• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

sohois

Also most of them are sleeping. We rarely get many posts at these kind of times anyway as there are only a few Aussie and Asian football gaffers

GorillaJu

These dopey Everton fans and players actually think they have a shot at top 4. Just lol...

Gervinho-1771686.jpg

Falcao rumors ?

Vorm rumors!

Michel-Vorm.jpg

Please buy him Arsenal/Liverpool/Man C/Barca, for 12m pounds!

You can strike ourselves and City from that list.

Reina deserves to show that he can sustain his return to form, and Hart is just better than Vorm whichever way you cut it.

Nyx

You can strike ourselves and City from that list.

Reina deserves to show that he can sustain his return to form, and Hart is just better than Vorm whichever way you cut it.

True, but hopefully there will be a lot of goalie-transfers so that Vorm will end up at a bigger club and Utrecht gets 30% of the transferfee. ;)

Lightning

Banned
They might make a fair bit of money for transfers out as well. They have some good things for sale.
True but their top players wont be sold. Tevez is the only expensive player I see leaving, I doubt Nasri will be sold, and the rest are not going to fetch high fees and City will have to help out with wages.

Also, Yurt are you online?

True but their top players wont be sold. Tevez is the only expensive player I see leaving, I doubt Nasri will be sold, and the rest are not going to fetch high fees and City will have to help out with wages.

How do you reckon you'll do for incoming players? What are ya buying?

bjaelke

Edin Dzeko could probably go for a decent price.

Lightning

Banned
How do you reckon you'll do for incoming players? What are ya buying?
I honestly don't expect us to do that much at all. I expect us to sign a decent striker, perhaps Jovetic but unlikely given City's interest. The others I expect a goal keeper to definitely arrive since Fabianski is off contract at the end of this season I am led to believe and a defender and defensive midfielder.

So basically (names are just guesses)

In:

Jovetic
Begovic
Gonalons
<Random french defender>

Out

Sagna
Arshavin
Fabianski
Bendtner
Other players not in the first team squad. There is a possibility that Podolski may be sold as well since with the World Cup next year he can't afford to not play or be an impact player. With the talent Germany have he will get left behind so I expect discussions of some sort here. Same with Vermaelen. Wenger is full of shit, he has no trust in Vermaelen or Szczesny at the moment and I don't think he trusts Gervinho all that much either. I don't anticipate us accepting vast losses, put it that way but I do expect us to break our transfer record since it's so pathetically low.

How about Liverpool?

Edin Dzeko could probably go for a decent price.
Only Dortmund linked? Dortmund doubtful to pay a high price for him and he'll need to drop his wages considerably to fit in Dortmund. Sahin had to drop his by quite a bit and he was on less than Dzeko.

I honestly don't expect us to do that much at all. I expect us to sign a decent striker, perhaps Jovetic but unlikely given City's interest. The others I expect a goal keeper to definitely arrive since Fabianski is off contract at the end of this season I am led to believe and a defender and defensive midfielder.

In:

Jovetic
Begovic
Gonalons
<Random french defender>

Out

Sagna
Arshavin
Fabianski
Bendtner
Other players not in the first team squad. There is a possibility that Podolski may be sold as well since with the World Cup next year he can't afford to not play or be an impact player. With the talent Germany have he will get left behind so I expect discussions of some sort here. Same with Vermaelen. Wenger is full of shit, he has no trust in Vermaelen or Szczesny at the moment and I don't think he trusts Gervinho all that much either. I don't anticipate us accepting vast losses, put it that way but I do expect us to break our transfer record since it's so pathetically low.

How about Liverpool?

Only Dortmund linked? Dortmund doubtful to pay a high price for him and he'll need to drop his wages considerably to fit in Dortmund. Sahin had to drop his by quite a bit and he was on less than Dzeko.

Fuck knows what we'll do. Being out of the CL and having a rubbish season makes our choice of targets very wide, and cuts us off from the likes of Jovetic.

We'll definitely sell Skrtel, probably Coates and Suarez, and I have a feeling Reina will leave as well. Carroll also, if we can find a buyer

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta "Vidal, Pogba? We value our assets. We are not a selling club."

Di Marizio-SKY "Interest for Vidal is real but the rumours are unfounded. Juventus do not intend selling him at any price."

Conte said it would be "a crime" not to start Pogba at the moment.

You hear that, Sir Alex? A crime. You are a criminal.

:lol :lol :lol

Yes! And Zabo apparently! :p Sup?

Koko

Banned

In:

Jovetic
Begovic
Gonalons
<Random french defender>

Out

Sagna
Arshavin
Fabianski
Bendtner

How about Liverpool?

