• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Tbh they should just issue a salary cap and it will even out all the leagues.
You wouldn't get away with a salary cap in Europe. I can already see the smoke coming from EU lawyers' ears.

% of income to be spent on wages is the next best thing and what they're trying to do.

Tbh they should just issue a salary cap and it will even out all the leagues.
Yep. If they care about fairness that's what they should do.

Although even that would be loopholed and there would be tax issues.

Won't ever happen though, too complex.

FFP is a bit shit but I still think it's better than nothing. City and PSG will just make their backhand deals so they still get their pass and it generally encourages financial prudence - which is actually more of a concern for a lot of "smaller" clubs which never even get close to the CL.

bud23

tumblr_mlbo48otFM1qee6wmo1_250.gif

Amanda Bynes is...

Harry Redknapp.

Damn, that´s Amanda Bynes? what happened to her? Too bad.

41005-Amanda-Bynes-bikini-dancing-gi-XZ0E.gif

Fbloke (Andy M) ‏@TheRealFbloke 16s
Bayern sniping about City and PSG but €230 state aid to build a stadium and sponsorship from companies that own 8.1% of the club is OK?

A very, very good point.

Bayern OUT.

Pay The Man is so good (well, the first 5 minutes)

Is Rodgers' transfer modus operandi to go for players with a lot of potential who are nearing the stage where they've failed to fulfil it? Sturridge, Coutinho and Eriksen suggests so.

dc89

Pay The Man is so good

Is Rodgers' transfer modus operandi to go for players with a lot of potential who are nearing the stage where they've failed to fulfil it? Sturridge, Coutinho and Eriksen suggests so.
Makes sense considering Liverpool probably can't attract the top talents right now and I'm sure he thinks he has that special something to change their fortunes.

rvy

Banned
Well done, it was fun. I haven´t played 1 vs 1 in a while and I was shocked to see how much they downgraded Sporting. Practically every single player has been downgraded 3 or 4 points.

Dude, Açores is gonna lose their RTP feed if you keep playing FIFA instead of working.

I wasn't implying it wasn't real earned money.

Good on Bayern.
RealFBloke made a solid point.

Bayern earn gate receipts and sponsorship from their stadium which they were given help to build.

That's not fair on other clubs which don't get that help and then the opportunities it brings.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FFP pls

Vivalaraza said:
Fbloke (Andy M) ‏@TheRealFbloke 16s
Bayern sniping about City and PSG but €230 state aid to build a stadium and sponsorship from companies that own 8.1% of the club is OK?

black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

BECKENBAUER OUT

All their money is earned :)

Makes sense considering Liverpool probably can't attract the top talents right now and I'm sure he thinks he has that special something to change their fortunes.

Freddy Adu, Ryan Babel, Royston Drenthe and Ricardo Quaresma next :D

Still love Babel. Had it in him to be a very good player, just something wrong with his brain :(

Dude, Açores is gonna lose their RTP feed if you keep playing FIFA instead of working.

I´ve been unemployed for 5 months now. The regional administration wants to hire me back but they can´t do it until Lisbon goes ahead with the renovation of RTP Açores.

We want players who've failed to fulfil their potential, not players who could well stab one of their teammates if they're in a bad mood :p

@arkon, I feel that's harsh though. He spoke very well, and seemed bright enough. And he was well capable of putting in exceptional performances when it all clicked, but too often he just made the wrong decision. I feel that Rafa didn't help him either tbh.

dc89

RealFBloke made a solid point.

Bayern earn gate receipts and sponsorship from their stadium which they were given help to build.

That's not fair on other clubs which don't get that help and then the opportunities it brings.

Do you follow RealFBloke?!

He makes another good point here, if true of course.

Under UEFA's FFP any revenue derived by Bayern from Audi or Adidas must be investigated as they are related parties with 8.1% of shares each

Bayern Fans. Come talk to me about dodgy deals and "real earned money".

:lololol

Do you follow RealFBloke?!

He makes another good point here, if true of course.

Bayern Fans. Come talk to me about dodgy deals and "real earned money".

:lololol
Yes I do. He's a bit annoying sometimes but seems to have some good contacts so worth following just incase he gets some news.

