• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Kenka

What's the going rate for Gomez? £15 million or less?
Never heard of the Blasphemy Act ? Don't insult our Based Gomez.

mario-gomez.jpg

Kenka

Ooooh. But I'm at home so I mostly lunch anywhere between 12 and 1. Getting downstairs in a bit, can't skip lunch :p

Actually, and speaking honestly, cutting off lunch has helped my stay awake much longer at work, even though my task is repetitive at times. I don't encourage everyone to do so but it certainly had a positive impact on me. I don't know yet if the impact is short-lived though.

Raiola: "If Real Madrid wants Niang or Pogba they have to call me first."

Holy shit that was fast.

He also added: "those two are great players, everybody likes them. There's no contract that will keep a player in a certain team forever, there will always be a chance to leave."

Holy shit that was fast.

He also added: "those two are great players, everybody likes them. There's no contract that will keep a player in a certain team forever, there will always be a chance to leave."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Holy shit that was fast.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

40m

Edit: DAMMIT! Beaten by the horse. I have shamed the magpies.

Bumhead

Banned
lol

The high-five after Evra smacked his head on the ground was hilarious too.

Such a shit, shit outfit. Ugly fans. Corpse of a chairman. Joke of a manager.

I can't wait until they're back to playing infront of 13,000 when they go down so football can collectively stop this absolute drivel about how amazing and loud their "12th man" is.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 15m
25 - @WayneRooney has scored & assisted 25 goals in 29 appearances in the Premier League & Champions League this season. Involved.

See he's well good PSG give us £30m.

GorillaJu

Rooney has scored or created goals nearly every game he's played this season. I'm convinced the reason he's so out of favor has to do with his personality or Ferguson's, and not his ability. He's barely had any games, yet scored loads and some of them beauties (like that curler a few weeks ago vs. Norwich (he also had 2 assists in that game).

Something is clearly going on behind the scenes, because when he's up for it he's still magnificent.

phaze

If his price is above £15 mil then he is ok (for Ian Wright)

But seriously I'm also curious, is Jovetic good enough? I don't usually watch Fiorentina's games though they seem to have a good season this time. How well is he doing now? Does he look promising for the future? Is he getting better? Otherwise wouldn't it be better to throw out more cash on a striker that already has everything we need? Not that we'd ever throw out a huge sum for any player but at least I can dream.

It depends on what is Arsenal looking in Jovetic. If Arsenal want a replacement for RVP or someone who can score just for fun then he is clearly not enough. But if Arsenal is looking for a striker who can also play as a playmaker (CF) and someone who can play with another striker as Giroud, then he should be enough.

Yeah I think we should aim for someone who could have RvP'esque impact on our game, who could let us really challenge for PL. I've had enough of fighting only for the CL spot. If we're gonna kick out Giroud the improvement should be substantial and Jovetic though i had only limited look at him doesn't seem to be that kind of player.

dc89

TalkSPORT now, they have an ex linesman (he ran in the line when AVB was at Chelsea so quite recent) in the studio and they're talking about officiating etc.

Not speaking kindly about Mike Riley at all. It's quite a good listen tbh.

dc89

Read in The I newspaper today that Rooney will most likely sign a new contract in the summer and that there are no plans to move for Rumbo.

Froggie pls no :(

I can't see Rooney moving this summer. I can for football reasons, but I can't see him uprooting his family and going to Paris. His second child is born in June.

Linius

Lolol, some dude in the GoT thread posted VLC screencaps of Game of Thrones. I'm wondering if ThosedeafMutes will let it slide :p

I can't see Rooney moving this summer. I can for football reasons, but I can't see him uprooting his family and going to Paris. His second child is born in June.
About this time into his wife's first pregnancy, Wazza Roon was paying a prostitute for sexy time.

Suen

Yeah I think we should aim for someone who could have RvP'esque impact on our game, who could let us really challenge for PL. I've had enough of fighting only for the CL spot. If we're gonna kick out Giroud the improvement should be substantial and Jovetic though i had only limited look at him doesn't seem to be that kind of player.
This is what I mean. I'm a bit tired of buying "promising players" only to have most of them disappoint (or they simply need more time to get better). I want someone who will go straight in and do the job, no waiting or anything, someone with all qualities of a top striker already there.

the biggest and best has to lead the way obv
:lol might as well troll as I like a few leagues

PL > La Liga > match-fixing A > Bundeslol

Zabojnik

Speaking of Juvetic and Fiorentina, if we beat Milan in the weekend and Fiorentina does the same with Toro ... Milan and Viola would only be 1 point apart. Dat 3rd place race.

Suen

Speaking of Juvetic and Fiorentina, if we beat Milan in the weekend and Fiorentina does the same with Toro ... Milan and Viola would only be 1 point apart. Dat 3rd place race.
I hope Milan take the second spot, don't want to see Andres x2 during CL.

Andres <3

Suen

Don't worry about that, we're getting Cuadrado. And Muriel. And Jackson Martinez.
Meanwhile James and Zuniga should go to Arsenal, Cavani and Falcao to Arsenal/Real. Alternatively they can all go to Parma so we can stop being shit every year. Andres reactions would be glorious.

Zabojnik

I just realized that if we get 3 points this weekend ... we could be celebrating the scudetto the week after, during or immediately after Torino - Juve. In front of 30k+ Toro fans. That would be fucking priceless. Football gods, grant me this one wish.

TAKE HIM OUT OF YOUR AVATAR RIGHT NOW

YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!

Top Bottom