• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

I'd disagree. Who's taken advantage of him? If you mean big matches i.e. City and Madrid, one had him hopelessly isolated and Welbeck came further and further infield and the other had him up against the second best player in the world.

Can't think of many who have got the better of Rafael this season. One of our outstanding performers this year.

He's a fantastic player but he also really likes to get up front. Against City he missed so many crosses it was unreal, I'm not saying our backline is perfect but Vidic and Rio contained Ronaldo really well. If we can get a right back of those twos quality then I'd obviously take him over Rafael.

Problem is, I can't think of many good right backs.

FootballFan

Zyf6cws.png

Wilbur

Banned
I think PSG might make a move on Falcao, because we really want another top striker to go along with Zlatan (Gameiro just isn't good enough). But I think he'd rather go to England.

Falcao and Ibra would be overkill, surely :lol, both like being the main target man

He's a fantastic player but he also really likes to get up front. Against City he missed so many crosses it was unreal, I'm not saying our backline is perfect but Vidic and Rio contained Ronaldo really well. If we can get a right back of those twos quality then I'd obviously take him over Rafael.

Problem is, I can't think of many good right backs.

Lahm, Zabaleta, Lichtsteiner, Piszczek... there isn't that many better than Rafael.

The Queen of Football GAF is Omiee Wilbury's mom?

Pulga's, surely. At least we know bud's lubed up for her

Wilbur

Banned
Lol holy shit people jumping on Sleepless for truthing it up about Rafael.

Rafael > Johnson

troof

Seriously, he's been great this year. To pick him out as the weak link in our defence considering he's come up against Bale and Ronaldo in recent weeks, and been hopelessly unguarded by the likes of Welbeck and Valencia is odd to me. Evra's clearly the weak link, fucking trundling around in the centre circle the whole time.

Vettel is a horrible sports man. Germans, eh.

‏@BBCSport
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel says he would “probably” ignore team orders again if he was ordered not to challenge Mark Webber for victory #F1

@BBCSport
Asked if he was getting revenge for Webber being unhelpful in last year’s title-decider, Vettel said:“Probably you could say indirectly so.”

Lol holy shit people jumping on Sleepless for truthing it up about Rafael.

That's how I know I'm the only sane one in UnitedGAF.

Bunch of cunts all of you, RAFA OUT

ElyrionX

Just read up a bit on the whole cunt thing. Took me back to that fateful summer (09 I think) where FootyGAF got culled and virtually the whole community left for good. Football discussion was effectively dead for a full two seasons or so back then.

I wonder how those guys are doing (though I still see a few of them in here now and then).

‏@BBCSport
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel says he would “probably” ignore team orders again if he was ordered not to challenge Mark Webber for victory #F1

@BBCSport
Asked if he was getting revenge for Webber being unhelpful in last year’s title-decider, Vettel said:“Probably you could say indirectly so.”

Omiee likes him.

Makes sense.

Given Lucas' performance so far, he was worth every single euro we paid to get him. And he's gonna keep getting better, with a proper prepration this summer.

Viva's right, you payed over 30 million Euros for a young Brazilian Walcott. We played you, it's ok. Now you can give us Verratti thanks.

Wilbur

Banned
Nice try, but I've been supporting them eversince 1997. Along with Saint-Étienne, the club my father's been supporting since the 1970s.

You're a better PSG fan than Timerda. :lol the post history reveal is one of my favourite moments

Kurtofan is French as well I believe. Not sure who he supports though, popped his head in last night.

Blablurn

‏@BBCSport

@BBCSport

unlike many other drivers vettel is not a bitch. deal with it

Wilbur

Banned
Haha, I've seen that it gets kind of lonely for him around here ^^

I hope the team will stay motivated enough for the game against Troyes (last of the table) this week-end.

You want Ancelotti to stay? Or would you rather if Mourinho became available dumping Carlo, even if you win the title?

I think he deserves to stay for the QFs alone; first season in it, got a bunch of players together as a team, were fucking brave against Barcelona playing with so many attackers. I love Ancelotti.

I don't like Vettel, he's an arrogant prick. But I understand why he's doing it. Personal glory is the name of the game in F1.

