• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

It's a tough one. Considering how Basel played last week then they're certainly primed to be stronger at home, but you've looked better away all season.

Indeed, trouble is our pacey players aren't fit which is quite a big part of how we play at home. Dem sexy counter attacks when the home team get comfy.

Can you imagine a counter attack tonight?

"Basel have lost the ball here and Spurs can break"

"Parker does a 720!! on the ball, triffic stuff"

"Passes back to Dawson, who lumps it forward"

"Dempsey and Gylfi are chasing"

"Still chasing"

"Nope didn't quite make it, Basel instead punted the ball back up and are now 1-0 up"

Meteorain

292277_579256262092474_1544346215_n.jpg

Question: Who do those belong to?

Aguero

Meier

But they will take less from other suitors and they are clearly indicating that, which will induce them to bid. I think you're underestimating quite how much they don't want to sell their star player to their sworn rival.

If someone has a release clause, it doesn't matter who the team wants to sell to. There is no incentive to take less than 55m here because they can get 55m from anyone who is interested. Regardless, it will be an odd transfer because he is largely owned by a third party and that will have to be worked out before he moves to England if he even does.

Here's my goal in FUT last night from a corner. Best I've ever managed perhaps: http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/155316591

qindarka

Banned
Chelsea Starting 11: Cech, Azpilicueta, Terry, David Luiz, Ferreira, Ake, Lampard, Ramires, Benayoun, Moses, Torres.
Chelsea subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Mata, Oscar, Mikel, Hazard, Marin.

This doesn't look good. Hopefully they can at least not lose by 2.

If someone has a release clause, it doesn't matter who the team wants to sell to. There is no incentive to take less than 55m here because they can get 55m from anyone who is interested. Regardless, it will be an odd transfer because he is largely owned by a third party and that will have to be worked out before he moves to England if he even does.

Here's my goal in FUT last night from a corner. Best I've ever managed perhaps:
http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/155316591

But you have to understand that they're trying to sweeten the deal for all teams that aren't RM by reducing the price so that they come in with offers and squeeze RM out of the negotiation. The idea is that RM can offer the 55 and be in negotiations with Falcao but they'll end up paying a lot more than everyone else, and that might be enough to put them off.

Ferreira is just staying at Chelsea until Mourinho returns and gives him a coaching role. Will be good to see Ake play again, he's not looked too bad the few times I've seen him.

Meier

But you have to understand that they're trying to sweeten the deal for all teams that aren't RM by reducing the price so that they come in with offers and squeeze RM out of the negotiation. The idea is that RM can offer the 55 and be in negotiations with Falcao but they'll end up paying a lot more than everyone else, and that might be enough to put them off.

But that's just it -- it won't put them off and everyone knows that. Madrid want Falcao and Aguero. Falcao has a release clause and Aguero doesn't. Madrid will bid for Falcao. End of story.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The last few pages were pretty hilarious.

I guess rumbo sounds like Rambo in English.

Vamos Rubin Kazan!

-Fry, Pep is going to sell Neuer and buy Valdes

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Search Falcao United on Twitter. The comments are hilarious

-No, but he's crazy. Did you see our formations and squad selections towards the end of last season?

But that's just it -- it won't put them off and everyone knows that. Madrid want Falcao and Aguero. Falcao has a release clause and Aguero doesn't. Madrid will bid for Falcao. End of story.

Meier_ITK.

I'm not saying their strategy is fool proof. If RM want him no matter the cost then they can get him I'm sure. But you said there's no reason why Atletico would accept less than the 55 and I'm telling you that they would so that they can encourage other teams to come in for Falcao. It's not fool proof but it's not ridiculous either.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
If Atletico sell Falcao to Real the Atleti fan base will turn on them.

PSG pls

-damn, Guily looks like shit now that he lost his hair.

:(

Bumhead

Banned
The Football Association's new director of elite development Dan Ashworth has named seven players he feels will be the future of English football.

Ashworth picks out England squad members Jack Wilshere, 21, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 19, and Danny Welbeck, 22.

Rising stars Wilfried Zaha, 20, Thomas Ince, 21, Raheem Sterling, 18, and Luke Shaw, 17, are also identified.

Lol Welbeck

This is brilliant.

Basically 5 Premier League regulars plus two Championship players who either are or have been rumoured to be moving to Premier League clubs.

Thanks for that, Director of Elite Development.

Messi

I was just jeered by a group of barca fans ( I think) for wearing a Valencia shirt (it's this seasons 4th kit. All in good fun though. I think.

Clegg

Isn't the new elite development director the guy who used to work for West Brom?

I've heard that he is very highly regarded in English football.

3Sixty

This is brilliant.

Basically 5 Premier League regulars plus two Championship players who either are or have been rumoured to be moving to Premier League clubs.

Thanks for that, Director of Elite Development.

Haha Yeah.

Though in fairness i don't expect him to start calling some 14/15 year olds the future of English football, a little bit of pressure eh. Seems abit of a dumb thing to come out and say though.

Moobabe

Chelsea Starting 11: Cech, Azpilicueta, Terry, David Luiz, Ferreira, Ake, Lampard, Ramires, Benayoun, Moses, Torres.
Chelsea subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Mata, Oscar, Mikel, Hazard, Marin.

This doesn't look good. Hopefully they can at least not lose by 2.

I like the look of it; the only one that bemuses me is why Benayoun starts over Marin while our main three are rested. Ferreira is a top pro and I'm glad to see him playing.

Top Bottom