• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Suen

The deal could be great for us because we have some extremely talented youngsters in our lineup, especially Gnarby. So I am hoping we can work something out with them.

Honestly, stuff Fabregas, I would rather us throw the cheque book at Isco to get him to come. Use Monreal, Cazorla, Arteta and Fabregas to get into his ear to join us. Cesc made his decision and while I loved what he done for us he was kinda disrespectful to us in the last 6mths and clearly wanted to go so he can now make it work. Hopefully now he realizes what he had at Arsenal before he threw it away. Same with Alex Song, no coming back now they made the decision to join Barcelona and now both their careers have suffered for it.

Cesc was probably, along with Iniesta, the most creative midfielder in the game when he left us and now look at him? You look at what Song done last season and compare him to this season? It's amazing it's taken this long for Messi to pull his hamstring because with so many Barca lips attached to his ass it must get kinda heavy after a while.

And Damn it. Betis only drew. What are the Europa qualification spots for Spain?

Most of those talented youngsters will probably not get a chance to play in the first team anyway as we've rather buy players who've proven themselves. Might as well send them out to other big leagues and let them get that experience. A few years later and who knows what level these youngsters will be playing at.

Omg imagine Isco at the team. Monreal, Isco and Cazorla....so good. We should buy Willy as well (not Valdes), he's been amazing this season. If not Willy then Lopez if Madrid let go off him, Wenger pls. At the same time I would have liked Malaga to keep all these top players they sold. Seriously if they still played for Malaga then Malaga could have proven itself to be a great and strong club within a few years which would certainly be a good thing for La Liga. Bit of a shame really. Not going to say no to quality players from Malaga but not going to be angry either if they keep them :p

Cesc and Song really wasted their career. Cesc would have had so much more respect at Arsenal and most of all he would be playing regularly and be a central part of the team. I know it's really tempting to join a big club like Barcelona but damn if that didn't hurt. Also like you mentioned his career (Song's too) really went down the drain, what a waste of football strength. I've only laughed at Song this season...I don't even know what the fuck he does for Barca :lol. FootballFan explain.

I think the Europa qualification in La Liga is this:

1-3: Direct entry to CL group stage
4: CL play-off round
5: EL play-off round
6: EL third qualifying round
7: Depends on Copa Del Rey. If winners of CDR have qualified for CL then spot goes to runner-up. If runner-up has qualified for CL as well it goes to the next highest ranked team which would be the 7th one

edit: edited La Liga qualification info above.

arkon

index.php

LOL

That's a shame. I quite liked the guy at Reading. I'm duty-bound to hate him now he's at Leeds.

Sanjay

He's a mix of 3 breeds. Husky, Germany Shepherd and Alaskan Malamute. Not sure what percentage, I'd say mostly the first 2. They're sometimes called Utonagan, but this isn't a recognised breed. He is 12 months old

Damn, so hard to get then, looks amazing. I wants one.

Which one? Billy? Tommy? Jason? Zach?
People who are inferior to red/blue bros.

Austin St John - The Red Power Ranger
Rumours though.

Suen

I think the Europa qualification in La Liga is this:

1-3: Direct entry to CL group stage
4: CL play-off round
5: EL play-off round
6: EL third qualifying round
7: Depends on Copa Del Rey. If winners of CDR have qualified for CL then spot goes to runner-up. If runner-up has qualified for CL as well it goes to the next highest ranked team which would be the 7th one

edit: edited La Liga qualification info above.

I didn't think about this but as it looks now both Madrid and Atletico will qualify for CL and both are in the final of CDR so whoever ends up in 7th position will qualify for Europa League. Should make things even more intense in that part of the rankings.

Meier

U mad? Maher will stay in the Eredivisie. Ajax or PSV. Keep your damn oil money!
They are suggesting he'll cost £15m (that's about €20m or so I guess?). Do you think Ajax or PSV would be willing to spend that much? Not all that sure what is typical for them.

Linius

They are suggesting he'll cost £15m (that's about €20m or so I guess?). Do you think Ajax or PSV would be willing to spend that much? Not all that sure what is typical for them.

Asking price is ten mil in euros. What is your source? :p

And he's on out 'shadow list' as Eriksen replacement for this summer.

Meier

The MEN are suggesting that City are looking at swapping Dzeko for Gotze. I imagine some cash may go there way as well if this happened.

We're apparently selling Omar Elabdellaoui to Eintracht Braunschweig. He's one of the talented young players we have out on loan. Shame, heard very good things but he was never going to play for the team realistically.

FootballFan

X/Y BROS

FootballFan
Wilbury
DC89
Vivalaraza
Freewheelin
Clegg
Linius
Meier
Spidye
3Sixty
tc91
TrueBlue
SleeplessNights
D_Prodigy
Killer7
Arkon
Flintstryker
Willkiller
Feorax
Flippedb
SpanishWrath
Pulga

The list grows

Mastadon

Banned
That's what my friend asks me. Living in England and not liking bacon is treated like a crime. :(

He says I inherently don't like it because I'm Iranian. Which... makes no sense to me.

Bacon is the only thing in the world that you can add to literally any other dish or meal to improve it. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Top Bottom