• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

defel

I know Ronaldo puts in tons and tons of work behind the scenes to get where he is. Training harder than the other players, putting in extra practice as well as being scrupulous in all areas of his life. Neymar doesnt strike me as that sort of character but if he learns that lesson there is no reason why he couldnt be great.

Still can't help but hate him though ;)

I know Ronaldo puts in tons and tons of work behind the scenes to get where he is. Training harder than the other players, putting in extra practice as well as being scrupulous in all areas of his life. Neymar doesnt strike me as that sort of character but if he learns that lesson there is no reason why he couldnt be great.

Still can't help but hate him though ;)
Nobody used to think that about Ronaldo either though.

I don't know about Neymar tbh, it's impossible to know.

But he nutmegged somebody with a header. That's fucking awesome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Carlo Ancelotti “€40m is far too much for Vidal. He is a very strong player, but that is too much money to spend on a midfielder.”

marotta02g2.jpg

LOOOL, well fuck off then?

Javi Martínez is worth 39m /Zabo

Meier

I actually watched BeIN at my parents house for the first time and I was impressed by the quality of the feed. They're at least working on getting into more homes because Verizon FIOS got the channel a month ago or so.

Oh yeah it's really wonderful. They have a fantastic set too and it feels very professional -- very European. The problem is that it costs $10 to get it (same package as Fox Soccer Plus) so I only see it when I go to a particular burrito joint here in town that I love. They have it on all the time it seems like.

Lunchbox

Banned
Next season's EPL coverage by NBC seems great. 380 games will be on TV or streaming.

this sounds too good to be true. NBC is in 4th place and going broke, how can they afford this?

their HD is the best among ABC, CBS and that joke called fox so hope it works out for them

rvy

Banned
I don't believe there is a middle ground like that for him. Amazing or shit. For him to be good it means he'd have to be somewhat consistent, which few flair Brazilians are.

That's because coaches teach them the wrong shit and never correct it. If a player grows up learning how to dribble around defenses, he's not gonna learn how to pass and move properly for the team. Neymar is one of these guys, coaches never taught him any different and he made a career out of his individual skill, as opposed to learning how to play for and with a team.

It's not a coincidence that Messi is the best and spent almost his entire youth career at Barcelona.
If Messi had stayed in Argentina, he'd be another one of this guys with amazing individual skill, but that doesn't understand the game.

Look at Denílson, fucking insane skill and was a flop in Europe. A guy with his quality spent almost his entire tenure here at Betis.

i would gladly pay extra money for bein sports. $5, $10 a month, whatever. unfortunately, my cable company (one of the largest ones in the NY/NJ area) does not carry it at all.

instead i am stuck watching 1980s-era RAI. at least it is helping me in my italian studies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
i would gladly pay extra money for bein sports. $5, $10 a month, whatever. unfortunately, my cable company (one of the largest ones in the NY/NJ area) does not carry it at all.

instead i am stuck watching 1980s-era RAI. at least it is helping me in my italian studies.

I'm moving in the summer once I graduate and I'm praying my TV provider has the channel. I'll rarely have to stream games as long as I have both BeIN and NBCSN.

rvy

Banned
HitlerMessi invited Godmar for a game in Colombia.

phpThumb.php.jpeg

Jugadores de Argentina, Brasil, Italia, Francia, Eslovenia, España y Colombia fueron confirmados para formar parte de los equipos que disputarán en Medellín un partido amistoso el próximo 29 de junio, informó la organización del encuentro.

Para ‘La Batalla de las estrellas, Messi y sus amigos II’, fueron confirmados los argentinos Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano, Emiliano Insúa, Ricky Álvarez, Martín Demichelis, Pablo Aimar, Sergio Aguero, y Agustín Orión.

Los brasileños Robinho y Diego Ribas, los italianos Antonio Cassano, Pablo Osvaldo y Marco Materazzi, el francés Eric Abidal, el esloveno Marek Hamsik, el español Bojan Krkic y los colombianos James Rodríguez, Dorlan Pabón, John Viáfara, Mario Yepes, Giovanni Hernández y Macnelly Torres también disputarán el partido.

El equipo de Messi jugará de blanco, mientras que el equipo rival lo hará de rojo.

El año pasado acompañaron a Messi en Bogotá jugadores de equipos de Portugal, Italia, Argentina, Francia, Turquía, Alemania, Colombia y de España, en un juego que se disputó en junio en Bogotá.

Oh dear. Andres is gonna bring his burra.

arkon

Arsenal! FTW!
It's going to be hard today but we can do this...

Also, I'm no longer a junior member hooray :D

You've got a great record against Everton. There were some silly stats being read out on the radio yesterday about the matchup. I think they've only beaten you twice in the PL era or something, and you've scored about 3 times as many goals.

All signs point to an Everton victory.

rvy

Banned
Surely there will be a mention of it coming to next gen consoles?!

I'm sure they'll mention it, but I want to see the next-gen version in action. They need to fix the unrealistic animation and moonball physics. Dumb AI too.
For current-gen, definitely going for PES 2014, new engine sounds amazing from the EDGE preview. Can't wait. Haven't bought a football game since FIFA 12.

rvy

Banned
Hopefully the FIFA announcement speeds Konami up, because I want to see PES 2014 ASAP.

The Head of Marketing at the Asian Football Confederation, Dr Hafez Al Medlej, has suggested Konami have acquired new licenses for the Pro Evolution Soccer series.

Tweeting late last night, Al Medlej confirmed "very important news" will come early next week.

The original tweet was posted in Arabic, so here's a rough translation below:

"I have reported the news of the application of the league to excite and delight the fans of PES (Japanese League – The common name of PES in the region historically from J-League Winning Eleven past).

Another delight next Monday with very important news. Don’t ask anymore questions as there is only a week left until the announcement."

After acquiring the license for South America's most prestigious competition, the Copa Libertadores, as well as the license for all 20 teams of Brazil's top tier, it looks like Konami have secured yet another deal.

Whether it be the license for the AFC Champions League or the Asian Cup, or something completely different, big news is expected for Monday.

Source: TudoWE

I'm moving in the summer once I graduate and I'm praying my TV provider has the channel. I'll rarely have to stream games as long as I have both BeIN and NBCSN.

make sure you move somewhere with fios or comcast!

actually i may also move this year, depending on if my gf gets a steady teaching job in the fall. fios/comcast availability is going to be an absolute prerequisite to choosing an apartment.

FIFA usually launches around late September. Will EA re-release FIFA 14 during the Christmas period for the next-gen consoles, or delay it entirely for all platforms until then?

Hixx

Yeah I can't wait for PES to be shown off.

Then for the inevitable 'ITS AN EARLY BUILD DEMO WAIT FOR DEMO 2!!"

Then demo 2 is worse

Every year

Top Bottom