• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Slizz

MevRkhD.jpg

Love him, accept him.

rvy

Banned
The Neymar myth is gonna get destroyed once he reaches Yurop. Because European defenses don't play like 5 year olds at the beach.
He'll still be a good player, if he grows and learns to adapt, I reckon, but not even close to Ronaldo and Messi.

Slizz

Seriously though, you think Neymar is in that small of a bubble/that dumb, that he thinks he can pull of the shit he does in the Brazilian league elsewhere?

rvy

Banned
Seriously though, you think Neymar is in that small of a bubble/that dumb, that he thinks he can pull of the shit he does in the Brazilian league elsewhere?

You think he's not? Neymar appears shocked whenever he plays for Brazil and has to deal with capable defenses.
He's like "holy shit, where did these 3 guys come from and why are they all over me?!"

The Neymar hate is just as ridiculous as the (blind) Neymar love. Perhaps even more so.

It's not as fun to hate on him now that neymarfan guy got banned in the Boston thread. :(

Neymar is the most overrated player in a long long time though, such shit decision making and a cunt too, don't think he would make it at a club like Barca or City at all.

Slizz

You think he's not? Neymar appears shocked whenever he plays for Brazil and has to deal with capable defenses. He's like "holy shit, where did these 3 guys come from and why are they all over me?!"

It's obvious Neymar isn't the sharpest knife, but very few prodigious talents are due to focusing on one thing for years.

I gotta believe he's got handlers, former players, current players in his ear telling him shit and what to expect.

It's not as fun to hate on him now that neymarfan guy got banned in the Boston thread. :(

Neymar is the most overrated player in a long long time though, such shit decision making and a cunt too, don't think he would make it at a club like Barca or City at all.

Fuck you. All he wants is diapers. He's willing to be fucked by Podolski and Ballack for them.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Bumhead

Banned
That's an impressive package.

Does Germany have similar? I remember on my stag do they seemed to have every game of the day televised. Should have it here, although that old chestnut about nobody actually going to games anymore would only be rolled out if somebody tried.

Meier

Love him, accept him.

He looks a lot better with that hair now. Seems like he's filling out a bit.. looks less like a "boy "than he did before. I like Neymar a lot -- can't wait to see him in Europe.

Next season's EPL coverage by NBC seems great. 380 games will be on TV or streaming.

Fucking yes! I can't wait. I was really hopeful they'd hire Ian Darke and Steve McManaman away from ESPN. :( Crossing my fingers they don't try and pull that Fox Soccer 2 Go bullshit and charge exorbitant prices for streaming.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
In the States Bundesliga is on a dying shitty channel (GolTV) and I think they have one more season. Fox Sports will only have Champion's League.

bjaelke

The Dutch reporter on Football Weekly just said Eriksen is a bit like Aaaron Ramsey.

All yours Lollerpool :lol
He said that in relations to the big matches and Eriksen have improved his game significantly in the past 3 months.

On the national team he's still shit.

Meier

In the States Bundesliga is on a dying shitty channel (GolTV) and I think they have one more season. Fox Sports will only have Champion's League.

Fox also has the Europa and I think they'll still have the FA Cup and a few other things still. It's going to be interesting to see if they pursue any other leagues and what ESPN does (they show a good number of random games on ESPN3 right now). BeIN needs to get on regular cable like Fox Soccer was if it wants to get any real traction and retain its licenses going forward. Being behind an additional sports package paywall is limiting exposure.

You already did.

http://sportblog.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/robinho.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha, well played.

Orlando City are going to sign a big name Brazilian once they join the MLS. Kaka's name has been thrown around a lot.. but since it will probably take another year or two, Robinho could be a possibility I bet.

rvy

Banned
It's obvious Neymar isn't the sharpest knife, but very few prodigious talents are due to focusing on one thing for years.

I gotta believe he's got handlers, former players, current players in his ear telling him shit and what to expect.

Doesn't mean he's gonna take their word for it, Neymar looks like someone who doesn't give a fuck and expects sheer talent to get him through the rest of his career.
Messi isn't just incredibly talented in terms of skill, he's also incredibly intelligent, manages to combine fast decision making with proper decision making and plays with his head up.
He reads the game better than the majority of the greatest mid-fielders ever (Zidane, Rui Costa, Aimar, Redondo), it's fucking ridiculous.

Yey, awkward English again.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Fox also has the Europa and I think they'll still have the FA Cup and a few other things. It's going to be interesting to see if they pursue any other leagues and what ESPN does. BeIN needs to get on regular cable like Fox Soccer was if it wants to get any real traction and retain its licenses going forward. Being behind an additional sports package paywall is limiting exposure.

I actually watched BeIN at my parents house for the first time and I was impressed by the quality of the feed. They're at least working on getting into more homes because Verizon FIOS got the channel a month ago or so.

Top Bottom