• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Noirulus

Just caught the semi-final match-ups. I was fine with getting any team (although slightly apprehensive of a Bayern clash..) so ending up with Dortmund is pretty good.

Meier

Done :)

not a lot of votes yet. How many do you guys need?

Thanks guys! No real target necessarily but every little poll saying it's a good idea helps. Someone within the city/county government has to give the final go-ahead for them to use taxpayer funds to help build the stadium that is necessary for the MLS to let the team join the league. The more positive response, the better!

Messi being on 43 goals is incredible.. that guy.

pulga

Banned
SOCCGoldenBoot-1.jpg

Ive wondered, are Messi and Cristianos ridiculous goal tally more indicative of their insurmountable form or of the piss poor quality of the league?

Are we ever going to see goal tallys like those ever again?

Fantomex

You guys will learn to love VettelSuperfan#1. He makes really wacky comments, has no perception of reality and probably still has pokemon cards. Oh and he likes whomever is really really really good at the time! He's like that kid in school that thought he could make friends by being the teachers aide, pointing out who was late and ratting out the gang having fun at recess, but then he doesn't understand why nobody showed up for his birthday.

d3shMic.jpg

He keeps things interesting though!
KuGsj.gif

FootballFan

Ive wondered, are Messi and Cristianos ridiculous goal tally more indicative of their insurmountable form or of the piss poor quality of the league?

Are we ever going to see goal tallys like those ever again?

They are that good. Take CL for example, a competition where they don't play La Liga teams.

Ronaldo top scorer in CL 2008, Messi top scorer CL 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Ronaldo looks to have it in 2013.

Messi scores 4 against Arsenal, 5 against Leverkusen, just like he scores 4 against Spanish teams(done it twice I think).

But I think defending on the whole is either worse or strikers are just getting better. Suarez, RVP, Cavani, Falcao, Ronaldo, Messi etc all have very good stats.

LTWheels

I think Flanagan's days are numbered unfortunately. I think both Wisdom and McLaughlin have more chance of breaking through in that position.

I can't see Flanagan making it as a full back. Not skillfull enough on the ball. There has been talks that he has had a massive knock to his confidence. I wonder if he could play centre back in a Carragher style.

Mastadon

Banned
Was this before or after they dropped Chris Wood?

They never play Harry Kane. Pricks.

Chris Woods has been great until recently, 17 goals this year I think? Seems to have disappeared lately though.

Pearson is a bit of a waster though. Bring back Sven.

Edit: Kane has had 5 starts!

pulga

Banned
They are that good. Take CL for example, a competition where they don't play La Liga teams.

Ronaldo top scorer in CL 2008, Messi top scorer CL 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Ronaldo looks to have it in 2013.

Messi scores 4 against Arsenal, 5 against Leverkusen, just like he scores 4 against Spanish teams(done it twice I think).

But I think defending on the whole is either worse or strikers are just getting better. Suarez, RVP, Cavani, Falcao, Ronaldo, Messi etc all have very good stats.

Do- does this mean Ronaldo gets to win the Ballon d'Or this year?

FIFAlona pls

GQman2121

Banned
Just caught up with today's thread action. Seems like you gentlemen have been busy. I will look into this Whatsapp as it sounds like a good way to make me less productive at the office. Cheers

Top Bottom