• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Blablurn

Bayern in 6.5 hours! Didnt know Nürnberg won 10 of the last 12 points. damn. Seems like it won't be an easy match. Of course u might wonder "why the hell do u even care, Bla?". The answer is easy. Last year Dortmund set the record for the most points in one season and if nothing dramatic happens we should be able to get this one too! We just need to win our home games. So we better dont fuck this up.

Gambit

Robben shouldn't play at all if u ask me :/ I think he should become our joker and Shaqiri should play instead.

I'd actually go the Schweinsteiger in front of Gustavo & Martinez route. We need stability!

Especially since Gomez won't attack from behind like Mandzukic did.

anyhow, can't wait!

Bayern in 6.5 hours! Didnt know Nürnberg won 10 of the last 12 points. damn. Seems like it won't be an easy match. Of course u might wonder "why the hell do u even care, Bla?". The answer is easy. Last year Dortmund set the record for the most points in one season and if nothing dramatic happens we should be able to get this one too! We just need to win our home games. So we better dont fuck this up.

We only need three more wins, right?

Lightning

Banned
Don't you want Chelsea to play an extra game to hinder them in their top 4 chase?
At the risk of you getting an easier game to a trophy? No. Chelsea vs Wigan/Millwall for the FA cup is not part of the plan. You won't need to rest much for a game like that. City must win and then we can just sit back and wait for the congested fixtures to take their toll. You only need to drop points in 2 or 3 games and HOPEFULLY Spurs don't drop the ball and beat you at Stamford Bridge.

You meeting Fulham and wearing them out before we have toi play them so soon after a gruelling match against City.

FootballFan

Robben shouldn't play at all if u ask me :/ I think he should become our joker and Shaqiri should play instead.

Everybody scores against us, so who you play up front shouldn't be of any worry, as they will score.

It's more about stopping us from scoring more than you.

Alaba vs Alves will be very important I think. Sanchez/Tello/Pedro will have to work hard to help out Alves with Ribery and Alaba.

Really excited tbh. Last time we played you, you were using really shit players and we win 4-0(2 messi goals, 1 eto'o and 1 henry). This one will be much closer I think.

Blablurn

I'd actually go the Schweinsteiger in front of Gustavo & Martinez route. We need stability!

Especially since Gomez won't attack from behind like Mandzukic did.

anyhow, can't wait!

We only need three more wins, right?

yeah, three more wins. that should be possible, right?

Everybody scores against us, so who you play up front shouldn't be of any worry, as they will score.

It's more about stopping us from scoring more than you.

Alaba vs Alves will be very important I think. Sanchez/Tello/Pedro will have to work hard to help out Alves with Ribery and Alaba.

Really excited tbh. Last time we played you, you were using really shit players and we win 4-0(2 messi goals, 1 eto'o and 1 henry). This one will be much closer I think.

lol, last time Barcelona just had mercy with us. I remember they didnt even attack in the second half anymore. I mean, we had Rensing in the goal and Lell and Oddo in the defense. Holy shit, that was quite bad. Yeah, in the end it's all about controlling Messi. The problem is, how do u control him? The one thing that keeps my hopes up is the fact that Barca hasn't dominated any big team in the last months. Matches against Madrid, PSG and Milan were always pretty close. On the other hand, Messi just needs one great day and the duel is over because he just scored a hattrick lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jesus fuck that thread in OT about the boy who killed himself while driving is making me mad. I mean, not the story itself which is pretty sad, but some people bragging about doing it in real life. Teh fuck.

Lightning

Banned
Jesus fuck that thread in OT about the boy who killed himself while driving is making me mad. I mean, not the story itself which is pretty sad, but some people bragging about doing it in real life. Teh fuck.
I made that mistake once, almost killed myself, never again. Such a dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Now when I need to text I pull over.

Hitcher, who's your tip to make the FA cup finals?

sohois

I'm not sure if its because I only catch up with the big games, but it feels like our youth teams have fallen off a cliff since Wisdom, Suso and Sterling got promoted

@whoever suggested Flanagan at CB, no chance. Too slight, too aggressive, too reckless.

It's just you. The u-21s have been doing very well, the u-18s not quite as well but still strong. Also bear in mind that for the FA youth cup Wisdom and Suso wouldn't even play even if they were still with the reserves. The big issue has been some long term injuries with Yesil, Pelosi and Brad Smith all out for months. At youth level the only left back is an under 16 player.

Forza Loko. I'll be watching. Better be good and Loskov better play.

Football fan you are quickly becoming my favorite poster. Just wait for N'Doye to take out Zenit.

Hey Wooden, our club was picking a new kit the other night and I decided to look at the Danish league teams. I know you hate them but Brondby's looks gooooood. We ended up setting on Esbjerg though. Dat fuschia kit.

Just the color combination itself is terrible!

Rosenborg>all other Scandinavian clubs

iAq52Krfyxtqm.gif

it55A4k3U44Ew.gif

Feorax

We haven't really got anything to play for in the league, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 4-2-4 again today, and maybe a youngster or two thrown in.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol. Vermaelen error for the goal since you like to pick on him?

Keep the dreams alive at least. I want you full of hope when Spurs blow it all, it will make it that much more amusing!

Didn't you draw this game 3-3 last season?

