• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
0 - Arsenal are yet to lose a Premier League game that they have taken the lead in this season (W15 D2) before today.

Wouldn't be mad even if I cared. Leitner, Bittencourt and Hofmann are playing decent to good, obviously lacking a bit of defensive work. Bit unlucky with the two goals for Augsburg.

An Augsburg win would be kinda cool, though, fuck Hoffenheim.

spidye

Wouldn't be mad even if I cared. Leitner, Bittencourt and Hofmann are playing decent to good, obviously lacking a bit of defensive work. Bit unlucky with the two goals for Augsburg.

An Augsburg win would be kinda cool, though, fuck Hoffenheim.

hell, even I want to lose to augsburg. such a great club should not get relegated
Gomez seems so clumsy. And Robben plays shit. As usual when it matters.

kroos' injury means we should get used to it. I wished heynckes would somehow realize shaq is much better than robben

Zabojnik

I like the 3-5-2. The problem is that the variation from last season is gone. You went from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 to 4-2-4 mid games last season.

I suppose it's not so much the formation per se, as much as it is that we don't have the right players for it. Lichtsteiner and Asamoah, as good as I think they are, are not wingers, yet are forced to play as such. Lichtsteiner is a RB, a pretty fucking great one at that, Asamoah is a mezzala like Marchisio and Vidal. Then there's the striker problem, which was even more evident in Juve - Bayern, where our strikers had one fucking job to do. Receive the ball, shield it so the midfielders can advance. Couldn't do it, of course. Quaglia can't control the ball for shit, Matri has one of the worst first touches in football's history.

What happens is that we become unable to develop our playing style as soon as the opposing team starts pressing us properly. It happened with Shakhtar, it happened with Celtic, it happened again with Bayern.

Suen

lol Sociedad - Malaga: 2-0 so far and there's like 15 min of the first half.

Doesn't look good for Malaga, come on guys!! :(

L1NETT

They always give up against Arsenal. Last season Foster didn't play and Flop did. This season Lukaku is on the bench, someone who would really cause that Arsenal defence problems.

They have nothing to play for. And wasn't it close last year? Like 3-2 or 2-1?

YES NAKHI YOU BEAUTY!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger has been doing some sort of devilry. Gervinho is playing well.

The_Joker

I can get behind that.

JKypZ2f.png

arkon

Can you not find any Huddersfield streams? Or are you watching Villa as well?

Are Huddersfield even playing?

I'm following the championship scores. Gotta keep an eye out for them. Nobody wants to televise a Huddersfield game lol and I don't blame them. Streams would therefore be non-existent.

We are playing Peterborough. Must win game.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm following the championship scores. Gotta keep an eye out for them. Nobody wants to televise a Huddersfield game lol and I don't blame them. Streams would therefore be non-existent.

We are playing Peterborough. Must win game.

Dat Fergie magic

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Villa need that second goal before HT. That will wrap it up. If they don't this game is going to end 1-1.

jtb

Banned
in all seriousness, I think part of the reason why Gervinho has been looking good the past couple games is because Podolski isn't playing. He can play inverted wide on the left or as a more traditional winger on the right, system's much more flexible—where Podolski can only play on the left (and since he's left-footed, he's not much of a goal threat on the wing either).

in short, stop playing Podolski on the wing.

Lightning

Banned
in all seriousness, I think part of the reason why Gervinho has been looking good the past couple games is because Podolski isn't playing. He can play inverted wide on the left or as a more traditional winger on the right, system's much more flexible—where Podolski can only play on the left (and since he's left-footed, he's not much of a goal threat on the wing either).

in short, stop playing Podolski on the wing.
Then we need to stop playing Podolski period because as a centre forward he sucks.

Top Bottom