• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jramnRxNjH3pM.jpg

jbbPxOreaDL0yb.jpg

jujoA2WDvZI2h.jpg

Please don't buy him, Arsenal :(

Gawge

This is why people like Platini and Benitez are against it....

I'm against technology in football. Once the cameras are in the stadiums, it is only going to take a few high-profile incidents for us to start looking at offsides too. There is no natural point for technology in football, there are no frequent and predictable stopping points to review decisions.

In theory, i'm not necessarily against goal-line technology providing the game is never stopped (referee is informed if it is a goal, game continues as normal otherwise). I'm just very worried that technology will begin to have more uses in refereeing. Though, to be fair, even pure goal-line technology isn't that clear-cut, there are concerns about Hawk-eye in Cricket.

Kenka

Please don't buy him, Arsenal :(
Who do you mean: Licht ? Marchisio ? Vidal ?
All three ?

He should end his career on a high note and stay with us until he retires. Greatest foreign striker in the Bundesliga of all time, although personally I'd put Elber above him.
Pizarro could score a lot more goals in another team. If de Bruyne leaves Werder to go to Leverkusen, I assume Allofs will want Pizza back, which could only be a good thing. Zabo mentioned Lazio though and I think he is right on the money.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just realized that if we get 3 points this weekend ... we could be celebrating the scudetto the week after, during or immediately after Torino - Juve. In front of 30k+ Toro fans. That would be fucking priceless. Football gods, grant me this one wish.

This.

Please.

30K times this.

Zabojnik

Fine, it's Juve - Milan week anyway, I'll go with Muntari.

After what various members of our staff said yesterday, I'd say Vidal is definitely staying.

I'm against technology in football. Once the cameras are in the stadiums, it is only going to take a few high-profile incidents for us to start looking at offsides too. There is no natural point for technology in football, there are no frequent and predictable stopping points to review decisions.

In theory, i'm not necessarily against goal-line technology providing the game is never stopped (referee is informed if it is a goal, game continues as normal otherwise). I'm just very worried that technology will begin to have more uses in refereeing. Though, to be fair, even pure goal-line technology isn't that clear-cut, there are concerns about Hawk-eye in Cricket.

The current system can give the machine's judgment to a referee's watch - 'GOAL', NO GOAL'. The referee can then make a decision whether this accords with his own view and understanding and stop the game if necessary. Why not apply this system to offside? The human eye is so poorly equipped to decide offside for very obvious reasons. The eye has to look at two different places at the same time to adjudge offside. Why not have the machine ping 'OFFSIDE' to his watch? I mean it's barely different to having a linesman press a button on their flag.

As for the inaccuracy, cricket is a game of far finer physical margins than football and the accuracy is still very good.

Zabojnik

Marchisio and Vidal are clearly gay for each other, which is completely understandable. Never leave us guys. <3

marchijuvrom.gif

Yep.

That avatar is over the line, btw :p

<3

I guess we'll have to wait until next season to witness Chiellini destroy Balo. I have a feeling next year's scudetto race will be amazing. Dubious penalties and accusations left and right, with bonus RasDellaFossa shannanigans. Can't fucking wait!

rasbarcamilan2.gif

So much for the fair play they were talking so much about when Adriano scored on them in CL, glad he did.

iCGcVHw7Sdc4p.gif

iUGO6zwF2bTRU.gif

kzEMUDo.jpg

and of course scored by the cunt that has been banned for life from the national team.
IY1iDbR.png
IY1iDbR.png
IY1iDbR.png

<3

I guess we'll have to wait until next season to witness Chiellini destroy Balo. I have a feeling next year's scudetto race will be amazing. Dubious penalties and accusations left and right, with bonus RasDellaFossa shannanigans. Can't fucking wait!

rasbarcamilan2.gif

I have to save that gif.

arkon

So much for the fair play they were talking so much about when Adriano scored on them in CL, glad he did.

iCGcVHw7Sdc4p.gif

iUGO6zwF2bTRU.gif

kzEMUDo.jpg

and of course scored by the cunt that has been banned for life from the national team.
IY1iDbR.png
IY1iDbR.png
IY1iDbR.png

If the ref doesn't blow the whistle for a foul, I would expect any player to score in that situation. Well, unless they were Klose. It's no different to a team continuing with play when an opposition player is down injured and potentially feigning injury to get the game stopped.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Isla's agent "Big Italian clubs (?) have sent in requests for Mauricio, we want to talk with Juve about this season, we aren't happy."

Guess what? We aren't happy either.

yurt pls, palermo need the points more than you. :(

(we can win it on Brøndby stadium again like a few years back!)

We'll be too drunk to play anyway.

If the ref doesn't blow the whistle for a foul, I would expect any player to score in that situation. Well, unless they were Klose. It's no different to a team continuing with play when an opposition player is down injured and potentially feigning injury to get the game stopped.

Yeah I kind of would too. Comes back to the whore ref.

and for whoever asked how Okore was doing yesterday before the match, he made a great assist to Cornelius.

ibyprKX43XaYpj.gif

arkon

Yeah I kind of would too. Comes back to the whore ref.

and for whoever asked how Okore was doing yesterday before the match, he made a great assist to Cornelius.

http://i.minus.com/ibyprKX43XaYpj.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol Great pass.

Did you end up winning that game?

dc89

This day in 1894 the football club first founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton), took the name Manchester City Football Club.

Happy Birthday Manchester City.

Top Bottom