pos	
1	 Spain	        1538	0		
2	 Germany	1428	0		
3	 Argentina	1292	0		
4	 Croatia	1191	5		
5	 Portugal	1163	2		
6	 Colombia	1154	0		
7	 England	1135	-3		
8	 Italy	        1117	-3		
9	 Netherlands	1093	-1		
10	 Ecuador	1056	1
Quite a few got perma banned for no good reason and quite a lot of them just got sick with GAF I think.

There were only a few permanent bans. The majority left out of sympathy/spite.

Fady K

Congrats to Bayern Munich, they are the team to beat this season, by far. Beating Juventus 4-0 is an insane task these days - even if they are without Vidal or Lichtensteiner.
I wonder if they will dominate everything in the next few years under Guardiola.

Having said that, I feel like Juve could have played better. True, as Buffon said, Bayern were better in every aspect. But still, Juventus were definitely below their average performance.

As for Barca, they are nowhere near the favorites in my opinion - even though I am rooting for them obviously. The defensive frailties at the back are too much. Defensive teams that counter well can hurt Barca badly.

If they play Bayern, I suspect they will get overwhelmed. Dortmund will defend well and counter properly, as PSG did I expect. And if they play Madrid, well, for some reason they seem to be inferior to Madrid every time they play them.

PSG - they did very well. If they stay this way they will become a force.

Fady found some use in those United shirts I saw him wearing for Aprils fools after all.

Haha ;D I was afraid that you forgot it was for April fool's back then!

Your ship will sink today by the power of Ibra's nose and Beckham's hair.

The ship almost sank! PSG were a better team overall. Barca were far too flat - not because they were without Messi - but because they were just playing horribly. Fabregas in particular had a night to forget, almost every single shot on goal by him went above to the audience.

Brilliant GIF.

I love it :D!

qindarka

Banned
Jesus, Chelsea in my FM file are absolutely insane. They have in their squad Torres, Ba, Lukaku, Mandzukic, Lewandowski, Rodrigo and Leandro Damiao.

And they are 8th in the table. Serves them right.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought we were friends :( We have 2 - 0 on Lazio and they're missing players through suspension, plus we have the best away record in the Europa League, only conceding in one away game this campaign.

Honest truth: I couldn't remember who Lazio were playing and was too lazy to look it up, so just said Lazio :lol

I'd definitely rather have you over them <3

Brazil aren't even in the top 10? Wow.

They've just been playing friendlies for ages to be fair

But it's not the truth. He had a bad first half vs Real Madrid in the first leg. I didn't think he was good vs City, and wasn't as dangerous in attack due to Welbeck not offering up himself as much as Valencia or Nani do on the right wing. Welbeck has probably only played twice on the right wing the whole season so it makes sense that they have no chemistry. I think you're just saying that because Johnson has been bad the last couple of games.

I actually think he's the first United fan that has actually said he's been bad this season.
i think Morsel was being naughty

Or maybe he's just mad at the FPL points Rafael gets for me.

Speaking of which, Morsel, are you doubling up this week?

Jesus, Chelsea in my FM file are absolutely insane. They have in their squad Torres, Ba, Lukaku, Mandzukic, Lewandowski, Rodrigo and Leandro Damiao.

And they are 8th in the table. Serves them right.

They are like 6th on my save :lol

And Rafa is still the interim three years in :p

Holy shit

@GuillemBalague: After @soccerex and #4Amigos tonight, let's deal with Falcao/MU. But they HAVE paid an advance as they did with de Gea

RADAMEL IS OURS

Top Bottom