That is true btw (about Bayern's ownership).

rvy

Banned
I´ve been unemployed for 5 months now. The regional administration wants to hire me back but they can´t do it until Lisbon goes ahead with the renovation of RTP Açores.

Oh, fuck. I had no idea. I thought Manny was the only one. Best of luck for that shit.

dc89

Yes I do. He's a bit annoying sometimes but seems to have some good contacts so worth following just incase he gets some news.

That is true btw (about Bayern's ownership).

Haha! I can imagine him being annoying. It would be like me following some mad United fan who sometimes has complicated opinions to put across in 140 characters.

Well...blow me. Bayern kept that quiet didn't they. In true Delia style:

Bayern GAF, where are you? Come on, lets be having you!!!

arkon

@arkon, I feel that's harsh though. He spoke very well, and seemed bright enough. And he was well capable of putting in exceptional performances when it all clicked, but too often he just made the wrong decision. I feel that Rafa didn't help him either tbh.

By that I meant he had Theo Walcott Syndrome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is gold :lol

genlaz_09_672-458_resize.jpg

Eder is out for at least 10 days, while Nenad Krsticic accused Francelino Matuzalem of “giggling” after ending his season with a dreadful tackle.

The Genoa Derby ended 1-1, but proved costly for Samp as Eder suffered a right thigh strain that will keep him out of action for at least 10 days.

Krsticic was stretchered off during the same match with three different lesions to his left ankle and is out for the rest of the season.

“I will not forgive Matuzalem,” slammed Krsticic in the Secolo XIX newspaper.

“Tackles like that were made to hurt players, just as he did in other occasions during his career. I’ll wait for him next year, if he’s still in Serie A...

“In the locker room he asked how I was and that was it. He didn’t apologise. If anything, he was giggling. I received many messages of support and solidarity, but none from Genoa.”

It is a familiar tale, as earlier this season Cristian Brocchi of Lazio also had his campaign ended by a Matuzalem tackle and claimed the midfielder – his former teammate – refused to apologise. In both instances, Matuzalem was only booked.

Blablurn

FC Bayern's team tonight: Neuer - Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Contento - Martinez, Schweini - Robben, Müller, Shaqiri - Mandzukić. ^M.Hörwick

spidye

Haha! I can imagine him being annoying. It would be like me following some mad United fan who sometimes has complicated opinions to put across in 140 characters.

Well...blow me. Bayern kept that quiet didn't they. In true Delia style:

Bayern GAF, where are you? Come on, lets be having you!!!
I don't understand. what have they kept quiet?

spidye

The well-known fact that's never been hidden that several companies own stakes?
it's even on wiki, lol
Professional football at Bayern is run by the spin-off organization FC Bayern München AG. AG is short for Aktiengesellschaft, and Bayern is run like a joint stock company, a company whose stock are not listed on the public stock exchange, but is privately owned. 81.8% of FC Bayern München AG is owned by the club, the FC Bayern München e. V. (e. V. is short for Eingetragener Verein, which translates into "Registered Club") and 9.1% by sports goods manufacturer Adidas and 9.1% by automobile company Audi.[81] Adidas acquired its shares in 2002 for €77m. The money was designated to help finance the Allianz Arena.[82] In 2009 Audi paid €90m for their share. The capital will be used to repay the loan for the Allianz Arena quicker than originally planned.[83] Bayern's other sports departments are run by the club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Bayern_Munich

FC Bayern's team tonight: Neuer - Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Contento - Martinez, Schweini - Robben, Müller, Shaqiri - Mandzukić. ^M.Hörwick

I'm glad contento getting more time to shine. also dat offense. (if robben plays well, of course)

The point he's making is that shareholders are investing into the club via sponsorship contracts, therefore there is third party investment.

In principle, you can question how "fair" that is.

It's a fairly moot point IMO since the sponsorship deals are not particularly inflated.

The point about the state aid in building the Allianz is however an interesting one. Bayern have benefited quite significantly there and that is a, one could say, "unfair" advantage they have had over other clubs.

Of course there is a wonderful irony here that Man City are guilty of both the above also.

#basedglazers

Top Bottom