I expect you will crush them but you never know.

settled on this:

Code:
Futebol, Inglaterra - Prem. League
Southampton - West Ham 
Resultado : Southampton (Quota : 1,75)

Futebol, Alemanha - Bundesliga
Mainz - Hamburgo 
Resultado : Empate (Quota : 3,60)

Futebol, Ucrânia - 1.ª Liga
Karpaty Lviv - Dínamo Kiev 
Resultado : Dínamo Kiev (Quota : 1,52)

5€ bet, for 44.90€ profit.

Lightning

Banned
Didn't you draw this game 3-3 last season?

I expect you will crush them but you never know.
Never know in a game of football. Yeah, 3-3 last year but this year Norwich aren't the attacking threat they were under Lambert. They are also harder to break down in most matches. I don't expect a lot of goals but I expect us to win it easily enough.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Norwich would be my estimated result.

We are going to have issues with Everton and Fulham away for sure though. So we'll be dropping points for the lols.

btw, Why do you hate us so much and who do you hate more, us or Chelsea?

that's even riskier, Arsenal tends to play better vs superior teams.
Not this season. This season we are taking it to the bottom teams, especially at the Emirates. Really hard to see Norwich getting anything other than a frustratingly annoying draw.

Arsenal is actually my favourite PL team. not as cuntish as United, as plastic as City or as Russia mafia'ed as Chelsea.

edit: i forgot Liverpool, but so did the top of the table.

FootballFan

Football fan you are quickly becoming my favorite poster. Just wait for N'Doye to take out Zenit.

:) If Loskov starts N'Doye will be fed so many great balls that I will be surprised if he doesn't score
unless the keeper knees him in the face and knocks him out early on

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
btw, Why do you hate us so much and who do you hate more, us or Chelsea?

I don't hate Arsenal. They are just our rivals, my attitude towards them is more teasing than genuine loathing.

Chelsea I actually do hate, they are a horrible club with no class and I would be quite happy if they were relegated and never came back. I wouldn't want Arsenal to be relegated because the NLD and the rivalry is too much fun. It's like Batman and the Joker, Spurs might end up being foiled by Arsenal most of the time but the season-long scrap is part of the fun.

Salazar

I do hate Liverpool.

I want them to get relegated, then come back, then get relegated again, then come back, then get relegated again, then come back, and then fuck off for good.

Lightning

Banned
I don't hate Arsenal. They are just our rivals, my attitude towards them is more teasing than genuine loathing.

Chelsea I actually do hate, they are a horrible club with no class and I would be quite happy if they were relegated and never came back. I wouldn't want Arsenal to be relegated because the NLD and the rivalry is too much fun. It's like Batman and the Joker, Spurs might end up being foiled by Arsenal most of the time but the season-long scrap is part of the fun.
Oh I agree. I quite like Spurs, I just don't want them finishing above us because of the rivarly but in saying that I don't want any team to finish above us. I reckon our derby is the best out of the bunch. Exciting games that can go either way filled with a lot of goals. Really exciting games and part of the fun.

Chelsea are an appaling club. I really want City to smash them this weekend and wear them out enough so Fulham can beat them next week as well. That would be awesome. I really really want Spurs and Arsenal to finish 3rd and 4th with Chelsea missing out. Not only because both our clubs don't like Chelsea but it will be a stick up Abramovich's ass that with all that oil money spent over the summer they still failed to qualify. If they win the Europa, so be it, but don't want them finishing in the top 4 and don't want them winning the FA cup.

Wenger said it best in our prematch conference against Norwich that he doesn't consider Chelsea deserving of Europe this season because of their pathetic CL group stage results and Wenger's right.

I want Mancini gone if only to remove City's interest in Jovetic. Then again Mancini makes City suck, so maybe good thing that he stays another year. lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Bayern might not stand a chance against Barcelona. :(

What's Bayern's plan B? It's a given they won't control the possession in that game. Can they play on the counter like BVB or Madrid...?

Gambit

What's Bayern's plan B? It's a given they won't control the possession in that game. Can they play on the counter like BVB or Madrid...?

Theoretically players like Robben (speed), Müller (intelligence) and especially Gomez (gasp) are fantastic for counters. That is how the latter of those became what he is. (Of course, Barca might not give them any space at all).

Even with their dominance, Bayern has scored quite a few goals on the counter.

We will see. Barca are the favourites, though. Against any team.

fuenf

YES THEY CAN :D Ribery / Robben / Müller and Gomez (!!!) are all great counter attacking players, add Neuer who can throw the ball easily past the midfield line and you have a great counter-attacking team. You usually don't see Bayern play like that because most opponents always keep 4-5 players back when they play Bayern, but Barca could be extremely vulnerable to Bayerns counters.

Matter of fact, that was Heynckes biggest adjustment after Van Gaal. He got rid of the boring horizontal Barca-like possession football and added tons of vertical elements.

FootballFan

^^Front line of Kroos-Pizarro-Shaqiri would score against us easily, let alone Ribery, Gomez/Mandzukic, Muller, Robben etc.

Like I said to Bla, the main job is to stop us from scoring because scoring on the other side will be the easy part.

Sviat, don't know if you are here but that was a fluke goal. Great work from Hulk though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Fuenf + Gambit

Let's fucking hope so, for everyone's sake.

He deserves better than

a) memos from Txiki telling him what formation to play
b) City fans, dc excepted
c) filth like Tevez and mercs like Yaya

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

b) Meier is cool

Top Bottom