Rafael > Johnson

troof

Seriously, he's been great this year. To pick him out as the weak link in our defence considering he's come up against Bale and Ronaldo in recent weeks, and been hopelessly unguarded by the likes of Welbeck and Valencia is odd to me. Evra's clearly the weak link, fucking trundling around in the centre circle the whole time.

Fuck Evra, gets lost in his own thoughts that idiot. Rafael is too young to be playing against Madrid, I don't know if we can win the CL with him there, granted Evra can royale fuck us when we're not looking.

Just voicing my opinion, love you really UnitedGAF.

That's not how you go about racing, if you're saying that respecting your teammate is being a bitch to them then you're basically saying that only Michael Schumacher and Vettel are not.

Oh... I see.

Blablurn

Fuck Evra, gets lost in his own thoughts that idiot. Rafael is too young to be playing against Madrid, I don't know if we can win the CL with him there, granted Evra can royale fuck us when we're not looking.

That's not how you go about racing, if you're saying that respecting your teammate is being a bitch to them then you're basically saying that only Michael Schumacher and Vettel are not.

Oh... I see.

and both are winners!

Wilbur

Banned
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is gonna own so hard :lol

It looks like so much fun. Genuinely excited to get it.

He's certainly inexperienced, but then who would you rather play there against Ronaldo, of all people? Smalling and Jones aren't natural right backs. Rafael was the best man for the job and although he wasn't great in the first leg I thought he was fine in the second.

Linius

I only like the Ferrari drivers. Grew up with Schumi and Ferrari, they're awesome.

But F1 is behind some pay television channel over here now, that sucks. Need to find out if some foreign channel I can receive broadcasts it live.

Indeed. The apocalypse had an apocalypse yo! And yet after playing Far Cry 3 it still looks familiar because of the island :p

Wilbur

Banned
The trailer is awesome! The gameplay, not so much. Far Cry 3 with a new coat of paint.

That's right BABY

Far Cry 3 gameplay was really good I think. I haven't finished the story because that's what I found uninvolving, but I think its really fun to play, cruising around and getting into firefights and stabbing komodos and shit.

He's certainly inexperienced, but then who would you rather play there against Ronaldo, of all people? Smalling and Jones aren't natural right backs. Rafael was the best man for the job and although he wasn't great in the first leg I thought he was fine in the second.
He isn't inexperienced anymore anyway. He's 22 and played something like 150 games, many big ones.

Rafael has had a very good season and will keep on getting better. Been our most consistently performing player in the back line.

Sleepless is having a mare.

Linius

Wilbz is right, the game was already much fun. I think this whole redo with a cyborg coating is just what I need to start playing it again. I still don't get if it's gonna be a full game or just a few missions though?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Far Cry 3 gameplay was really good I think. I haven't finished the story because that's what I found uninvolving, but I think its really fun to play, cruising around and getting into firefights and stabbing komodos and shit.

Me too.
KuGsj.gif

and both are winners!

You're looking for the c-bomb there.

Ronaldo's goal went in because he wasn't covering his back. Anyway, regardless of what happened the boy shows promise and I certainly hope he can do better in defending next year.

phaze

Welp 50 pages to go through.

Congrats to Barca and Bayern, respect to PSG drawing with Barca 2 times is no easy feat. Juve I'm dissapoint, was expecting much more of a fight.

Just read up a bit on the whole cunt thing. Took me back to that fateful summer (09 I think) where FootyGAF got culled and virtually the whole community left for good. Football discussion was effectively dead for a full two seasons or so back then.

I wonder how those guys are doing (though I still see a few of them in here now and then).

Was posted earlier in the thread. http://www.lcvg.com/index.php?/topic/14294-official-footballsoccerfutbol-thread-20122013/page-491

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Iaquinta earns more than Vidal, Vucinic, Matri, Quaglia, Barzagli and Bonucci.

iaquinta.jpg

If we buy players from Atalanta and Udinese next season I'm going to shit on Marotta's bed.

Clegg

Steve Bruce thinks Rooney would still have a future at United even if we signed Falcao. Nailed on signing lads.

But really, even though the Lewandowski stories have dried up I still think we'd be more likely to sign him than Falcao.

Top Bottom