I might start to like Arsenal if they sign Gonalons he is amazing <3

Whoever gets Lewandowski will win the respective league. Falcao am cry.

Gomez could work at City, but could also fail horribly - especially if they'll try to engage him in the game and won't just let him poach around.

Lightning

Banned
Yes! And Zabo apparently! :p Sup?
Reports from Italy that we met with Jovetic on the weekend and we have submitted a 24mil bid for him. How much bullshit is this?

Also, Is the Fiorentina/Juventus hatred bad or something? I was reading up on it and the writer spoke about a long standing fued between the clubs and something about Baggio?

I might start to like Arsenal if they sign Gonalons he is amazing <3
We are linked with him. With Capoue 99.9% heading to PSG it makes sense for us to try and get Gonalons.

deGod

In:

Jovetic
Begovic
Gonalons
<Random french defender>

Out

Sagna
Arshavin
Fabianski
Bendtner

How about Liverpool?

I think Sagna to barca

Kenka

Falcao rumors ?

Vorm rumors!

Please buy him Arsenal/Liverpool/Man C/Barca, for 12m pounds!
Shut up Nyx, Velthuizen is better.

shctop_13_280x390_1094612a.jpg

Piet-Velthuizen.jpg

But I hope he stays in Arnhem :-(
Bring me Havenaar, Kakuta and Velthuizen in the next edition of the CL.

bjaelke

Chelsea and Manchester City are following Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez. Both clubs have made Napoli's Edinson Cavani their number one target but the losers in that battle could turn to Germany star Gomez, with Bayern willing to listen to offers for the 27-year-old. (Daily Mail)

sohois

In:

Jovetic
Begovic
Gonalons
<Random french defender>

Out

Sagna
Arshavin
Fabianski
Bendtner

How about Liverpool?

I tend to think most predictions of forthcoming transfer activity to be largely worthless and far too certain, so bear in mind this a very conservative list

Out (in order of likelihood):
Carragher
Spearing
Carroll
Other reserves (those 3 are the only ones who would make any money)

In (in order of likelihood):
Central defender - Williams most often linked, though i find recent price rumours to be absurd
Defensive midfielder - Diame has been frequently linked, but more by journos than any concrete sources
Winger - Tom Ince is the obvious one
Striker; 4th choice - Liverpool have been linked with a number of strikers, I have noted '4th choice' because I believe Liverpool will not want to bring in a big name here. Liverpool were linked with Franco di Santo on a free who would be appropriate, but again more by journos making an obvious link
No. 10 - There have been a large number of links with "no.10s" in the media, particularly the likes of Erikssen and Ben Arfa, but I do not consider it very likely. First of all, much of the speculation has been based on comments in January before Coutinho was signed; I believe his signature has greatly reduced the likelihood, journalists are merely repeating what little concrete data they have from the club. Furthermore, Liverpool have made no formal approach to Ajax, they have only sent scouts to their games which every large team in the world does thus there is not much to draw on from that.
Full-Back - I presume a left back rather than right but cannot be certain; there have been no concrete links with any players hence its place at the bottom of the likelihoods though I consider it a quite likely area personally

There are a number of other players whom other fans might predict could be sold, yet I feel that each one would fundamentally alter the transfer strategy, thus completely changing the player in predictions. The only link with players other than the 3 mentioned has been the tiniest hint of Shelvey going to Stoke.

Zabojnik

Reports from Italy that we met with Jovetic on the weekend and we have submitted a 24mil bid for him. How much bullshit is this?

Haven't heard anything concrete about Arsenal courting Jovetic. It's still all 'Juve or City' talk in Italy.

Also, Is the Fiorentina/Juventus hatred bad or something? I was reading up on it and the writer spoke about a long standing fued between the clubs and something about Baggio?

It's pretty bad, even though it's mostly a case of them hating us and us ignoring them most of the time. And then there's the whole "-39" business from Viola's ultras, which is just appaling. Just like Napoli, their fans needed to find a big club they could hate to feel important and went for the biggest club they could find (fuck you, Galliani). Baggio's transfer was just a pretext.

FootballFan

Haven't heard anything concrete about Arsenal courting Jovetic. It's still all 'Juve or City' talk in Italy.

It's pretty bad, even though it's mostly a case of them hating us and us ignoring them most of the time. And then there's the whole "-39" business from Viola's ultras, which is just appaling. Just like Napoli, their fans needed to find a big club they could hate to feel important and went for the biggest club they could find (fuck you, Galliani). Baggio's transfer was just a pretext.

How long have you had that avatar? It's amazing haha.

Top Bottom